Al-Queda Video Shows Police Execution

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
fuck these bastards, we should videotape our troops executing al-queda and other insurgents out in the street

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050102/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Al-Qaida Video Shows Police Execution

By DUSAN STOJANOVIC, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Al-Qaida's arm in Iraq (news - web sites) released a video Saturday showing its militants lining up five captured Iraqi security officers and executing them in the street, the latest move in a campaign to intimidate Iraqis and target those who collaborate with U.S.-led forces.

Also Saturday, a U.S. soldier belonging to the Task Force Baghdad was killed and another was wounded in a roadside explosion north of the capital, the military said. No other details were given.

In a surprise visit to northern Iraq, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage met Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani to discuss this month's crucial elections, Kurdish officials said.

Ethnic Kurds, who make up about 20 percent of Iraq's 26 million people, are eager to take part in the Jan. 30 vote for a national assembly so that they can play a large role in the drafting of a new constitution and carve out broad autonomy in the future Iraq. The United States has sought a unified Iraq and does not want the Kurds pushing for independence — something that Iraq's neighbor Turkey, with a large Kurdish population of its own — would reject.

A statement posted on an Islamist Web site along with the video denounced the five security officers as "American dogs" and warns other Iraqis they would meet the same fate if they join the security forces. In the video, the five men are seen lined up, their hands bound behind their backs, and shot in the back on a street in front of passers-by.

Insurgents have carried out a string of attacks focusing on Iraqi armed forces in recent weeks, aiming to wreck security ahead of the elections.

Guerrillas have proven increasingly adept at managing the Internet as part of their propaganda campaign against the United States and its ally, the government of Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, posting technically proficient footage of attacks on convoys and military bases, as well as executions of members of the Iraqi security forces or government officials.

The U.S. military and the interim government in Baghdad want the Iraqi police and National Guards to provide security for the election, and mass desertions from those forces could scuttle such plans.

The video and statement — issued by al-Qaida in Iraq, the group led by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi — did not say where the executions took place, but separate photos of the executions indicated they occurred in the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi, west of Baghdad, on Dec. 26.

In the footage, one of the prisoners identified himself as Lt. Bashar Latif Jassim and said his mission was to "prevent terrorists from entering Iraq."

When asked by one his captors — who did not appear on camera — who the terrorists are, Jassim said: "Those who sabotage the country."

The five prisoners, wearing civilian clothes, were shown sitting on the ground with five masked gunmen behind them, one reading a statement. A banner emblazoned "al-Qaida in Iraq" hung in the background.

"Here is another bunch of apostates in the land of Iraq, another group of the doomed soldiers who came to the blessed jihad land of Ramadi to support the apostate Allawi government and help the unjust American enemy," said the man reading the statement.

"As usual, jihadists have no mercy when it comes to such infidel souls," he said.

The video then showed the execution. After the men fell to the ground, the gunmen kicked them to see who was still alive, then pumped more bullets into the bodies.

People and cars are visible in the video, passing by during the shooting, and some even stop to watch. One of the masked shooters left a paper, apparently a statement, on the back of one of the bodies.

In a separate statement posted on the Web on Saturday, al-Zarqawi's group also claimed responsibility for a number of attacks targeting security forces around Iraq earlier in the week. In one of the bloodiest days in recent months, militants killed some 20 policemen on Tuesday in attacks in various Iraqi provinces.

The group also said it was behind an attack on American post in Samarra the same day. The U.S. military had said three militants were killed in that operation, but al-Qaida claimed that two were only injured. The statement said al-Qaida in Iraq was behind the attacks, which it said were part of a larger operation called "Killing the Mercenary Dogs."

In the southern province of Najaf, security forces captured 11 people who had allegedly crossed illegally crossing into the country from Saudi Arabia, police Lt. Bahaa al-Jazaeri said. The men, three of whom were Saudi citizens, were carrying explosives and advanced telecommunications equipment, he said.

Meanwhile in Baqouba, 30 miles northeast of Baghdad, gunmen killed the head of the city council, Nawfal Abdul-Hussein al-Shammari, said Abdullah al-Jbouri, governor of Diyala province, of which Baqoubah is the capital.

Elsewhere, a roadside bomb struck an Iraqi National Guards patrol south of Mahmoudiya, a town about 25 miles south of Baghdad, killing a guardsman and wounding six others.

In Baghdad's western neighborhood of Adl, police found two beheaded bodies on a main street Saturday, witnesses said. Police said they couldn't identify the victims.

