Alabama's immigration reform again cuts unemployment!

"The Democrats’ focus on immigration is largely intended to rally Hispanic voters behind
President Barack Obama.

Multiple polls show that Hispanic-American voters believe that jobs and education are their top political issues.

But the polls also show that heated controversies over immigration tend to rally Hispanic support for Democratic candidates.

Democratic politicians and activists try to create controversies over the issue, partly by portraying bipartisan efforts to curb illegal immigration as racist.

For example, numerous Democrats have declared that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s call for immigration enforcement is “extreme.”

Romney “would become the most extreme presidential nominee of our time,” Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch declared in a joint Jan. 12 press conference with fellow Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the Democratic National Committee."

Alabama | Immigration Law | Unemployment | Robert Bentley | The Daily Caller

Unemployment is dropping almost everywhere.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Rather than flame people who oppose another draconian law enforcement "war" on something, think for a moment of the other "wars" and their side effects. No one can say that the war on drugs solved the drug problem, a war on illegal immigrants will be no more successful. We need to take a lesson from that intractable pro-prison industry war and refuse to give them another war to fill their for profit jails.

Last edited:
Local roid raging dicks who took the opportunity to search my car for no good reason three times, they packed up their little gestapo act about the time it came out that they were going to gut the law.

And why did you allow them to? Unless they had probable cause they had no right to search your vehicle under the Fourth Amendment.

Didn't feel like getting tazed that day bro.

Then you get a lawyer, sue, and in a few years you're a millionaire.

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

—Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Letter from a Birmingham Jail, 1963

Are you an American?

If so; why would you be rooting for the illegals to get the jobs back?

Shouldn't you be saying that now the chicken plants will have to pay more money to their workers; American workers.

He's an American in name only. Like most libturds, he actively campaigns to destroy America every chance he gets.

Are you an American?

Shouldn't you be saying that now the chicken plants will have to pay more money to their workers; American workers.

He's an American in name only. Like most libturds, he actively campaigns to destroy America every chance he gets.

Ridiculous assumptions are not an argument, this law cost a lot of Americans business and caused undue hardship for a lot of regular people who are just trying to keep food on the table. There are consequences to every blind heavy-handed use of force by government, people who continually ignore that fact are cursed to repeat the same mistakes.

I am an American and I love my country enough not to want another stupid law enforcement war on poor people, you suck for suggesting otherwise.

Last edited:
Are you an American?

Ridiculous assumptions are not an argument, this law cost a lot of Americans business and caused undue hardship for a lot of regular people who are just trying to keep food on the table. There are consequences to every blind heavy-handed use of force by government, people who continually ignore that fact are cursed to repeat the same mistakes.

I am an American and I love my country enough not to want another stupid law enforcement war on poor people, you suck for suggesting otherwise.

That was a better explanation that I could come up with. Short, to the point, honest.

Did you hear that they are quietly going to go back and gut the law after it became apparent that the sizable ag industry in Ala. lost millions due to a shortage of workers? Guess not, republicans rarely think of the unintended consequences of their actions. BTW those jobs that some are so proud of gaining will be toast just as soon as they can find a way to get illegals back into the chicken plants.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X08rq2KpoRU&feature=player_embedded]"Not the Kind of Alabama I Want" - YouTube[/ame]

I live in Alabama, I've had a front row seat for this mess, my cousin lost 75% of her crop of peaches because she could not find anyone to pick them. The goddamned roadblocks these asshole cops set up were such a pain in ass that going anywhere got to be an intolerable pain in the ass, they were fond of setting up where my little community joined the main road and I was stopped 10 times in two months just going to the store. Immigration is in bad need of reform and taking a draconian law enforcement only approach is a recipe for economic disaster to some. If there is ever a national news story out of Ala. that does not make us look like horrible, backward people I will probably faint.
Tell your cousin to pay a wage Americans can live on and quit running her business model on slavery. I'd be willing to bet that your cousin's labor cost doesn't exceed 10%, tell her to DOUBLE her wages. The market price of peaches could handle a concomitant 10% rise.

Forum List

Back