Alan Greenspan Blames Republicans for Our Financial Problem

Remember that time we starved the beast...it was, like, um, well.

It happened, right?

On Bloomberg TV Just Now Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan Blames All The Past Republican Administrations & Congress for Our Countries Financial Problems!

Their drown it in the bathtub starve the beast tax cut unfunded mandates have destroyed this country. Had we properly cut spending & taxed to fund them all along everything would be fine. Instead Republicans exploded entitlement spending. Now the trust fund has been raided & it will cost a hell of a lot more to repay it with the interest it should have accrued all along now. We should have loaned money with a repayment plan to grow the economy instead of lending by redistributing it to the rich through the tax code to grow it. Now the rich will hide it instead of paying it back + interest with higher taxes. The country has been looted.

PS: Also my OP is not a quote, it is my interpration of his fancy words. I will have to wait for a clip to replay to get his words.
Given the Greenspan himself spanned Republican and Democrat administrations while this was happening I think this is a good response to his opinion on who's to blame.

4e3.jpg

Last edited:
If I had kept rates as low as Greenspan did and was responsible for 2 pretty disastrous bubbles, I'd be looking for someone else to blame too.

Forum List

Back