Al Queda via Mexico?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
A Texas Congressman weighs in, supposedly more will be forthcoming Tuesday. 100% certainty of an attack by election? Hmmm, where will be the FBI and police? I will remain skeptical on this, though I'll say my brother was saying that the FBI is very concerned about Mexico and his position puts him in regular contact regarding this type of thing:

http://www.tolstoy.com/lonewacko/blog/archives/cat_immigration.html

Clearly, it's racism on the part of Americans to be concerned about immigrants from Mexico. They seek only to better themselves. They do the jobs nobody else wants to do. The racist right wing that is currently speaking up about immigration from Mexico --- whether it be Mexicans or Al Quadans --- should be shut down for the nativist bigots they are. Immigration makes us all better. All peoples of the world are invited to the U.S. George W. Bush says it's the new thing. We should all get used to it. Diversity is our greatest strength.

William Joyce said:
Clearly, it's racism on the part of Americans to be concerned about immigrants from Mexico. They seek only to better themselves. They do the jobs nobody else wants to do. The racist right wing that is currently speaking up about immigration from Mexico --- whether it be Mexicans or Al Quadans --- should be shut down for the nativist bigots they are. Immigration makes us all better. All peoples of the world are invited to the U.S. George W. Bush says it's the new thing. We should all get used to it. Diversity is our greatest strength.

JIMNYC!!!! Alleluia! WJ has seen the light! :wine: We need to give him some sort of Award!

How's this William! :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

My cynical side interpreted it as sarcasm. But maybe you're right Kathianne. ;)

nbdysfu said:
My cynical side interpreted it as sarcasm. But maybe you're right Kathianne. ;)

No nbdysfu, I believe you're on the same page, just thought it would be fun to misinterpret. He didn't wait 2 minutes before reverting on another post! :) But one can hope for the future, cause he knows the words! :rolleyes:

How could I not? I read the papers every day.

But seriously, folks.

From the story K posted:

Al Qaeda-related terrorists are coming to the U.S. over the Mexican border disguised as Mexicans, Congressman John Culberson (R-TX) has disclosed. The terrorists are adopting Hispanic names and blending in with the hundreds or thousands of illegal aliens who enter the U.S. via Mexico each day.

If the good Congressman is right -- and I have no reason to believe otherwise -- how can we possibly continue to celebrate open borders? They're quite literally a threat to national security. No sarcasm intended.

Seriously William, many of us are with you on the illegal immigration and closing of that walk across border. It doesn't mean we agree with the superiority of whites or inferiority of all others. You can be one without the other.

Kathianne said:
A Texas Congressman weighs in, supposedly more will be forthcoming Tuesday. 100% certainty of an attack by election? Hmmm, where will be the FBI and police? I will remain skeptical on this, though I'll say my brother was saying that the FBI is very concerned about Mexico and his position puts him in regular contact regarding this type of thing:

http://www.tolstoy.com/lonewacko/blog/archives/cat_immigration.html

I doubt this report by a "Lonewacko" is going to get much attention.

ScreamingEagle said:
I doubt this report by a "Lonewacko" is going to get much attention.

Found it via another. Oftentimes the blogs are 10 days or more ahead of the 'regular media.'

I totally agree that it would be easy for these terrorist to make it over the border. Anyone that pays any attention to the news knows that is a weak spot. I would hope that this is an area that has been watched for a while. I feel that we should have a lot of military on the border for this reason. I don't know where V.Fox gets some of his ideas. If they think some part of the U.S. is theirs(which I have heard before) let's see them come and get it!! Although I do believe that some Mexicans truly want a better life,and that is why they cross the border. I also believe it is a big mistake for the Mexican border to be open as it is. We need to worry about the safety of the U.S. first. After all,we can't fight everyone's wars for them if something happens to us.

When is the government going to really get serious?

MICHELLE MALKIN

Remember that Pakistani fellow who allegedly took videotapes of skyscrapers, a Texas dam, and various public transportation systems? The news reports note that Shaikh is being detained for immigration violations, but I'm not sure any major news outlet mentioned that Shaikh says he entered the U.S. illegally by way of the Mexican border. The following is his affadavit:

SMOKING GUN

Kathianne said:
When is the government going to really get serious?

MICHELLE MALKIN

Remember that Pakistani fellow who allegedly took videotapes of skyscrapers, a Texas dam, and various public transportation systems? The news reports note that Shaikh is being detained for immigration violations, but I'm not sure any major news outlet mentioned that Shaikh says he entered the U.S. illegally by way of the Mexican border. The following is his affadavit:

SMOKING GUN

The Austin American Statesman (only paper in austin---lib rag) isn't even making a big deal about it. If Mansfield damn blows, most of Austin would be gone INCLUDING the Austin American Statesman building which sits right on the river!

dilloduck said:
The Austin American Statesman (only paper in austin---lib rag) isn't even making a big deal about it. If Mansfield damn blows, most of Austin would be gone INCLUDING the Austin American Statesman building which sits right on the river!

