Al Sharpton To Be A MSNBC News Anchor

I had always disliked Al Sharpton, mainly because of his involvement in the mendacious Tawana Brawley incident. But I've been watching him on MSNBC for the past week and I must say he's doing a good job.

Problem is the good job he's doing is predicated on his aggressive handling of the Republicans who show up to be interviewed. Once it becomes generally known that he pulls no punches and comes on strong he'll be avoided. And that will be the end for him.

• Banned
Al's learned to hide his racism, like Obama has.

Yanno........when Ed Schultz was on that time slot, I watched him. When Cenk Uyger took over and they shifted Ed to 10? I stopped watching MSNBC at 5 and tuned into local news.

Kinda glad about that, because after the local news, I can watch one of my favorite sci-fi shows, the Outer Limits.

Knowing that Sharpton is gonna take over the slot? Lets me know I don't have to miss Outer Limits, or local news.

Sharpton sucks ass.

Geez, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with a racist thug like that. But Ed Schultz makes anyone look not so bad.

Liberal, Obama Propagandist meets the Propaganda Arm of the Obama Administration. It's the perfect fit!

No I won't be watching it. The last time I watched MSNBC was when they had Dennis Miller on. I loved it but it was prolly the lowest rated show in MSNBC history! :lol:

Interesting paragraph:

Mr. Uygur, who by most accounts was well liked within MSNBC, said in an interview that he turned down the new contract because he felt Mr. Griffin had been the recipient of political pressure. In April, he said, Mr. Griffin “called me into his office and said that he’d been talking to people in Washington, and that they did not like my tone.” He said he guessed Mr. Griffin was referring to White House officials, though he had no evidence for the assertion. He also said that Mr. Griffin said the channel was part of the “establishment,” and “that you need to act like it.”

anonymity because the contract had not been signed, is significant in part because MSNBC and other news channels have been criticized for a paucity of minority hosts in prominent time slots. Mr. Sharpton

affirmative action

Cenk Uygur was critical of the whitehouse and the ideologues on the right, I liked the open sound off commentary at the end of show, but MSM is corporate owned and operated and Uygur was honest in his commentary on all topics, and honesty is not a business practice. Cenk did what wingnuts say more liberal people do not do, he criticized Obama's kowtowing to big money and republican ideologues. When the majority with all the money want you gone, corporations and their lackeys have no choice. Anyone who works in corporate America knows this.

While I watch so called news sporadically, the Reverend has been pretty good so far.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7o0sNrulg&feature=player_profilepage]‪Cenk Leaves MSNBC (Inside Story)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sunday does need some waking up.

Rev Wright screaming "God damn America" should brighten things up.

After his grandstanding Tawana Brawley fiasco, I would never watch him. No matter how much you clean him up

Forum List

Back