Al Sharpton’s Rally Attracts....???

But where are the overview pictures for Sharpton? Didn't anybody get any?

Yes, sweetie.

You need to read page 2-3 of the thread....:tongue:

I saw those. They're all close ups, not a broad overview. You can make anything look like a HUGE gathering with close up shots. So do you suppose there won't be any broad overview shots?

But where are the overview pictures for Sharpton? Didn't anybody get any?

Yes, sweetie.

I saw those. They're all close ups, not a broad overview. You can make anything look like a HUGE gathering with close up shots. So do you suppose there won't be any broad overview shots?

You mean from the top of the Washington Monument???!!!

No.

Well, with the millions of black residents in the DC area, the difference between 3000 and "hundreds" becomes insignificant: The fact is that very few blacks gave a shit about 8/28, Beck, or Sharpton.
Were they allowed to celebrate where he ACTUALLY gave the speech? No!
Maybe Beck could have been a little more respectful. And before you say they should of gone to his rally. His rally wasn't about MLK, and how many people there think MLK Day shouldn't be a federal holiday, or that there should be black history month?

So, unless the hundreds of thousands of blacks that inhabit Washington can commemorate the 47th anniversary of MLK's speech, in the exact spot that he gave the speech, then they don't wanna bother.

This seems a tad less than dedicated to the spirit of the occasion, but you could be right.

I am curious, did Al Sharpton hold a rally at the MLK speech site last year? If so what kind of crowd did he have. If he did not hold a rally at that spot last year then one would assume he would not have done it this year had it not been for Beck. I do not remember hearing anything about it last year.

I am curious, did Al Sharpton hold a rally at the MLK speech site last year? If so what kind of crowd did he have. If he did not hold a rally at that spot last year then one would assume he would not have done it this year had it not been for Beck. I do not remember hearing anything about it last year.

That's because it didn't happen. Wouldn't have happened this year either except Glenn decided to hold a Rally and by chance got that day.

Well?

It was after all, August 28th, one of the most important days in Black History, in Washington DC, a city with more than a handful of black inhabitants.

Where's the media coverage??

How many attended?

Certainly this rally is at least as newsworthy as any other......

....or isn't it?

i'll use Occam's Razor here: not that many people care about what Al Sharpton has to say. I don't; he's a race baiter.

He's always come across to me as an MLK wanna-be, same with Jesse Jackson, but neither will ever be anywhere close. I think race relations between blacks and whites have passed the point where a black leader is necessary.

imo :cool:

Well?

It was after all, August 28th, one of the most important days in Black History, in Washington DC, a city with more than a handful of black inhabitants.

How many attended?

....or isn't it?

i'll use Occam's Razor here: not that many people care about what Al Sharpton has to say. I don't; he's a race baiter.

He's always come across to me as an MLK wanna-be, same with Jesse Jackson. I think race relations between blacks and whites have passed the point where a black leader is necessary.

imo :cool:

Agreed:clap2::clap2:

Yes, sweetie.

No.

From the top of anything. Surely there was a rooftop or some vantage point to get a shot of the whole crowd. Anyhow the Washington Times and NBC are now reporting Sharpton's crowd at 'several hundred'.

NBC has estimated Beck's crowd at 300,000 but when that number is cited they are saying that Beck and Palin are estimating it much higher. I haven't heard Beck or Palin do that. I HAVE heard Beck say that there were certainly more than 100,000 and probably several hundred thousand. Just more media focus to diminish Beck and Palin and take the focus off a truly remarkable, amazing even, event.

Meanwhile they'll continue to describe Sharpton's rally in glowing terms. Finishing up the story on Beck's rally, the NYT have this:

Across town, several hundred people, most of them black, packed a football field at Dunbar High School to commemorate Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech.

“We come here because the dream has not been achieved,” said the Rev. Al Sharpton, the civil rights activist. “We’ve had a lot of progress. But we have a long way to go.”

Referring to Mr. Beck’s event, he added, “They want to disgrace this day.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us/politics/29beck.html

And the photo they used suggesting not all that big a deal crowd:

sub-2-beck-1-articleLarge.jpg

But there is also a blurb on Drudge today citing that 88% of employee contributions from CBS,NBC,ABC go to Democrats. I imagine if a similar study is done of NYT, WAPO et al employee contributions, it would look much the same.

Last edited:
Where is Truthmatters?

