Alan Greenspan Blames Republicans for Our Financial Problem

On Bloomberg TV Just Now Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan Blames All The Past Republican Administrations & Congress for Our Countries Financial Problems!

Their drown it in the bathtub starve the beast unfunded mandates have destroyed this country. Had we properly cut spending & taxed to fund them all along everything would be fine. Now the trust fund has been raided & it will cost a hell of a lot more to repay it with the interest it should have accrued all along now. We should have loaned money with a repayment plan to grow the economy instead of lending by redistributing it to the rich through the tax code to grow it. Now the rich will hide it instead of paying it back + interest with higher taxes. The country has been looted.

PS: Also my OP is not a quote, it is my interpration of his fancy words. I will have to wait for a clip to replay to get his words.

You're going to have to find that quote, but because a quick search pulled up nothing.

I also find it very hard to believe that he would blame reducing the size of government and "starving the beast". No one in their right mind believes Republicans do either of those.

See. The noted, published (right here) whacko economist TN Harley has arrived to blame it all on Dems.
wtf is Alan Greenspan anyway? (That wtf is "who" not "what".

Im not blaming it all on dems. It is everyones fault. Facetious asshole

Greenspan is part of the reason this country is financially fucked, so of course he's going to blame whoever is convenient to shift blame away from himself.

Just another lying POS trying to cover for his own failures.

Speaking of liars. The resident liar of USMB has arrived.

"Starve the beast" has been an intellectual and empirical disaster.

But Democrats also voted for tax cuts so they don't get a pass.

Of course, Medicare is going to eat us alive, and I don't see much action from the Dems on this other than to gloat that they extended it by 8 years ( :thup: ) and bludgeon Republicans at every turn when they even whispered reform.

Let me ask you toro, what do you want to do about medicare? Most of the huge spending amounts come at the end of life. Should heroic measures be eliminated as a means of cutting medicare costs.

I watched my MIL die of diabetes complications. Huge amounts of money were spent on her at the end of her life. Still died. Why do we do that? Look at the charts. End of life care is extremely expensive. What would you want to do to reduce those expenses?

They shoot horses, don't they? Efforts to legalize the right to die have been opposed by conservatives across the nation. Everyone of us will die, yet we deny those who would choose to pick the time and place of their death that right. Why?

And on the Bush tax cuts. You sure they were not approved on a party line vote. I remember Dick Cheney casting the tie breaker vote in the middle of the night. Which cut was that. How many Dems voted for the Bush cuts?
Both #1 and #2.

Democrats voted for the Reagan tax cuts and the extension of the Bush tax cuts as well as tax cuts in the stimulus.

The 2003 tax cuts (when we were fighting two wars on credit) were passed via reconciliation with Cheney casting the tie breaking vote.

Last edited:
"Starve the beast" has been an intellectual and empirical disaster.

But Democrats also voted for tax cuts so they don't get a pass.

Of course, Medicare is going to eat us alive, and I don't see much action from the Dems on this other than to gloat that they extended it by 8 years ( :thup: ) and bludgeon Republicans at every turn when they even whispered reform.

Let me ask you toro, what do you want to do about medicare? Most of the huge spending amounts come at the end of life. Should heroic measures be eliminated as a means of cutting medicare costs.

I watched my MIL die of diabetes complications. Huge amounts of money were spent on her at the end of her life. Still died. Why do we do that? Look at the charts. End of life care is extremely expensive. What would you want to do to reduce those expenses?

They shoot horses, don't they? Efforts to legalize the right to die have been opposed by conservatives across the nation. Everyone of us will die, yet we deny those who would choose to pick the time and place of their death that right. Why?

It is a very VERY strange position the repubs take.

Gotta have that baby but fuk em after they get here. And we have to do every life extending measure that medical science has to offer to keep someone alive that you know is gonna die.

Weird and expensive.

But I have already decided. When my time is up, I will not have excessive efforts made to keep me alive. I will not bankrupt my family just so I can hang out as a veggie for another two weeks or so.

NO one gets out of this world alive.

On Bloomberg TV Just Now Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan Blames All The Past Republican Administrations & Congress for Our Countries Financial Problems!

Their drown it in the bathtub starve the beast unfunded mandates have destroyed this country. Had we properly cut spending & taxed to fund them all along everything would be fine. Now the trust fund has been raided & it will cost a hell of a lot more to repay it with the interest it should have accrued all along now. We should have loaned money with a repayment plan to grow the economy instead of lending by redistributing it to the rich through the tax code to grow it. Now the rich will hide it instead of paying it back + interest with higher taxes. The country has been looted.