We are enraged by these merciless murderers. But it would be an even greater nightmare to execute them in the streets. With great effort and all the resources needed, we should relentlessly hunt every one of them down, no matter how long it takes. This must include the Wahabbi criminals in Saudi Arabia who fund the Iraqi murder squads. Give each a fair trial. Then execute the convicted.

---

Doc Holiday said:
I say we catch them, boil them in pig guts, and bury them in pigskin blankets.

Actually the problem with that is that while they ( many Muslims) CLAIM to be offended by pork and the products this animal produces, I see many of them eating yummy bacon all the time! This group of individuals are the biggest hypocrites and liars I have ever seen.

I say good old fashioned torture, very slow and very deliberate, hurts more than any Quran ideology of the moment.

Patriot said:
Actually the problem with that is that while they ( many Muslims) CLAIM to be offended by pork and the products this animal produces, I see many of them eating yummy bacon all the time! This group of individuals are the biggest hypocrites and liars I have ever seen.

I say good old fashioned torture, very slow and very deliberate, hurts more than any Quran ideology of the moment.
What inadequate and stupid comments. Going around torturing people for the sake of it, or because they are guilty of atrocious crimes themselves. Dealing with criminals and terrorists with torture isn't the way to go. Aren't you suppose to be a religious nation...what does religion say about torture or any form or retaliation? You've got an identity crisis I think. Obviously getting these people arrested and trialed is a priority but saying stupid things like "good old fashioned torture, very slow and very deliberate" is plain dumb and shows what kind of person you are. Go and play DOOM or another brutal game to calm yourself down if you need to.
As for religion don't go around criticizing their religion as you surely wouldn't stand for them doing so. The muslims you've seen eating pork probably aren't true muslims, they've probably been americanized and don't follow the Coran as they should. Then again what true religious person has ever followed to the letter what they are suppose to do and not do. Look at yourself before criticizing others, even if you are involved in a war against them, I do understand that but watch the things you say, they don't give a positive image of who you are.

You see the great thing about America is that we are FREE to worship whatever religion we want to. If that means that some people want to be hypocrits or not worship a particular religion they are not forced to do so. Therefore one persons opinion does not neccessarily reflect every person's opinion as it does in many other nations around the world where they are taught to think like lemmings and follow the leader.

As for these muslims and the Quran, in their minds the word of the Quran is telling them that all infidels must be either converted or destroyed. The scrpiture of the Quran even says this. They simply use a literal interpretation of that to mean murder all non-believers. Does that mean that they are following their religion and therefore a truley good people?

Any muslim that isnt offended by these sorry excuses for human beings using their religion as a means to mass murder people is themselves a sorry human being.

Patriot said:

I've got quite a few Muslim friends here in the USA and actually, the ones I know won't eat pork, but they will go out and party like there is no tomorrow!

Al-Qaidas seem to be the most heartless and merciless group I've ever seen. I hate having a defeatest attitude, but man those dudes are so many and infiltrate so much over there, I'm thinking we'll never stop them. Well unless we drop the big bomb and that idea has a lot of good reasons not to.

The big question of the day is: how the hell can we accomplish giving those people liberty when Al-Qaida's men kill everyone that works in law enforcement and government people get picked off every day? It's like we're banging our head against a brick wall, but there's no turning back now.

j07950 said:
What inadequate and stupid comments. Going around torturing people for the sake of it, or because they are guilty of atrocious crimes themselves. Dealing with criminals and terrorists with torture isn't the way to go. Aren't you suppose to be a religious nation...what does religion say about torture or any form or retaliation? You've got an identity crisis I think. Obviously getting these people arrested and trialed is a priority but saying stupid things like "good old fashioned torture, very slow and very deliberate" is plain dumb and shows what kind of person you are. Go and play DOOM or another brutal game to calm yourself down if you need to.
As for religion don't go around criticizing their religion as you surely wouldn't stand for them doing so. The muslims you've seen eating pork probably aren't true muslims, they've probably been americanized and don't follow the Coran as they should. Then again what true religious person has ever followed to the letter what they are suppose to do and not do. Look at yourself before criticizing others, even if you are involved in a war against them, I do understand that but watch the things you say, they don't give a positive image of who you are.

I dont buy your line. If someone was sticking a hot poker up your ass I do believe you couldnt wait to get out of that situation and do the same or something just as atrocious to someone so vile. In fact maybe you are just too naive to understand that torture is the ONLY language that evil speaks. I am so sorry for you.

Those who demand that we treat captured terrorists with kid gloves have either intentionally or due to ignorance overlooked the unfortunate fact that the "Western" style of "not wanting to lower ourselves to their level" has hurt us more than we care to recognize in the wars in Iraq and Afganistan.

