Alabama Honors Rosa Parks with Rosa Parks Day

Civil Rights protesters were American Patriots fighting for freedom

The south needs to move away from celebrating a despicable Confederacy to celebrating it true patriots

Those who fought for Civil Rights

How about allowing for both?

Part of the healing process between the north and the south after the war was to let them remember their war dead as they saw fit.

Long overdo but a damn ugly statue that does nothing to capture the dignity of Rosa Parks

It seems to be a current trend of sculptors to take an ugly stick to whatever they are sculpting.

Ronaldo Bust Looks Nothing Like Ronaldo, and the Internet Notices
The worst was Lucille Ball

lucille-ball-before-after.jpg

I can’t believe sculptors are not required to provide a rendering or scale model before they deliver the final product

Yes, it was all staged. Not at all like the Media says at all. Total scam, but if it helped get the Civil Rights Act passed, I am ok with that. Still feel duped though.

Don't get me started on Nelson, and Winnie Mandela.

The south needs to move away from celebrating a despicable Confederacy to celebrating it true patriots

Part of the healing process between the north and the south after the war was to let them remember their war dead as they saw fit.
The south has a long way to go

Daughters of the confederacy placed a monument or statue in every town square.

I don’t see the same passion to honor the South’s civil rights legacy. Civil Rights was more noble. They had a legitimate grievance

Rosa Parks was the central figure in a fraudulent, staged Civil Rights event.

She was never in danger, and isn't a Hero. .... :cool:
She was a communist her entire life.
Good for her if this is actually true but knowing you its probably an inbred lie. :rolleyes:
They called MLK a Commie too

A common tactic of those who opposed Civil Rights
MLK for all his glaring faults, his alcoholism, his plagiarism, his weakness for white women wasn't a communist. He just believed in a communist economic system.

Long overdo but a damn ugly statue that does nothing to capture the dignity of Rosa Parks

It seems to be a current trend of sculptors to take an ugly stick to whatever they are sculpting.

Ronaldo Bust Looks Nothing Like Ronaldo, and the Internet Notices
The worst was Lucille Ball

lucille-ball-before-after.jpg

I can’t believe sculptors are not required to provide a rendering or scale model before they deliver the final product

giphy.gif

I don’t see the same passion to honor the South’s civil rights legacy. Civil Rights was more noble. They had a legitimate grievance

One doesn't need to destroy one part of history to honor another.

Nothing is stopping anyone from forming the "Daughters of the Civil Rights Movement" and having them sponsor monuments and such.

I love that Rosa was recognized but she wasnt the first to stand up to racism on the buses. This young lady was the first. Claudette Clovin

Before Rosa Parks, There Was Claudette Colvin

COLVIN200-48ca886d51d65f2111116d8cb84cdf89925538d3-s800-c85.jpg
I’m sure there were many blacks who resisted Jim Crow laws and were either beaten up or arrested

Only Rosa Parks started a movement. Doesn’t negate the sacrifices others made

That is the point A is making. Parks did not start a movement. Not disrespecting what she did because she is a hero, but she did not start a movement that was more than 100 years old when she did what she did..

One doesn't need to destroy one part of history to honor another.

Nothing is stopping anyone from forming the "Daughters of the Civil Rights Movement" and having them sponsor monuments and such.

The confederacy is not American history. They seceded from the union and ceased to be Americans.

I love that Rosa was recognized but she wasnt the first to stand up to racism on the buses. This young lady was the first. Claudette Clovin

I’m sure there were many blacks who resisted Jim Crow laws and were either beaten up or arrested

That is the point A is making. Parks did not start a movement. Not disrespecting what she did because she is a hero, but she did not start a movement that was more than 100 years old when she did what she did..

No she didn’t start it. She was a symbol of we are not going to take it anymore.
Her resistance was not a spontaneous act. It was planned in advance.

But Rosa is still a hero. She had no idea what refusing her seat would bring. Most who tried it before were either beaten or arrested. She had no idea a bus boycott would work..... it did

More importantly she risked her life. Many civil rights leaders were murdered.

No she didn’t start it. She was a symbol of we are not going to take it anymore.
Her resistance was not a spontaneous act. It was planned in advance.

But Rosa is still a hero. She had no idea what refusing her seat would bring. Most who tried it before were either beaten or arrested. She had no idea a bus boycott would work..... it did

More importantly she risked her life. Many civil rights leaders were murdered.

I agree with you 100 percent.

Maybe they awarded the contract to create it based on affirmative action rather than merit?

:abgg2q.jpg:

What do whites like you really know about merit? Whites have nothing based on merit.

Maybe they awarded the contract to create it based on affirmative action rather than merit?

:abgg2q.jpg:

What do whites like you really know about merit? Whites have nothing based on merit.
My, my, my.

You ARE salty this mornin' aren't ya?

Sorry to hit a spot.

It's all right. Everyone's a critic.

I had a few scholarship's to art school, but it wasn't the area of study I wanted to pursue.

He's actually quite proficient in 2D, I like his pencil and paint. I was stronger in 3D than in 2D myself.

1558560_277329232419932_1076720990_n.jpg

Ronald Scott Mcdowell

Ronald McDowell Art

Forum List

Back