PS: Also my OP is not a quote, it is my interpration of his fancy words. I will have to wait for a clip to replay to get his words.

You're going to have to find that quote, but because a quick search pulled up nothing.

I also find it very hard to believe that he would blame reducing the size of government and "starving the beast". No one in their right mind believes Republicans do either of those.

When did Republicans REDUCE THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT????? Campaign Retoric is not reality!!! Nationalizing Banks does not reduce government. Also Greenspan has said this type of stuff before. Alan Greenspan Just Called Out Republicans For Exploding Entitlement Spending

8249044743_c2d3daab56_z.jpg

Last edited:
And on the Bush tax cuts. You sure they were not approved on a party line vote. I remember Dick Cheney casting the tie breaker vote in the middle of the night. Which cut was that. How many Dems voted for the Bush cuts?
Both #1 and #2.

Democrats voted for the Reagan tax cuts and the extension of the Bush tax cuts as well as tax cuts in the stimulus.

The 2003 tax cuts (when we were fighting two wars on credit) were passed via reconciliation with Cheney casting the tire breaking vote.

That is what I was thinking. And my question was pertaining to the Bush cuts. Not Reagan cuts or Obama cuts. I know Dems worked with Reagan and I know repugbs wouldn't do anything Obama wanted done. And the tax cut extension by Obama was a mistake (he knows it now) and tied to the debt ceiling hostage situation brought on by Repubs.

Evidentally a lot of Dems were skeptical of the Bush cuts. That's why Cheney had to cast eh tie breaker in the middle of the night. Scum bag Cheney. Why won't he die anyway?

When did Republicans REDUCE THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT????? Campaign Retoric is not reality!!! Nationalizing Banks does not reduce government. Also Greenspan has said this type of stuff before. Alan Greenspan Just Called Out Republicans For Exploding Entitlement Spending

Exactly. Republicans have never reduced government or cut spending. So your OP blaming "drown it in a bathtub" and "starving the beast" is complete partisan bullshit.

Both #1 and #2.

The 2003 tax cuts (when we were fighting two wars on credit) were passed via reconciliation with Cheney casting the tie breaking vote.

I'm talking this past summer.

They also want to extend most of the Bush tax cuts to 98% of the population forever. How is this fiscally responsible when they aren't serious about spending reductions?

Last edited:

Exactly. Republicans have never reduced government or cut spending. So your OP blaming "drown it in a bathtub" and "starving the beast" is complete partisan bullshit.

They cut tax revenue & increased spending to starve the government.

8250147038_060a137fd9_z.jpg

Facts from the IRS: From 2001 to 2007 the people with the highest income got the biggest percentage cuts in their actual tax payments. The middle class had to subsidize the rich even more than before. We should have loaned the rich money to grow income instead of subsidizing them by transferring our wealth to them through the tax code because they will hide it instead of paying it back. It is time to end the tax subsidy to the rich from the middle class & SS trust fund. The middle class is tired of carrying the rich & poor. It's time for the rich to get off the middle class back & help carry the poor.

8244746311_852bec828c_k.jpg

Last edited:

I'm talking this past summer.

They also want to extend most of the Bush tax cuts to 98% of the population forever. How is this fiscally responsible when they aren't serious about spending reductions?

The Dems voted to extend the cuts because the GOP twirled their mustaches and put food on struggling Americans table on the railroad tracks in order to preserve the cuts for the top bracket.

I agree that extending them forever is moronic but what the GOP has been doing the last decade is flirting with treason.

He's a liberal piece of shit, ignore him.

Someone should ask him what he thinks about Obamination wanting to lift the debt limit for himself???

Hell, let's get to $30T in debt....then blame the GOP.

I was Greenspan's failure to take action to prevent the .com bubble from growing out of control and bursting. He saw it and called it Irrational Exuberance and did nothing to prevent it.

Just as he and the right did about the housing bubble.
Fools learn nothing from history.

btw the .com bubble was largely caused by the ending of spending on Y2K software fixes.
It was inevitable.

Their drown it in the bathtub starve the beast tax cut unfunded mandates have destroyed this country. Had we properly cut spending & taxed to fund them all along everything would be fine. Instead Republicans exploded entitlement spending. Now the trust fund has been raided & it will cost a hell of a lot more to repay it with the interest it should have accrued all along now. We should have loaned money with a repayment plan to grow the economy instead of lending by redistributing it to the rich through the tax code to grow it. Now the rich will hide it instead of paying it back + interest with higher taxes. The country has been looted.

Republicans exploded entitlement spending?

When?

New Topics

Forum List

Back