We need her to sort this all out......:eusa_whistle:

When is

Barb (08-26-2010),
blu (08-26-2010), \
bodecea (08-26-2010),
HUGGY (08-26-2010),
kwc57 (08-27-2010),
Luissa (08-26-2010),
MaggieMae (08-26-2010),
masquerade (08-27-2010),
Middleman (08-26-2010),
Modbert (08-26-2010),
Queen (08-27-2010),
RadiomanATL (08-26-2010),
rightwinger (Yesterday),
Rinata (Today),
Valerie (08-26-2010),
Woyzeck (08-27-2010),
YoungLefty (08-26-2010),
Zona (08-26-2010)

gonna 'splain it?

:confused:

What's Radio doing on that list? I thought he was a conservative.

Was it not estimated that the MLK speech crowd was only 100,000 people?

You mean the original? Or Sharpton's 'commemoration'?

When Dr. King delivered the speech, if I'm remembering correctly, there were well over 200,000 folks there.

Last edited:
Where is Truthmatters?

We need her to sort this all out......:eusa_whistle:

When is

Barb (08-26-2010),
blu (08-26-2010), \
bodecea (08-26-2010),
HUGGY (08-26-2010),
kwc57 (08-27-2010),
Luissa (08-26-2010),
MaggieMae (08-26-2010),
masquerade (08-27-2010),
Middleman (08-26-2010),
Modbert (08-26-2010),
Queen (08-27-2010),
RadiomanATL (08-26-2010),
rightwinger (Yesterday),
Rinata (Today),
Valerie (08-26-2010),
Woyzeck (08-27-2010),
YoungLefty (08-26-2010),
Zona (08-26-2010)

gonna 'splain it?

:confused:

What's Radio doing on that list? I thought he was a conservative.

The list is of those who thanked del for his "Hey, Sarah-fuck off, otay?" Thread.

Last edited:
Ah I didn't get the edit done quickly enough. :)

More than 200K. Somewhere in the back of my head I have a figure of 250,000, but would have to look it up to be certain about that.

Well?

How many attended?

....or isn't it?

The fact of the matter is, MLKs famous speech has been copywrited and is protected by his family who won't let any new-station repeat it without paying a lot of money. Hence, nobody much pays attention to the "I have a dream" speech anymore.

Sharpton can do his rally, but he can't say the speech....therefore the whole rally is pretty much a waste of time.

No.

From the top of anything. Surely there was a rooftop or some vantage point to get a shot of the whole crowd. Anyhow the Washington Times and NBC are now reporting Sharpton's crowd at 'several hundred'.

Is you point that many didn't attend the Sharpton Rally because they wouldn't get their picture taken?

No.

Is you point that many didn't attend the Sharpton Rally because they wouldn't get their picture taken?

I don't know why many didn't attend the Sharpton rally. Maybe Americans are getting tired of the politics of personal destruction and are looking for something real? Maybe they're getting pretty bored with Al who after all is pretty much a broken record. Beck actually got long winded and tedious in his speech, but he had great music lined up and perhaps people were looking for a greater purpose there. I don't know.

In all honesty, I didn't know WHAT to expect at the Restore Honor rally because they told us almost nothing about what to expect. Still hundreds of thousands of people went.

I suppose they DID know what to expect from Al and just weren't up to it that day.

:doubt::doubt:

Was it not possible for your lazy ass to research it, to find it, to post the link, then to attempt to make the fact relevant to the thread?

I actually heard the 100,000 estimate from TV. I did not research it because I did not find a need for an exact number. There are no exact numbers to these large rallies and you can find large differences in the numbers by different sources. The point is I have seen over views of the crowd in MLK's speech and it is considerably less than that of Beck's. I think that would have been evident to most.

:doubt::doubt:

Was it not possible for your lazy ass to research it, to find it, to post the link, then to attempt to make the fact relevant to the thread?

I actually heard the 100,000 estimate from TV. I did not research it because I did not find a need for an exact number. There are no exact numbers to these large rallies and you can find large differences in the numbers by different sources. The point is I have seen over views of the crowd in MLK's speech and it is considerably less than that of Beck's. I think that would have been evident to most.

I critisize people for pulling shit out of their ass.

If I find a link that differs wildly from what you "heard on TV" then you will be discredited.

I'm inviting you to prevent me from doing this, or not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back