Alabama Storms took my Mother and Aunt - Updated

So sorry to hear of your loss Mini. You have my deepest sympathy.
You are right, they are enjoying themselves in Heaven and happy to see the loved ones again.
I am praying for you and all who have lost their loved ones throughout all of the states.

Years ago I saw a documentary on TV about tornado outbreaks.

They interviewed a mother whose family survived by huddling in the middle of their home.

She said when it was over, her young daughter looked at her and said "mommy, I saw angels and they were golden".

Oh Mini, how terribly awful . . . .

I don't even have the words to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your mom and aunt. Please just know that you are in our prayers and take care. {{{ hugs }}}}

:(

Prayers to you and your family

You have my deepest sympathy

Mini,

I hate threads like this. I never ever know what to say. Sorry for your loss just doesn't cut it, if you know what I mean!

My prayers for you and your family.

Immie

I have not been posting lately, and may not again soon, but I wanted to pass along some sad news for those who can see through my acerbic board persona to the human being living inside (maybe just strollingbones, uscitizen, madeline, and a couple of others?)

The Southernmost storm that ripped through Lake Martin, Eclectic, and Dadeville, Alabama on Wednesday night took direct aim at the family cabin on Lake Martin. I was on the road about 3 hours away when I saw the storm building on radar at around 8:30. I called my mother and her sister (both in their 70's) to inform them they needed to get in the center of the house until the storm had passed. I told them I loved them, and to call me as soon as the storm had passed.

We recovered mom's body around 3am Thursday morning, and finally located my aunt's body beneath the rubble of what once was the 100 year old cabin around 10 the next day. Everything was a total loss, but I find solace in the fact that they went out together, in the place they loved most, in an instant with no suffering.

God has surrounded me with friends and family, and I am confident the two 70 year-old women are 6 again, and playing in the yard in heaven....maybe flirting with their husbands again, and smiling down on all of us, waiting patiently to see us again.

Sometimes God's love hurts deeply, but that's how I know it is true love.

Mini,

I am so sorry for your loss. The historic May 3rd, 1999 tornado that hit Oklahoma City missed my house by only a few blocks. All I lost was one fence panel while the neighborhoods for a mile around me were literally piles of rubble just as you are seeing there. Seeing that kind of material devastation alone will kill your soul. Coupling it with a personal loss is just salt in the wound. My heart goes out to you and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have not been posting lately, and may not again soon, but I wanted to pass along some sad news for those who can see through my acerbic board persona to the human being living inside (maybe just strollingbones, uscitizen, madeline, and a couple of others?)

The Southernmost storm that ripped through Lake Martin, Eclectic, and Dadeville, Alabama on Wednesday night took direct aim at the family cabin on Lake Martin. I was on the road about 3 hours away when I saw the storm building on radar at around 8:30. I called my mother and her sister (both in their 70's) to inform them they needed to get in the center of the house until the storm had passed. I told them I loved them, and to call me as soon as the storm had passed.

We recovered mom's body around 3am Thursday morning, and finally located my aunt's body beneath the rubble of what once was the 100 year old cabin around 10 the next day. Everything was a total loss, but I find solace in the fact that they went out together, in the place they loved most, in an instant with no suffering.

God has surrounded me with friends and family, and I am confident the two 70 year-old women are 6 again, and playing in the yard in heaven....maybe flirting with their husbands again, and smiling down on all of us, waiting patiently to see us again.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. God bless you this day.

How awful for you and your family. Condolences.

Forum List

Back