Al Sharpton: I'm black, I can't be racist

How is it reasonable for someone to have disdain towards an innocent person for someone elses actions?

Because the disdain isn't just for that. It's for current actions and beliefs held by you and others here.
Like what? What beliefs do i have that make my whole race look bad?

You are a racist, do you not understand what that means and how it makes your race look bad?
Isnt judging an entire race over one person, racist? In the least, its ignorant as shit.
And i do not think blacks are inferior. You do though ;)

Whos judging? No I don't think any such thing, that's just your racist opinion because we accurately state that white racism remains a problem.

How is it reasonable for someone to have disdain towards an innocent person for someone elses actions?

Because the disdain isn't just for that. It's for current actions and beliefs held by you and others here.

You are a racist, do you not understand what that means and how it makes your race look bad?
Isnt judging an entire race over one person, racist? In the least, its ignorant as shit.

Whos judging? No I don't think any such thing, that's just your racist opinion because we accurately state that white racism remains a problem.
You really are stupid, man. Im not even joking.

There is no helping the ignorant. He has every chance to educate himself but refuses.

He has a Black Power avatar and insists he isn’t racist. That’s as bad as someone with a white hood avatar claiming they aren’t racist.

I have quite a few white friends and I'm not going to lie and say they all agree with me like some here have. Blacks don't agree with Dave P, they pacify him and just don't waste time talking about serious issues that blacks deal with. I have some white friends I don't discuss serious issues with and when they start talking I'll just agree so that discussion can end because by the second sentence they've said something worthy of getting their teeth knocked out. So you avoid jail time and just nod your head. I generally save myself for when I have to advocate because that's the time to do so. But since this is the race and racism section.....

But as you guys gang up on Essen you need to understand that reading he crap posed here by whites can male a back person hate white people. None of what you say is true. And how many times are we going to discuss how blacks are racists according to racist whites? When do you guys understand that every time you start this shit we have asked you a question none of you haver answered. When have blacks enacted law and policy purposefully done to deny whites pf opportunity? That's what we are talking about when we talk about racism.

You want to create false equivalences saying blacks are as racist as whites but making claims like a black person who tells a white person how much they don't like whites is the same as a white person refusing jobs to blacks. While both these may be racist, the extent to which whites go o express their racism is much greater so to say blacks and whites are equally racist is just untrue and its simply time whites here face that.

If reading this message board is enough to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism. ;)

Hell, if reading something like stormfront were to make you hate an entire race of people, you were already leaning toward racism.

You seem to be talking about systemic racism. That's fine, but when you only say 'racism' you should realize that many are going to be using the common definition of that word.

I don't know how one measures the degree of racism of entire races of people, even just those within the US. Are blacks or whites more or less racist than the other? How does one determine such a thing? Why are we limiting the question to 2 races of people? Why ask the question in the first place, unless it is to attempt to portray one group as better or worse than the other?

No montrovant. Because I am aware that nit every the person is like you guys. Everybody here knows what we are talking about. All these people are fully aware of past and present history, And you knw full well the difference in degree between a black person saying they hate whites and a white person saying I'll never hire a black person. Americas continuing history shows that whites have been far more racist than anyone else. That question does not need to be asked. And this not abut me trying to say blacks are better.

It seems to be a constant in conservative forums that such discussions are held . Whites in conservative forums want to call us racists for our reactions to racism from whites we keep seeing in places like this.. And it's like you guys want everyone to pretend that history hasn't happened and we are to believe history stops. The whites here all know what has happened and what continues on, so for any of you to call blacks racist for being angry at getting mistreated now an in the past is evidence of a mental break with reality.

We read the posts here and we see the same racist attitudes whites have held for over 200 years. These are actual living humans in the year 2018. Real people who live in the American population RIGHT NOW. They work in all occupations and yet they swear up and down how the racism we point out is in the past. And this kind of shit is why a black person after dealing with whites here could end up hating whites.

It's funny that you say you know not everyone is the same in the same sentence you describe me as "you guys." :lol:

Everybody here knows what you are talking about? I am assuming that is in relation to the use of the word racism to mean systemic racism. First, I think you give yourself too much credit if you think any poster who responds to you knows that when you say racism, you mean systemic racism. That would require any poster who responds to you to both have seen you make such a statement (that racism means systemic racism) and have cared enough about your post to remember it when they respond. Second, no one is required to operate under your personal definition of a word.

Of course there is a difference between "a black person saying they hate whites and a white person saying I'll never hire a black person." So what? I never indicated otherwise. I don't think it indicates a difference in degree of racism between the two individuals. It indicates very little other than racism on the part of those two individuals, actually. What you seem to want to point out is a difference in ability to affect other people because of racism.

America's history shows whites have had far more power to affect societal rules based on racism. Yes, virtually all of the systemic racism in the country has favored whites. Under your personal definition of racism, that may mean whites are more racist. Your personal definition of racism does not apply to everyone, however. For anyone who views racism as a person believing one or more races to be inferior to another, which race has the power to enforce systemic racism does not necessarily mean that race is the more racist.

Unless you are saying racism is not a negative trait, then at least in this context, yes, you are saying blacks are better than whites. If racism is negative, and whites are more racist than blacks, then whites are worse than blacks, as far as racism goes at least. Again, however, this goes to you using systemic racism as the definition of racism.

Is USMB a conservative forum? I've seen plenty of liberals and people of other political persuasions here.

Back to "you guys." Who are the you guys you keep talking about? I thought you were replying to me.

Anyone who says blacks are racist for being angry is wrong. However, when you do things like repeatedly mention how "dumb whites" think or do certain things; when you describe whites as more racist; if you make statements that seem racist, then the person calling you racist may honestly believe that you are, not that you are just angry.

