alan colmes the new bottomfeeder...

Stupid shit like this is part of the reason I quit listening to any talk radio for a long time.

I don't like Santorum as a Presidential Candidate. But, I will hold his coat for him if he wants to roll his sleeves up and kick off in Alans ass.

Colmes is a douche.

That being said, he called the Santorums, apologized for his hurtful comment, they accepted his apology.

That's good enough for me.

For the left to sink to these levels is really despicable. C'mon guys, is it so hard to stick to the issues without resorting to this sort of character assassination? If you want to go after Gingrich for his infidelity, fine. It's fine to go after Obama for his association with Rev Wright or Bill Ayers, fine. But going after something like this, it's way out of the bounds of decency. And I would condemn the very same crap from Limbaugh or Hannity.

Alan's much better on his radio show. Whenever he's on any OTHER The FOXNEWS show he assumes the position and genuflects to his host(s). He is THE leftwing punching bad for that network.

I listen to his radio show quite often and he's much better there. Rarely does anyone get the best of him on his own show. Often times callers ask him why he's such a patsy on other shows like O'Reilly, he never really has a good answer, although he thinks he does.

That being said, his statement was not called for. Not for the death of a child. Bad on Colmes. He goes off the railroad on issues such as religion as well.

He's a stereotypical liberal on such matters.

So is it true?

In his Senate office, on a shelf next to an autographed baseball, Sen. Rick Santorum keeps a framed photo of his son Gabriel Michael, the fourth of his seven children. Named for two archangels, Gabriel Michael was born prematurely, at 20 weeks, on Oct. 11, 1996, and lived two hours outside the womb.

Upon their son's death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen's parents' home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Father First, Senator Second (washingtonpost.com)

Cuddling and Kissing, not playing.
Colmes repeatedly said that Rick brought the two hours old body home to PLAY with the kids. To "Play" does not describe what he did. Saying it in accurate terms wouldn't have gotten the results Colmes imagined so he had to distort the truth.

I wouldn't have done what Santorum did, but I think it was very moving, had a purpose, and what Colmes described was horrendous.
You're right, fondling would probably be more accurate than play, but kissing, cuddling, caressing, fondling, playing whatever you want to call it is still pedophile necrophilia. SICK, SICK, SICK! :eusa_whistle:

As much as I always found that whole thing odd, I always felt sympathy for him and his family more than anything. The fact Colmes does this a day before the primary demonstrates that it's nothing more than a petty cheap shot that was completely unnecessary.

I'm glad he called up the Santorums and made a much-needed apology.

Alan Colmes has always been a dirtbag and his radio program sucks too. All he does is insult the callers and hang up on them.

He's known in our house as "Skeletor" or the "Phantom of the Opera".

having also had a baby too soon, he only lived 20 minutes, I understand how they felt. When mine was born they didn't let you see the dead baby; I signed myself out of the hospital so I could see him buried in my husband's grandmother's plot. They didn't even want the mother to go to the cemetary then. Even to this day, I wonder what he looked like. I wish I had held him. I only have his little tiny footprints on his birth certificate. Though not a Santorum supporter, I know they were letting their other children see their baby, acknowledging the child's existance. Holding onto their child for a just a little bit till they would never see it again. No parent who has lost a baby would do what Colmes spoke of. We view death differently than our ancestors did. Death then was so much a part of life and we have washed it, sanitized it, decorated it and appllied make up to it. What they did would not have seemed strange at all 200 years ago. Then again, the child would have already been at home and not in an institution. My last grandchild was born at home, and it's a nicer way to be born and yes to die.

Last edited:
having also had a baby too soon, he only lived 20 minutes, I understand how they felt. When mine was born they didn't let you see the dead baby; I signed myself out of the hospital so I could see him buried in my husband's grandmother's plot. They didn't even want the mother to go to the cemetary then. Even to this day, I wonder what he looked like. I wish I had held him. I only have his little tiny footprints on his birth certificate. Though not a Santorum supporter, I know they were letting their other children see their baby, acknowledging the child's existance. Holding onto their child for a just a little bit till they would never see it again. No parent who has lost a baby would do what Colmes spoke of. We view death differently than our ancestors did. Death then was so much a part of life and we have washed it, sanitized it, decorated it and appllied make up to it. What they did would not have seemed strange at all 200 years ago. Then again, the child would have already been at home and not in an institution. My last grandchild was born at home, and it's a nicer way to be born and yes to die.

My heart goes out to you. So sorry for your loss.

Colmes has Pastor Jeffres on now. Interesting, I love how these religious guys totally smack Colmes down with his religious misunderstandings.

It seems the left is so set on keeping a Democrat in the White House that they will say and do anything.

Personally I think they deserve to lose because of this. Not that the Republicans deserve to win, but because the left needs to learn that this kind of nasty conduct shouldn't be rewarded.

That is part of the reason they keep doing it......because it works.

Thank you, it was a very long time ago; I was 21, but still I often wonder what he would have looked like. So I understand their wanting to hold their child for a bit. If this had been even 100 years ago, the baby would have been at home when born and would have been held and said goodbye to. The Santorums are not so odd......Colmes was odd.

Thank you, it was a very long time ago; I was 21, but still I often wonder what he would have looked like. So I understand their wanting to hold their child for a bit. If this had been even 100 years ago, the baby would have been at home when born and would have been held and said goodbye to. The Santorums are not so odd......Colmes was odd.

It's pretty clear that folks like Colmes get paid to twist the truth into something it's not. Some would say to themselves "I'm not going there", but it's become clear that because of the desperation that the left has with keeping a failed president in the White House, nothing is out of bounds to them. And what's worse.....many who vote Democrat agree with them.

Well, actions have consequences. I think that when you stoop so low to get what you want your karma suffers. As long as the Dems keep campaigning this way nothing good will come of it.

Some will say that this has nothing to do with Obama. I think it has everything to do with him......mainly because Obama set this up in the first place with backdoor deals with the media......and if he wasn't such a terrible leader the media wouldn't have to do this. They could just remind us of Obama's successes.

Last edited:
So is it true?

In his Senate office, on a shelf next to an autographed baseball, Sen. Rick Santorum keeps a framed photo of his son Gabriel Michael, the fourth of his seven children. Named for two archangels, Gabriel Michael was born prematurely, at 20 weeks, on Oct. 11, 1996, and lived two hours outside the womb.

Upon their son's death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen's parents' home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Father First, Senator Second (washingtonpost.com)

Cuddling and Kissing, not playing.

Yes, it's true.......and there is nothing wrong with it. Anyone who has ever lost a family member understands the need for the physical contact to help let go.

Actually, I don't. As far as I'm concerned, once the person is dead, it's just a body. I understand different people grieve differently though and I would never condemn someone for needing to be with the body of their dead loved one, well as long as they don't go as far as "Psycho".

My firstborn would have been 36 this coming year, I understand.

Forum List

Back