We are dealing with an extremist sect of a religion that does not value kindness, compassion, or taking the "high road." For most of the people who are now thinking of becoming suicide bombers, or for those who are beheading Iraqi Aid workers, life has been unbeliveably difficult and painful (I'm not excusing their behavior...keep reading), they have seen horrible things, lived a life most of us can not possibley imagine...and they have found some sense of purpose in this extreme form of their religion. They do not value life (as evidenced by their penchant for blowing themselves and any innocent nearby civilians that they claim to be fighting for up)...they value surviving longer than their enemy...

Evidence?

At the end of the first Gulf War Saddam Hussein proclaimed himself the victor. He freely admitted that his army had been decimated, that he had been driven out of Kuwait, that the US forces had been strong...So why then, did he say he was victorious?? Because he was still there. Because the "King" of his enemy (Bush the Father, as Saddam liked to call him) had stopped short of getting him out of Baghdad.

It didn't matter that the US had "chosen" not to get him. Saddam had remained...and that was all that mattered...the people of Iraq, the terrrorists we are now dealing with...saw this as a victory over the US...and it emboldened them.

Throughout the prolonged and violent battles with Al-Sadr and his fighters we avoided at great costs hitting any of the mosques that the insurgents hid in. We knew that Al-Sadr himself organized and directed attacks from these religious buildings, thereby violating the Geneva Convention and effectively nullifying and obligation we had to avoid targeting those buildings...but we continued to do so...out of respect for the local peoples love for their mosque. Even with this self-imposed restriction...we came close to completely decimating Al-Sadr and his forces several times...and each time the end seemed inevitable, Al-Sadr would emerge to talk about "making peace."

Many "Westerners" saw it as a victory, peace talks with the leader of the enemy. The insurgents however, saw it as Al-Sadr, once again, rising from certain death and defeating the Great American Army by making them stop fighting....and it emboldened them.

The enemy we are fighting does not see attempts to take the higher ground as stronger, or as a viable way to win...they see it as a valuable weakness...easy to exploit. And so far, they have been absolutely right.

We will not win against this enemy by capturing them and saying "pretty please tell me where the other bad guys are....please please please." We are going to win this fight by making sure that the bad guys are so damn terrified of getting caught that they will not join in the first place (together with making the nations they live in strong economically and strong governmentally so that they have viable options aside from the ones they have today...hence pushing for democratic elections, strong leaders...etc.).

We need to fully understand that we are no longer fighting WWII style battles. The enemy we are fighting is different, the war we are fighting is different. We too, must be different, and fight differently, if we are to win.

Obviously Terrorists shouldn't be handled with silk gloves...no one is saying to but you want to do the same things to them that you have denounced them of doing to you. Find alternative ways of getting your information and stuff. Torturing prisonners is an international crime...how can you be legitimate by torturing people?

j07950 said:
Obviously Terrorists shouldn't be handled with silk gloves...no one is saying to but you want to do the same things to them that you have denounced them of doing to you. Find alternative ways of getting your information and stuff. Torturing prisonners is an international crime...how can you be legitimate by torturing people?

Since when has the Geneva Convention ever stopped the terrorists from doing what they do best? In fact pretty much no one observes this rule of law but America. Hence the reason so many countries SCREAM for it so they can get whatever they want from America.

Patriot said:
Since when has the Geneva Convention ever stopped the terrorists from doing what they do best? In fact pretty much no one observes this rule of law but America. Hence the reason so many countries SCREAM for it so they can get whatever they want from America.
What are you talking about?
That's what I'm saying...if you want to stay in your own right then don't do what the terrorists do...torture is condemned by the Geneva Convention, terrorists are called terrorists because they don't follow these laws, does that not make sense? No one like you said observes this rule of law, even the US (Guantanamo? but thats not the topic...). Just because terrorists do awful things don't give you the right to openly do the same. Wouldn't that make you their equal?

The problem with the Geneva Convention is that it was created to apply to wars that no longer exist. And therefore, using it letter by letter without considering how we should be updating it so that it can remain current and useful is pointless and most importantly, dangerous.

Would you want a doctor doing a knee-replacement surgery on you using only medical technology and tools from the WWII period? How about laser-eye surgery...done only with WWII age technology??? Will you be the first in line to volunteer for that???

We can not send our military into battle with WWII era rules and regulations for combat and dealing with the enemy and not expect huge and dangerous problems when they face an entirely different type of war and a hugely different enemy.

Do you really think that everything in the Geneva Convention should be applied today?