Of course there are still racist whites. Racism isn't going away any time soon. Nor is it limited to whites.

Anyone who claims racism is a thing of the past is an idiot.

Again, if reading posts on this forum leads you to hating an entire race of people, you were already headed that way. No, reading some racist outliers spew venom is not a valid reason. Being willing to lump entire races together based on a small sample size, some bad experiences with a few members of a race, is what allows racism to continue to flourish.

If you're comfortable judging people based on the color of their skin, though...

Nobody is doing that today and we weren't here when those horrific things happened. You and IM2 constantly make negative comments about whites globally, as if we are one, you dislike whites and stereotype them by their skin color, that is racist[/QUOTE]

If whites want blacks to stop having so much disdain towards them for UNDERSTANDABLE reasons, then whites have to stop having disdain towards blacks for ILLOGICAL reasons.

TNHarley could be the most racist person to ever live, how would that make his race look bad, unless you judge a race of people based on the example of one?

A black guy who spits on a white guy because he's white is not a false equivalence to a white guy refusing a job to a black man because he's black.

Yes it us. The black guy got fired and you kept your job while the white guy refusing a job to a black person denies them of a job.

WTF??? Talk about false equivalences. What does his being fired have to do with anything? He was fired for spitting on a coworker as he should have been. The reason he spit on his coworker is the point and that was because that person was white. In both cases, race is/was a determining factor so again, it is not a false equivalence.

First, let's answer your question: Blacks have never enacted laws or policy to purposefully deny whites of opportunity. Now that we have that out of the way, there are no more laws or policies to deny blacks of opportunity. In fact, we now have a number of laws and policies such as the Civil Rights Act, Equality Act and Affirmative Action that specifically grant them equal rights and equal protection under the law and provide for legal penalties for violating them.

The fact that blacks haven't done that proves blacks are not as racist as whites.

I would only go as far as to say that blacks are largely not guilty of that type of discrimination. But that's where the distinction ends. Human nature dictates that anyone, regardless of skin color, is capable of any kind of evil. Remember Rwanda?

I'm not going argue with you about the rest, because its based on your imagination and wishes.

The Civil Rights Act, Equality Act and Affirmative Action granting equal rights and equal protection under the law for blacks and provisions for legal penalties for violating them are based on my imagination and wishes? Other than the remarks you responded to, this was the only other thing I said. Are you telling me these things aren't true? If this was not what you were referring to then what are you talking about?

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Here's how it goes " Hi my name is Paul and I'm a racist". then you do the 12 steps. eventually you will get better. You have already told us how your father lead you to this. Its up to you to get better.
You say I'm racist but
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make fun of how white people talk or dress or look ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make fun of the names white people give their children ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which tries to prove that white people are less intelligent than black people ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which hold up the poorest and most criminal elements of white society as “what white people are like” ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which excuse violence against them saying that whites kill each other all the time ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make racist jokes about whites ?.
No matter what some black people may think of whites. The fact is
  • You still get the job.
  • You still get the loan.
  • You still get the house.
  • You still can go anywhere in the World and set up shop and no would have a problem.
  • Women love white men the world over.
  • You have the most pro-white president.
  • You make sure you live as far away from blk people as possible (Like most whites).
  • You make sure there are hardly any black people in your place of work.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Here's how it goes " Hi my name is Paul and I'm a racist". then you do the 12 steps. eventually you will get better. You have already told us how your father lead you to this. Its up to you to get better.
You say I'm racist but
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make fun of how white people talk or dress or look ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make fun of the names white people give their children ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which tries to prove that white people are less intelligent than black people ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which hold up the poorest and most criminal elements of white society as “what white people are like” ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which excuse violence against them saying that whites kill each other all the time ?
  • Do you see any posts of mine which make racist jokes about whites ?
I haven't done any of these things towards blacks myself but you guys say I'm a racist anyway.

Yes I do. For you to make an assumption like that shows your ignorance.
3 Questions I ask whites who say they have black friends
  1. Can you name your black friends ? (First and Last names)
  2. Could you tell me where they grew up ?
  3. Could you dial them on your phone and let them speak to them ?
I don;t think I've ever met a white person who says they have black friends and said yes to all three.

They usually fail at the first question, but they ALWAYS fail at the last question and it's always something about "how they don't there black friend's number"

Unlike their white friends, whose numbers are right there in their phone, ready to be called up.

But I say "OK. I'll cut them slack" and I ask for an e-mail. Nope they don't have that either.

Why ? Because your lying. White people don't have black friends. Not real ones. Do you go over to your black friends house ? Do you invite there kids over ? Do you drop your kids off at there place ?

Yeah...you getting the picture now fool ?

We all know people...but a friend is something else and none of ur real friends are black

Tell me when I'm lying ?

Do you have any white friends?
There is no such thing as friends between white and black people in a system of white supremacy

When you see white and black or even white and non whites interact.

What do you see ?

TACKINESS

It's fking 100% tacky the way whites and blacks interact. Seriously you put 10 white and 10 black people in a room and ask them to interact all you will see is tackiness/

Why ? Because the economic relationship between whites and blacks is tacky, the criminal justice system relationship between whites and blacks is tacky, the employment relationship is tacky, the health relationship is tacky...everything is tacky, tacky, tacky

But you think with all that fked up, tacky, fake, fking, bullshit, the fake bullshit smiles, the faking that whites and blacks do to get along with each other is COMICAL.

You didn't answer the question: Do you have any white friends?
No. I dont have any white friends.

One more time. Do you know any blacks with white friends?

If you refuse to answer then I can only conclude that you're afraid of critical scrutiny of your logic and that your ideas on the matter come from a place of fear, anger and resentment.

Forum List

Back