Al-Queda planning "spectacular" attack

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Report: Al-Qaida planning Britain strikes - UPI.com

LONDON, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- Al-Qaida cells in London, Birmingham and Luton, England, are planning mass casualty attacks in Britain, a government intelligence report indicates.

The restricted document, authored by the Ministry of Defense, MI5 and the British Special Branch, maintains al-Qaida operatives based in Britain will attempt another "spectacular" event targeting major transport facilities, such as airports and train stations, the Sunday Telegraph said.

The report said there are "some thousands" of extremists active in Britain, who are mostly British-born young men of Pakistani and Middle Eastern descent between the ages of 18 and 30. Many of them, it said, are believed to have been trained in overseas terrorist camps.

"For the foreseeable future the U.K. will continue to be a high-priority target for international terrorists aligned with al-Qaida," the government report said. "It will face a threat from British nationals, including Muslim converts, and U.K.-based foreign terrorists, as well as terrorists planning attacks from abroad."

man i am a muslim, and all i can is i am sick of these terrorist groups making us look so un-humain.

Report: Al-Qaida planning Britain strikes - UPI.com

LONDON, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- Al-Qaida cells in London, Birmingham and Luton, England, are planning mass casualty attacks in Britain, a government intelligence report indicates.

The restricted document, authored by the Ministry of Defense, MI5 and the British Special Branch, maintains al-Qaida operatives based in Britain will attempt another "spectacular" event targeting major transport facilities, such as airports and train stations, the Sunday Telegraph said.

The report said there are "some thousands" of extremists active in Britain, who are mostly British-born young men of Pakistani and Middle Eastern descent between the ages of 18 and 30. Many of them, it said, are believed to have been trained in overseas terrorist camps.

"For the foreseeable future the U.K. will continue to be a high-priority target for international terrorists aligned with al-Qaida," the government report said. "It will face a threat from British nationals, including Muslim converts, and U.K.-based foreign terrorists, as well as terrorists planning attacks from abroad."

How would you define spectacular attack? 7/7 wasn't exactly spectacular.
It resembled a normal day in Jerusalem, no?

man i am a muslim, and all i can is i am sick of these terrorist groups making us look so un-humain.

Can you explain for some friends of mine, what the Qu'ran says about "terrorism" and "infidels"?

Can you explain for some friends of mine, what the Qu'ran says about "terrorism" and "infidels"?

wow u r so immature..

if the Quran uttered the word terrorism in it then don't u think the 1bil+ followers would all be dead?

don't forget there are terrorist organization in every country within every religion.

read a book my friend or review your GED study guide

wow u r so immature..

if the Quran uttered the word terrorism in it then don't u think the 1bil+ followers would all be dead?

don't forget there are terrorist organization in every country within every religion.

read a book my friend or review your GED study guide

I am not immature. Some friends of mine think the Qu'ran encourages "the killing of infidels." I wanted to ask you if that is correct. What passages do bin laden's followers cling to to justify their actions? I am not your friend at this point.

I am not immature. Some friends of mine think the Qu'ran encourages "the killing of infidels." I wanted to ask you if that is correct. What passages do bin laden's followers cling to to justify their actions? I am not your friend at this point.

Every religion has it's people who misconstrue their own holy books so as to justify the unjustifiable.

Every religion has it's people who misconstrue their own holy books so as to justify the unjustifiable.

I agree. I was hoping he could enlighten me as to the Qu'ran's passages that bin laden and his followers (and also evangelical Christians) misinterpret.

Last edited:
I agree. I was hoping he could enlighten me as to the Qu'ran's passages that bin laden and his followers (and also evangelical Christians) misinterpret.

if your comment was made not to offend me, then an apologize is in order.

on other hand, osama followers and other terrorist organizations are being joined by young men for:

- money to support families
-children who are taken in and brainwashed at an early age
-people have done many sins in thier life and want an easy way out, which makes them believe killing themselves as well as other innocent human beings will give them a one way ticket to heaven.

the list goes on, but u can image the reasons..

on other hand, osama followers and other terrorist organizations are being joined by young men for:

-people have done many sins in thier life and want an easy way out, which makes them believe killing themselves as well as other innocent human beings will give them a one way ticket to heaven.

Sith, I've studied Islam.

Can you enlighten us on one of the twelve Pillars of Truth, "Jihad?"

In looking at my post, I understand how you may have miscontrued what I said. I should have been clearer. I apologize.

Is it true that people are just drawn to bin laden because he is magnetic, or does he back up his beliefs with his interpretation of the Qu'ran?

In looking at my post, I understand how you may have miscontrued what I said. I should have been clearer. I apologize.

Is it true that people are just drawn to bin laden because he is magnetic, or does he back up his beliefs with his interpretation of the Qu'ran?

it is desperation, there is no "confessions" or "indulgences" in islam. its all or nothing for these lunatics.

it is desperation, there is no "confessions" or "indulgences" in islam. its all or nothing for these lunatics.

I live in New York City and used to live in an area of the East Village that was very Muslim. They never spoke about themselves or their own religion the way you do. Please answer my question about your interpretation of Jihad and it being one of the Twelve Pillars of Truth. Either that or admit you're BS'ing everyone here.

I live in New York City and used to live in an area of the East Village that was very Muslim. They never spoke about themselves or their own religion the way you do. Please answer my question about your interpretation of Jihad and it being one of the Twelve Pillars of Truth. Either that or admit you're BS'ing everyone here.

Are you implying that the Qu'ran and those that follow it, justify terrorism?

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors." Qur'an, Chapter 2, verse 190.

Are you implying that the Qu'ran and those that follow it, justify terrorism?

I'm saying that if you read the Qu'Ran and study it, the Qu'Ran does indeed discuss Jihad. Unfortunately, our resident Muslim failed my test. See below.

I'm saying that if you read the Qu'Ran and study it, the Qu'Ran does indeed discuss Jihad. Unfortunately, our resident Muslim failed my test. See below.

What does it say to you about Jihad?

Forum List

Back