Shall we give all of the terrorists we capture a stipend of Swiss money that they can spend in the cantine we must set up for them, jo7950? Shall we make sure to provide an exercise yard and equiptment for them to play organized games with their fellow captured terrorists?

Would you really stand here and say that making someone sit in an uncomfortable position...making them stay awake for a few days...putting them in solitary confinement so that they can not communicate with their fellow terrorists....is too great a torture to prevent a terrorist attack?!!?

We can monitor and place regulations upon what interrogation tactics we will use and which tactics we will not. In fact, it is what we ARE doing...hence why the US Pentagon knew about and was investigating Abu Ghraib months before the "big story" broke. Its why the CIA asked for clarification on what torture was (what is getting Alberto Gonzales in so much trouble right now).

They didn't want permission to beat up and burn terrorists and them drag them through the streets while people laughed and kicked and spat on their corpses and then hang them from bridges. No, our guys wanted to know what they were allowed to do and what was too much. They wanted to know what the LAW allowed...what was too far...and they wanted to make sure that they didn't break the law.

We need to give our troops a clear understanding of what they can and can not do...and then we need to monitor closely to make sure that that is what is taking place.

But we also need to make DAMN sure that we fully recognize who and what we are dealing with...and place enough power in their hands to get the information that would keep people safe.

These people are willing to blow themselves up in order to kill a couple of low level soldiers...do you honestly think that they are simply going to give up information when we ask them nicely?

I see the need for a combination of tactics. Treat the prisoners humanely and get whatever information from them that you can using approved methods of interrogation. But...whenever the terrorists behead a defenseless prisoner or set off a car bomb, we take one of their comrades, hang them upside-down by their ankles, and slowly lower them into a pen with several starving hogs. Film the whole thing, and have it broadcast on Al-Jazeera with the following statement: "All future attacks on innocent civilians or killing of prisoners will result in another of your buddies spending eternity as little piles of pig manure."

It's time to get back to walking softly but carrying a BIG stick.

Gem said:
The problem with the Geneva Convention is that it was created to apply to wars that no longer exist. And therefore, using it letter by letter without considering how we should be updating it so that it can remain current and useful is pointless and most importantly, dangerous.

Historically, a huge problem with the conventions has been the fact that quite often the opposition doesn't give a hoot in hell about adhering to them. So we handicap ourselves by wasting time and resources and compromising our intelligence gathering by treating with kid gloves those captured combatants who care nothing about adhering to the conventions.

Perhaps the biggest revision which needs to be made to the conventions is to place a limit on compliance requirements. Once atrocities are committed such as the beheadings and the mutilation of bodies, then adherence to the conventions by the offended party is no longer necessary.

It is patently ridiculous to expect our troops to play patty-cake with terrorists who booby trap bodies, fly false surrender flags, or play dead and then shoot our guys in the back.

onedomino said:
We are enraged by these merciless murderers. But it would be an even greater nightmare to execute them in the streets. With great effort and all the resources needed, we should relentlessly hunt every one of them down, no matter how long it takes. This must include the Wahabbi criminals in Saudi Arabia who fund the Iraqi murder squads. Give each a fair trial. Then execute the convicted.

---

What are you talking about? Executing people in the street is perfectly OK if its for a good cause. And the U.S> is a good cause. We need to capture these terrorists, torture them to get as much information out of them as possible, publicly execute them like the dogs they are, and then bill their families for the expense of disposing of their bodies. :salute:

Merlin1047 said:
Historically, a huge problem with the conventions has been the fact that quite often the opposition doesn't give a hoot in hell about adhering to them. So we handicap ourselves by wasting time and resources and compromising our intelligence gathering by treating with kid gloves those captured combatants who care nothing about adhering to the conventions.

Perhaps the biggest revision which needs to be made to the conventions is to place a limit on compliance requirements. Once atrocities are committed such as the beheadings and the mutilation of bodies, then adherence to the conventions by the offended party is no longer necessary.

It is patently ridiculous to expect our troops to play patty-cake with terrorists who booby trap bodies, fly false surrender flags, or play dead and then shoot our guys in the back.

That's a good idea. THe convention should be amended to say that when one side commits an atrocitiy, the other side is allowed to .

It's also patently ridiculous to think you can wage war on people without hurting them.

FollowerOfKeeb said:
That's a good idea. THe convention should be amended to say that when one side commits an atrocitiy, the other side is allowed to .

It's also patently ridiculous to think you can wage war on people without hurting them.

The Geneva Convention does allow you to violate any parts of it your enemy has violated. That was put in to make sure that if nuclear weapons were used illegally, the other nations could return in kind.

Forum List

Back