Well the idea that we shouldn't 'profile' at points of entry is ridiculous. The Mexican border is a sieve, not only for the 'poor trying to better themselves' but also it appears for those that truly wish to harm the country. The main purpose of any government is to protect the citizens, when that is abdicated, so is the reason for its existance.

when it comes to terrorism and vehicles to deliver it within the conus, our imaginations can run wild and should. rather than spending hundreds of billions of dollars in iraq, we should divert some of that money to fortifying the us!

What the heck is going on in the US? Again, the Telegraph is printing what we should have been reading weeks ago, widely in the US papers. This has been widely reported by blogs, but nary a peep from the Mainstream:

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/n...5.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/08/15/ixportal.html

Arab terrorists 'are getting into the US over Mexican border'
By Julian Coman in Washington
(Filed: 15/08/2004)

President Bush has launched a drive to halt illegal immigration across America's porous southern border, amid growing fears that terrorists may be using Mexico as a base camp before heading to Arizona, Texas and California.

A string of alarming incidents has convinced Bush administration officials that lax immigration rules, designed to cope with the huge numbers of illegal entrants from Mexico, have become a significant loophole in the war on terror.

Over the past month, border agents from Arizona and Texas have anonymously reported recent encounters with dozens of Arab men, who have made their way across the 2,000-mile Mexican border.

Patrol agents told one Arizona newspaper that 77 males "of Middle Eastern descent" were apprehended in June in two separate incidents. All were trekking through the Chiricahua mountains and are believed to have been part of a larger group of illegal immigrants. Many were released pending immigration hearings. According to Solomon Ortiz, the Congressman for Corpus Christi in Texas, similar incidents are "happening all over the place. It's very, very scary".

The two groups of Arab males were discovered by patrol guards from Willcox, Arizona. "These guys didn't speak Spanish," said one field agent, "and they were speaking to each other in Arabic. It's ridiculous that we don't take this more seriously. We're told not to say a thing to the media." A colleague told the paper: "All the men had brand-new clothing and the exact same cut of moustache." Local ranchers have also reported a rise in the sightings of large groups of young males.

Last month, border patrol agents at McAllen airport, Texas, arrested a woman believed to be Pakistani, who was carrying a false South African passport. The woman, Farida Ahmed, is still being questioned by the FBI. She was travelling to New York, and admitted to having illegally crossed the Mexican border. She was still carrying a pair of wet jeans in her travel bag.

More than 1.2 million people attempt to cross US borders illegally each year. The vast majority are Mexicans who are immediately repatriated. But under existing laws, which take account limited detention facilities, many non-Mexican illegal immigrants are released prior to a hearing with an immigration judge, which most fail to attend. Almost 22,000 non-Mexican immigrants have been released pending a hearing since last October. Once released, they are free to travel on their own throughout the United States. According to one Texas immigration official, those who slip through the net come "from all over the world".

"If you want to enter the US illegally," said the official, "the way to do it is to get to Mexico first." The possibility of a southern border loophole for potential terrorists was recognised as early as last year. In testimony before Congress, Steve McCraw, the assistant director of the FBI's Office of Intelligence, stated that "the ability of foreign nationals to use [the hearings procedure] to create a well-documented but fictitious identity in the United States, provides an opportunity for terrorists to move freely within the US without triggering name-based watch lists. It also enables them to board planes without revealing their true identity".

According to new laws, approved by President Bush and announced last week by the Homeland Security Department, illegal immigrants who are not Mexican will be repatriated within days, without a hearing. The effort comes in response to a prolonged campaign by Texas congressmen, who have argued that the president's home state was in danger of becoming a gateway to America for terrorists.

In a letter to President Bush last week, Mr Ortiz wrote: "Law enforcement agencies across the south-west border are alarmed that the US is releasing thousands of OTMs [Other than Mexicans]. Those released include individuals from nations the US defines as state sponsors of potential terrorism, or from those nations that have produced large numbers of al-Qaeda militants."

Mr Ortiz also claims that immigration officials have privately warned him that a number of suspicious foreigners have been detained on the Mexican border and then released, including some who claimed to have travelled from South and Central America but were unable to speak Spanish.

The rules are to be tried out first in Tucson, Arizona, and Laredo, Texas. Any non-Mexican illegal immigrant found within 100 miles of the border, within 14 days of their arrival, will be immediately expelled. D'Wayne Jernigan, a sheriff in Del Rio, Texas, believes that the rule change should be immediately implemented across the entire Mexican border. Last month, immigration authorities told Sheriff Jernigan to release 17 Brazilians from his jail, before the FBI had located an interpreter in order to interview them.

"My concern is, are we serious about terrorism?" said Sheriff Jernigan. "Or about homeland security? Because we're turning loose non-Mexicans by the thousands. Entering this country illegally is a crime, and we're turning our heads and ignoring it."

Forum List

Back