Al-Qaida suspect from NJ worked at 6 nuke plants

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by proletarian, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ☭proletarian☭

☭proletarian☭ Guest

Startling Portrait Emerges of New Jersey Al Qaeda Suspect, Hinting at Warning Signs - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News -
  2. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Sep 27, 2008
    Thanks Received:
    15th congressional district of Arizona
    While this is slightly off topic, it does demonstrate a continuing pattern.

back in the late 80's, I worked a couple nuke plant "shutdowns". Most of the welders that worked at the Southport power plant were Hell's angels.
    I never had a problem with them, mostly because i did inspections and x-rays on their work. They had to get along with me, I had to approve their 'certs', and could have any of them removed from the site if there was continued 'poor workmanship' by any of them.
    We all had to have security clearance to work there, and the responsibility for issuing those was not mine.
    The hell's Angels guys would joke around with me, and offered tolet me ride my motorcycle on a couple of their runs, but I always declined the offer politely citing 'conflcit of interest' reasons. They called me "Captain America", which I found amusing.
    I actually kept in touch with a few of those guys in the Charleston, SC chapter for a few years, until they were arrested and sent to prison in the mid 90's.
    I always wondered, even at the time, how the Hell's Angels got security clearence in such large numbers.