alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

cruz_anchor_baby.jpg

only he isnt even an anchor baby, he is a naturalized citizen ineligible for the office of the presidency.

Save that he's not naturalized. He was instead a citizen at birth. The only category of citizen that is recognized as 'naturlized at birth' are Puerto Ricans. And that because Congress decided it was so.

Cruz isn't Puerto Rican. Eliminating even that sliver of hope for your argument.

If you believe Cruz was naturalized, show us in US law. Don't tell us.

only he isnt even an anchor baby, he is a naturalized citizen ineligible for the office of the presidency.

Save that he's not naturalized. He was instead a citizen at birth. The only category of citizen that is recognized as 'naturlized at birth' are Puerto Ricans. And that because Congress decided it was so.

Cruz isn't Puerto Rican. Eliminating even that sliver of hope for your argument.

We the people gave Congress the power to create naturalized citizens......it can call them what it wants but it cant create natural born citizens as per the presidential requirements section of the Constitution.....and those born to US citizens overseas are also naturalized at birth.

We the people gave Congress the power to create naturalized citizens......it can call them what it wants but it cant create natural born citizens as per the presidential requirements section of the Constitution.....and those born to US citizens overseas are also naturalized at birth.

So when Congress said 'natural born' what they really meant was 'naturalized'?

Laughing.....you're a hoot. As your theories get nuttier and nuttier.

Show us that Cruz is a naturalized citizen. As you citing you may be amusing. But its factually worthless.

Show us that Cruz is a naturalized citizen. As you citing you may be amusing. But its factually worthless.

that whole law you're referring to is listed under the title of a rule of naturalization

Wrong. The Constitution STILL requires a few things. ONE of those things is that the contender BE a Natural Born Citizen (i.e., an "NBC").

And nobody, so far, has established that being born of an American parent at the time of birth (regardless of place of birth) means that a person is anything other than an NBC.
people are ok with lying now, lying is the new transparency. the constitution has become more of a guideline, not real rules.

birther is a good example of that, emails, benghazi, anything goes.

Again, Wash......the constitution doesn't define the term 'natural born citizen'. You have to go to other sources to find the Founder's understanding of the term. With the USSC using the most logical; British common law. The legal tradition from which our own arose and the one the founders were most familiar with.

And in British common law, natural born status follows place of birth.

However, as the Congress clearly has the authority to pass legislation that affects this status (as the Naturalization Act of 1790 elegantly demonstrates), we're left with only three options under today's law.

Citiizen at birth (natural born)
Naturalized at birth (Only applies to Puerto Rico)
Naturalized (citizen after birth)

And anyone who is born to US parents (with certain restrictions that Cruz's mom meets) is a citizen at birth. And thus, a natural born citizen. Cruz is a legitimate, if quite awful, candidate.

I suspect that British law was confused on this issue itself and that the founders were attempting to clarify things a bit with "uniform rules of naturalization". which however DO NOT allow congress to define what the constitution means in regard to presidential eligibility.

Just as being a british citizen doesnt qualify you to be king or Queen, being a citizen of the US does not allow you to be president.

The status of Puerto Ricans is essentially the same as children born overseas to US citizens....they just spelled it out better.....as they should have in other cases.

So, IF the Goldman-Sachs' errand-boy is eligible for anything it may be for governor of Puerto Rico, not president of the United States.

Now the Presidency is equivalent to a hereditary monarchy.

This reveals so much about why leftists are a useless hindrance to a republic.

Jefferson called the presidency a poor copy of a polish king.

and we have had 2 father son teams, with a clinton and a bush running this time

Do you actually need me to spell out the difference between an elected office and a hereditary monarchy, simply because *gasp* a father and a son can both decide they want to run for election? Do you also have trouble pouring piss out of a boot, even with the instructions printed on the heel?

I suspect that British law was confused on this issue itself and that the founders were attempting to clarify things a bit with "uniform rules of naturalization". which however DO NOT allow congress to define what the constitution means in regard to presidential eligibility.

Says you. The Naturalization Act of 1790 says otherwise. As it explicitly extends natural born status to those born to two US parents abroad. Doing exactly what you insist Congress wasn't allowed to do.

Given the Founders in the 1st session of congress vs. you citing yourself....I'm gonna go with the Founders.

God are you dense,.....it does not and cannot extend natural born status, that is simple common sense language that the founders didnt think anyone but the most stubborn-ass lawyer could confuse. .....it extends citizenship.

Im going to go with the founders too, and the Constitution was written to be amended, not to be modified by Congress on its own.
Well that's not true.

Congress can pass any legislation they want, including defining the term, "natural born citizen." And any such legislation would be constitutional unless the judicial branch deemed otherwise.

DC thinks that "natural born citizen" is a law of nature, like gravity or thermodynamics, not something decided by legislation.

and the vast majority of common sense americans would agree with me.

Yeah, because it's common-sense to think that citizenship in a nation is an immutable law of the universe on par with gravity.

You are so fucking stupid, it literally offends every fiber of my being to even know that you exist.

Oh, Christ, conclusive proof that dumbfuckery is a contagious disease.

And beyond the predictable ad hominem fallacies, do you have anything to say about the actual topic?

Been there, said that, done treating you animatronics like real people.

Ah, then you have nothing relevant to offer. When and if that changes, feel free to join us.

Yes, of course. The points that I have made multiple times simply do not exist if you can just ignore them long enough for me to dismiss you as a fucktard.

When and if you grow a pair, feel free to respond to them. Until then, enjoy celebrating the "victory" of preventing any facts from entering your fortress of stupid.

And maybe you could give us a chorus of "It's a Small World". I just love the way you guys move ALMOST like you're alive.

You've made no points. Your entire post was an excuse why you have nothing relevant to offer.

