Alabama, Mississippi?

Poor Republicans, thinking they can pick their own nominee.

Mitt Romney has been hand picked by the billionaire boys club, and they will shove the him down your throats.

Welcome to the world of Citizens United, Republicans.

The guy with the most billionaires wins.

Poor Republicans, thinking they can pick their own nominee.

Mitt Romney has been hand picked by the billionaire boys club, and they will shove the him down your throats.

Welcome to the world of Citizens United, Republicans.

The guy with the most billionaires wins.

Yes we seen how you guys had to anoint Obama, blocking two states, allowing two votes.

But you dont want to talk about much worse as a big partisan do you?

Santorum plays well in the south and in swing states like Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Carolina's...possibly Florida.

romney will win florida. you have all the retirees down there who don't give a rat's patoot about birth control but care about how their dollars are managed.

you also have a lower percentage of evangelicals there.

80% of republicans who voted for him in alabama were evangelicals... more than 70% in mississippi. you have a very different demographic in florida, imo.

also, the over $100,000 a year crowd and people with more than a high school education don't vote santorum. they go for newt or romney.

You are prolly right. I am still betting on an open convention right now.

“I voted for the more electable not-Romney,” he said, meaning Mr. Santorum, though adding that he “is a little heavy on the social issues.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/u...labama-and-mississippi-head-to-the-polls.html

I read here the longest primary in many years; I thought of the 2008 DEMOCRATIC primary. I was incorrect; this is the longest GOP primary without a knock out in a long time I gather. Ala. & Miss. are "RELEVANT".

You know--I always thought it was liberal democrats that were dumber than dirt. But after this--I can see a lot of IGNORANCE on the right also.

Here is a person that admits that Rick Santorum is too far socially right--but voted for him anyway.

In the somehow miracle--that Rick Santorum becomes the nominee--by the time Barack Obama is finished with him--the ONLY woman in this country that would vote for him would be his wife.

Since 52% of the electorate are women--a Santorum nominee would guarantee that we would give back the house to Nancy Pelosi--and lose several seats in the Senate.--along with the Presidency. A Santorum nominee would make for an all out Landslide for liberal democrats.

Last edited:
In spite of Santorum's narrow wins in the deep south - Romney won more delegates yesterday.

Very true....BUT Santorum will get the headlines. In reality, according to RCP, in Mississippi for example Santorum got one more delegate than Romney. Big deal. Romney has more delegates than the other three combined. I made this point in another thread last week, but I will make it again. It's not enough for Santorum to simply win a state at this point. He has to completely dominate and if he can't do that in the evangelical south he sure as hell won't do it anywhere else (with the possible exception of Wisconsin).

[
In the somehow miracle--that Rick Santorum becomes the nominee--by the time Barack Obama is finished with him--the ONLY woman in this country that would vote for him would be his wife.

Since 52% of the electorate are women--a Santorum nominee would guarantee that we would give back the house to Nancy Pelosi--and lose several seats in the Senate.--along with the Presidency. A Santorum nominee would make for an all out Landslide for liberal democrats.

Well....conservative women will vote for Santorum. They currently are. But yes, Obama would make mincemeat out of Santorum. I don't even think Santorum would take his home state.

April 24, Pennsylvania primary

Santorum is dreaming, it is to late to stop Romney particularly by a polarizing candidate ...

His best hope would be to fill out the ticket as VP which would require his winning the Pennsylvanian primary - at present a guess would be he will lose in Pennsylvania and that will be the end to his ambitions.

You are prolly right. I am still betting on an open convention right now.

I will take that bet. I just ran the math myself and Zander is absolutely correct. Given the winner take all states remaining, all Romney would have to do is average 33% of the remaining proportional delegates and he would be over 1,144. Not by much mind you...but he will clinch the nomination slightly prior to the convention....assuming both Newt and Rick stay in the race. If one leaves then it remains to be seen how their supporters would split and that could possibly make things a lot closer.

Santorum is dreaming, it is to late to stop Romney particularly by a polarizing candidate ...

His best hope would be to fill out the ticket as VP which would require his winning the Pennsylvanian primary - at present a guess would be he will lose in Pennsylvania and that will be the end to his ambitions.

Romney won't take Santorum as VP. No chance. That's going to be Marco Rubio barring a miracle.

Romney won't take Santorum as VP. No chance. That's going to be Marco Rubio barring a miracle.

Rubio? I don't know.... Romney is running a careful, by-the-numbers campaign. I doubt he will deviate from the script. That means he will choose a VP that will excite the conservative base, and shore up a KEY state or region. Marco Rubio does fill the bill nicely- the only downside is his inexperience.

I think Romney saw the way Palin was treated, and will pick someone with PLENTY of experience.

In spite of Santorum's narrow wins in the deep south - Romney won more delegates yesterday.

In some part of your brain, you have to realize this isn't a hostile takeover, this is supposed to be a movement, right?

If Romney's intent is to game the system to get majority control of the GOP nomination, and if he has to run over the people who ain't too thrilled with that, he isn't going to get anywhere.

What he needs to do is convince people who aren't for him- about 65% of GOP voters- that hey, maybe they should support him.

"I got the Delegates, Suck it, Peasants" isn't going to fly with a lot of them.

Romney wins tonight no matter what happens in Mississippi or Alabama. He will be taking home at least 30-35% of the delegates.

Here is the math. Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, California, New York, New Jersey, Utah- are winner take all states- he has huge leads in all of those states. Romney needs to win less than a third of the rest and he has enough to win the nomination. Sorry Romney haters...

Yes, Romney does well in the liberal states...he's right at home there.

I agree. Plus he's already bought and sold. He is no different then what we have had since da'Bush was elected.

Forum List

Back