Alabama high school wants to give corporal punishment for 'too revealing' prom dresse

I'm a conservative who says no fucking school administrator is going to be hitting my child with ANYTHING.

They will take their suspension and deal with that blemish on their record. They will have been parented well enough before hand not to make the mistake to begin with though.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Unfortunately you just hit the crux of the matter, many kids aren't parented at all, or they have parents like Barb who advises them to flash their tits. and it is THOSE kids who get into trouble, not the kids who have been taught the right thing at home.

When I was a kid the rule was if you get a paddling at school, you're getting another one when you come home. I never tested that theory. My son had the same rule, same result. He graduated in May with never being paddled, suspended, or otherwise punished by the school.

I'm a conservative who says no fucking school administrator is going to be hitting my child with ANYTHING.

They will take their suspension and deal with that blemish on their record. They will have been parented well enough before hand not to make the mistake to begin with though.

Unfortunately you just hit the crux of the matter, many kids aren't parented at all, or they have parents like Barb who advises them to flash their tits. and it is THOSE kids who get into trouble, not the kids who have been taught the right thing at home.

When I was a kid the rule was if you get a paddling at school, you're getting another one when you come home. I never tested that theory. My son had the same rule, same result. He graduated in May with never being paddled, suspended, or otherwise punished by the school.

Dude...

I'm an advocate of spanking your children when necessary, but that's the sole responsibility of the parent.

What this is, is parents abdicating responsibility out of convenience. No REAL parent would advocate such a thing.

The purpose of school is to learn what I'm not capable or qualified to teach my children myself. Physical discipline is most certainly within my means.

Dude...

I'm an advocate of spanking your children when necessary, but that's the sole responsibility of the parent.

What this is, is parents abdicating responsibility out of convenience. No REAL parent would advocate such a thing.

The purpose of school is to learn what I'm not capable or qualified to teach my children myself. Physical discipline is most certainly within my means.

You're right, the school shouldn't have to discipline kids at all, that should be taken care of at home. But it isn't in a VAST majority of cases and so it falls on teachers and administrators I assure you, for the most part, would rather have nothing to do with such. Do you really think there are teachers running around there just hoping to be able to whip some teenage ass? ok I'm sure there are some but that's a failure of the system to get rid of them, a whole nother issue.

In an ideal world, you are correct, children would be well behaved and come to school to learn, in the real world that is not the case, and their bad behavior affects not just them, but every student in the class as well as the teacher.

I have had had parents show up for expulsion hearings before and scream and rant and rave that there child shouldn't be expelled but when you ask them what THEY are willing to do to help control their child's behavior so that they can remain in school they look at you like you are crazy..... There are a lot of shitty parents out there who force schools to act.

PS - As a general rule I don't believe in spanking, my 18 y/o son received one in his entire childhood, but sometimes at least the threat of the option is effective.

Last edited:

Dude...

You're right, the school shouldn't have to discipline kids at all, that should be taken care of at home. But it isn't in a VAST majority of cases and so it falls on teachers and administrators I assure you, for the most part, would rather have nothing to do with such. Do you really think there are teachers running around there just hoping to be able to whip some teenage ass? ok I'm sure there are some but that's a failure of the system to get rid of them, a whole nother issue.

In an ideal world, you are correct, children would be well behaved and come to school to learn, in the real world that is not the case, and their bad behavior affects not just them, but every student in the class as well as the teacher.

I have had had parents show up for expulsion hearings before and scream and rant and rave that there child shouldn't be expelled but when you ask them what THEY are willing to do to help control their child's behavior so that they can remain in school they look at you like you are crazy..... There are a lot of shitty parents out there who force schools to act.

PS - As a general rule I don't believe in spanking, my 18 y/o son received one in his entire childhood, but sometimes at least the threat of the option is effective.

This is no different than saying that because people are stupid within the marketplace, we need farther reaching regulations. It's the same premise.

In reality, this is typically the liberal cop out.

The punishment that means the most is when these asshole kids grow up and potentially make nothing out of their lives.

I was one of them. And at 30, I've finally made up for it.

Last edited:
Dude...

This is no different than saying that because people are stupid within the marketplace, we need farther reaching regulations. It's the same premise.

The punishment that means the most is when these asshole kids grow up and potentially make nothing out of their lives.

Wrong, because again, when a child misbehaves in school he doesn't just affect himself, he affects all those around him. If you want your child to grow up with no sense of rules or behavior that is your right, I guess, but you do NOT have the right to allow your child's bad behavior to affect others.

Wrong, because again, when a child misbehaves in school he doesn't just affect himself, he affects all those around him. If you want your child to grow up with no sense of rules or behavior that is your right, I guess, but you do NOT have the right to allow your child's bad behavior to affect others.

This is another cop out.

A misbehaving child should simply be removed from the situation. Problem solved. That's where the suspension comes into play. The child now has a day or a few to contemplate his actions, and the parents to take action of their own.

The child fucks up again, he's kicked out.

But it's not the school's responsibility to be beating good behavior out of kids. Sorry my man, that's fucking jacked up thinking right there.

This is another cop out.

A misbehaving child should simply be removed from the situation. Problem solved. That's where the suspension comes into play. The child now has a day or a few to contemplate his actions, and the parents to take action of their own.

The child fucks up again, he's kicked out.

But it's not the school's responsibility to be beating good behavior out of kids. Sorry my man, that's fucking jacked up thinking right there.

A) kids don't care about being suspended, and neither do their parents in most cases, not the chronically misbehaving kids

B) Expulsion is much more difficult to do than you imagine, AND should be the last , the VERY last resort.

As I said, we had FOUR students paddled last year, it's not as if a student is getting beat every day, good grief.