When you wish to join the conversation with something relevant, feel free.

When you wish to realize that this thread has over a hundred pages and that posts were made before you ever waltzed your fat, drooling ass in here, feel free.

Or, you know, continue to be a lazy poltroon who can't be bothered to read before putting his 1/2-cent in (believe me, your opinions aren't worth the whole 2 cents), and then demanding that the whole conversation be repeated to earn his "invaluable" respect. Let me just get right on posting exactly as much repeat as you deserve:

Piss off and die.

Hope that helps.

that whole law you're referring to is listed under the title of a rule of naturalization

Third-grade logic. I'm soooooo glad that dung beetles like you get to demand that our nation be governed on such pathetic terms.

You can't determine what's involved in naturalization without also determining which people DON'T REQUIRE IT. Duuuuuuhhhhh, flatliner.

Third-grade logic. I'm soooooo glad that dung beetles like you get to demand that our nation be governed on such pathetic terms.

You can't determine what's involved in naturalization without also determining which people DON'T REQUIRE IT. Duuuuuuhhhhh, flatliner.

you are nothing but a loud-mouthed insult clown......keep it up........if you are a typical Cruz supporter they will turn off so many good people that we wont even have to worry if the courts will make the mistake of allowing him to run or not.

And beyond the predictable ad hominem fallacies, do you have anything to say about the actual topic?

Been there, said that, done treating you animatronics like real people.

Ah, then you have nothing relevant to offer. When and if that changes, feel free to join us.

Yes, of course. The points that I have made multiple times simply do not exist if you can just ignore them long enough for me to dismiss you as a fucktard.

When and if you grow a pair, feel free to respond to them. Until then, enjoy celebrating the "victory" of preventing any facts from entering your fortress of stupid.

And maybe you could give us a chorus of "It's a Small World". I just love the way you guys move ALMOST like you're alive.

You've made no points. Your entire post was an excuse why you have nothing relevant to offer.

When you wish to join the conversation with something relevant, feel free.

When you wish to realize that this thread has over a hundred pages and that posts were made before you ever waltzed your fat, drooling ass in here, feel free.

Or, you know, continue to be a lazy poltroon who can't be bothered to read before putting his 1/2-cent in (believe me, your opinions aren't worth the whole 2 cents), and then demanding that the whole conversation be repeated to earn his "invaluable" respect. Let me just get right on posting exactly as much repeat as you deserve:

Piss off and die.

Hope that helps.

Its a little baffling why you too dunces are arguing here....you are basically on the same side

you are nothing but a loud-mouthed insult clown......keep it up........if you are a typical Cruz supporter they will turn off so many good people that we wont even have to worry if the courts will make the mistake of allowing him to run or not.

Blah blah blah "I don't like that you don't respect my opinion just because it exists, you big meanie head."

*yawn*

Blah blah blah "I don't like that you don't respect my opinion just because it exists, you big meanie head."

*yawn*

♪ Oh Canada my home and NATIVE land ♫

all your insults dont change that simple fact. Why did anyone care if Obama was born overseas if it didnt matter anyway?

but far worse than being born in Canada is the fact that Cruz is just a Goldman-Sachs errand-boy shill,

as the words to his secondary anthem state "Confound their politics"... and hes coming in pretty handy against Carson and Trump right now isnt he.

*yawn*

all your insults dont change that simple fact. Why did anyone care if Obama was born overseas if it didnt matter anyway?

but far worse than being born in Canada is the fact that Cruz is just a Goldman-Sachs errand-boy shill,

as the words to his secondary anthem state "Confound their politics"... and hes coming in pretty handy against Carson and Trump right now isnt he.

Who's trying to change the fact? No one needs to, because none of your "Canada!!! CANADAAAAAAA!!!!" changes the fact that he's still a natural-born citizen.

Far worse than being a moron is that you're so damned PROUD of it.

*yawn*

Who's trying to change the fact? No one needs to, because none of your "Canada!!! CANADAAAAAAA!!!!" changes the fact that he's still a natural-born citizen.

Why did anyone care if Obama was born overseas if it didnt matter anyway?

*yawn*

Why did anyone care if Obama was born overseas if it didnt matter anyway?
Because it did matter. Had Obama been born in Kenya, he would not have been eligible to be president of the U.S..

Harvard Law Review
On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

Harvard Law Review

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

quoting the above," the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues"....that is a dead giveaway that they are full of shit....for a few lines later they say CONGRESS has recognized................well why would Congress do such a thing in their scenario if the Constitution was "refreshingly clear"

the only clear way to read this is that natural born citizen has its common sense meaning and that Cruz is definitely NOT a natural born citizen.

What they are referring to regarding Congress are rules promulgated in an early Congress under the title rules of naturalization. Which shows that what children born to US citizens overseas are, are naturalized at birth.

Harvard Law Review

quoting the above," the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues"....that is a dead giveaway that they are full of shit....for a few lines later they say CONGRESS has recognized................well why would Congress do such a thing in their scenario if the Constitution was "refreshingly clear"

the only clear way to read this is that natural born citizen has its common sense meaning and that Cruz is definitely NOT a natural born citizen.

What they are referring to regarding Congress are rules promulgated in an early Congress under the title rules of naturalization. Which shows that what children born to US citizens overseas are, are naturalized at birth.

If YOU have such a HARD ON for this topic, and since you believe everyone has standing, why don't YOU appeal his nominee status.... Nothing stopping you, is there?

Harvard Law Review

If YOU have such a HARD ON for this topic, and since you believe everyone has standing, why don't YOU appeal his nominee status.... Nothing stopping you, is there?

I would imagine it would be quite expensive dont you? I will be rooting on Grayson however......he is doing the right thing

Forum List

Back