I'm certain that it the United Snakes of America that these accuasations are completely false. A law suit will be initiated and to save money and poor press the school will pay even though they are completely innocent - it is the American way.

A Negro commander in chief is an oddity too. I picture the Negro dressed in overalls or butler clothing doing what the white man tells him to do. Today in the USA the white man bows to a Negro who lives in a White House - how quaint.

A Negro commander in chief is an oddity too. I picture the Negro dressed in overalls or butler clothing doing what the white man tells him to do. Today in the USA the white man bows to a Negro who lives in a White House - how quaint.

says the guy who bows down to this dude................:cuckoo:

images

The Pope is God's messneger on earth, only he can communicate with God and pass on the information to us mortals. The Pope is infallible.

The Pope is God's messneger on earth, only he can communicate with God and pass on the information to us mortals. The Pope is infallible.

Do you actually believe that?

No man is infallible!

I sure do not need no Pope to deliver information, that is what the Holy Spirit is for.

Gremlin,

Yes I believe that. Our Pope, your Pope, is infallible and communicates directly with God. God has forgiven the Pope for his Nazi past which shows that God will forgive anyone if they seek His forgiveness.

Of course this thread would attract the resident pedophile.

I can't say I'm pro-spanking, but what the hell are mothers thinking when they let their girls tramp up for prom? "That's the way they're wearing them"? What sort of fucking cop out is that? I don't give a shit what "they're" wearing, my daughter will NOT dress like a Las Vegas hooker for any event as long as I have a beating heart.

I have to share a prom dress story...

A while back we had a family that received benefits; a single mom with several kids, high school down to preschool. The mom kind of bounced in and out of jobs; she was a little kooky and not terribly smart, but not a drug addict or anything like that. She was a worker, but would get fired for stupid things like allowing her kids to hang out around the back door of the restaurant where she worked and in the kitchen and stuff like that.

Anyway, she'd lost her job and was applying for cash assistance. One of the things we do with TANF applicants is we track down the money they've had recently and do an accounting of it. We want to know exactly what the client has done with their money. In her case, she had an eviction notice and utility-shut-off notices. We were looking at putting her into Pre-TAnf which is a program that pays bills and expenses instead of paying the client directly for 45 days or so. It can actually end up being more helpful than the TANF itself because we have the option of spending more money than what their grant would be. We use it for clients who are in a hole, and who we think will probably have a job at the end of the 45 days. Then we close them out and they're in decent shape.

Don't ask me the justification for it because I don't know, it costs more money. Maybe it saves money on the other side because with pre-Tanf I don't believe we continue incentive payments after they get their job.

ANYway...so mom comes in, she needs rent money and utility money. She's two months behind on rent, and she was working the previous month so of course we ask "why didn't you pay your rent two months ago? You had money.."

She had spent $350 on a PROM DRESS for her daughter. Who wasn't even a senior, so it wasn't like the only prom she would have an opportunity to attend, or even the most important one.

And because she bought that prom dress, she wasn't able to pay the rent. Brilliant! And then the girl didn't even go to the prom. She put on her prom dress, left for the prom and ended up getting arrested and thrown in the klink for something.

The case manager who had her case made mom try to take that dress back to get a refund, and said "no" to paying the back rent. We paid the most current month's rent and utilities, but not that other month.

That's my prom dress story.

I have to share a prom dress story...

A while back we had a family that received benefits; a single mom with several kids, high school down to preschool. The mom kind of bounced in and out of jobs; she was a little kooky and not terribly smart, but not a drug addict or anything like that. She was a worker, but would get fired for stupid things like allowing her kids to hang out around the back door of the restaurant where she worked and in the kitchen and stuff like that.

Anyway, she'd lost her job and was applying for cash assistance. One of the things we do with TANF applicants is we track down the money they've had recently and do an accounting of it. We want to know exactly what the client has done with their money. In her case, she had an eviction notice and utility-shut-off notices. We were looking at putting her into Pre-TAnf which is a program that pays bills and expenses instead of paying the client directly for 45 days or so. It can actually end up being more helpful than the TANF itself because we have the option of spending more money than what their grant would be. We use it for clients who are in a hole, and who we think will probably have a job at the end of the 45 days. Then we close them out and they're in decent shape.

Don't ask me the justification for it because I don't know, it costs more money. Maybe it saves money on the other side because with pre-Tanf I don't believe we continue incentive payments after they get their job.

ANYway...so mom comes in, she needs rent money and utility money. She's two months behind on rent, and she was working the previous month so of course we ask "why didn't you pay your rent two months ago? You had money.."

She had spent $350 on a PROM DRESS for her daughter. Who wasn't even a senior, so it wasn't like the only prom she would have an opportunity to attend, or even the most important one.

And because she bought that prom dress, she wasn't able to pay the rent. Brilliant! And then the girl didn't even go to the prom. She put on her prom dress, left for the prom and ended up getting arrested and thrown in the klink for something.

The case manager who had her case made mom try to take that dress back to get a refund, and said "no" to paying the back rent. We paid the most current month's rent and utilities, but not that other month.

That's my prom dress story.

that sorta story pisses me off. I stopped to gas this morning and went inside the little store to get something to drink, and as I'm standing in line the family in front of me , parents, and 2 kids, is buying 2 cartons of cigarettes, a case of beer, and assorted junk food and the little boy wandered up with a box of cereal and the dad snapped at him to put that back they didn't have to money for it. Of course they all looked about half starved. People are just so stupid.

I just find it fascinating that they'd let the girls stay if they were wearing dresses that violated the dress code. Then call them up on the carpet days later basically for looking too sexy. Then spank them?

Does anybody else see the irony here?

For a 17 year old girl the prom is a big event. If the dress is truly indecent send her home. If it is just inappropriate let her stay and spank her for it on Monday

Forum List

Back