Al Qaida screws up again........Taking another beating

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Once again proving how inept they are. AlQaida plots for months to exploit a weakness in air traffic security. The end result is their operative sets his crotch on fire and is now spilling his guts.
The only major result of this botched attempt is that the Al Qaida cell which planned the attack now gets to feel the wrath of the US as US supported Yemini troops root them out

Yemen sends more troops to al-Qaida strongholds - Yahoo! News

SAN'A, Yemen – Yemen deployed several hundred extra troops to two mountainous eastern provinces that are al-Qaida's main strongholds in the country and where the suspected would-be Christmas airplane bomber may have visited, security officials said Saturday.

The reinforcements, aiming to beef up the military's presence in a remote region where the government has little control, were Yemen's latest move in a stepped-up campaign to combat al-Qaida. The United States plans to more than double its counterterrorism aid to the impoverished, fragmented Arab nation in the coming year to boost the fight.

Gen. David Petraeus, the U.S. general who oversees the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and who announced the increased aid, arrived in Yemen on Saturday and met with President Ali Abdullah Saleh, a Yemeni government official said. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the press.

The confrontation with al-Qaida's branch in Yemen gained new urgency after the failed attempt on Christmas Day to bomb a U.S. airliner headed to Detroit.

You are too logical a thinker to understand the mind of those who do this. (yes, I'm talking to you)

They think that is a good bargain, to loose several hundred folks in their training camps for one botched suicide bomb attempt. They can't beat us militarily, they need us to defeat ourselves. Things like full body screenings and the TSA are Al Queda success stories. They hate our freedom, and they want to destroy it. they can't march in with an army and take it from us, but if they make us fearful and self destructive, that is a positive.

Yes but they'll certainly try again and again and again and again...Well you get the picture. Time for Napolitano to go. Her astounding incompetence is only exceeded by her astounding ignorance. This woman has actually labelled anyone who disagrees with this administration politically as being "Terrorists." She should have never been given the job in the first place. She should have been removed a long time ago. I just don't see how anyone can really feel safe as long as Janet Napolitano is running Homeland Security. God help us.

You are too logical a thinker to understand the mind of those who do this. (yes, I'm talking to you)

They think that is a good bargain, to loose several hundred folks in their training camps for one botched suicide bomb attempt. They can't beat us militarily, they need us to defeat ourselves. Things like full body screenings and the TSA are Al Queda success stories. They hate our freedom, and they want to destroy it. they can't march in with an army and take it from us, but if they make us fearful and self destructive, that is a positive.

AlQaida is not winning

They are taking a beating around the globe. They can't stick their head out without a Predator shooting a missile up their ass. They have lost the support of the Muslim world who no longer looks at them as freedom fighters. They have been kicked out of every base of operations. They are having difficulty recruiting.

How many new recruits did they get by having someone set their crotch on fire?

Yes, we have had to adapt to their tactics. But they have had to adapt much more to our tactics.

Not to burst your bubble but...Al Qaeda and the Taliban are actually enjoying some stunning victories lately. They just killed our CIA Base Commander in Afghanistan along with several others. This is a very under-reported incident but it really is a pretty devastating blow for us over there. The fact that Al Qaeda and the Taliban could kill our CIA Base Commander over there should be alarming to everyone. No i would say that Al Qaeda and the Taliban have actually scored some stunning victories lately. This very serious incident along with Napolitano's shocking incompetence are unfortunately signs of terrible things to come for our nation. God i hope i'm wrong though.

AlQaida is not winning

They are taking a beating around the globe. They can't stick their head out without a Predator shooting a missile up their ass. They have lost the support of the Muslim world who no longer looks at them as freedom fighters. They have been kicked out of every base of operations. They are having difficulty recruiting.

How many new recruits did they get by having someone set their crotch on fire?

Yes, we have had to adapt to their tactics. But they have had to adapt much more to our tactics.

They haven't set up shop within the empire yet.
When they do ? Welcome to Hell.
Martial law. Cashless society.
Military every where you look. Papers to go from one state to another. EID's, suicide bombers.
The whole damn movie, coming to a neighborhood near you.

You are thinking tactics, they are thinking strategy.

They don't care about their losses. From their perspective, militarily they are totally unable to do anything to us.

They want us living in fear, they are willing to take any level of loss to score one strategic goal. From their perspective, Jane Neoplitino is a strategic loss: That means we no longer take them seriously. Their goals are things like the Patriot Act and the TSA and the Body Scanner and all the nonsense we have to put up with when we visit a government office. From what I have seen here, the doofus who gelded himself scored Al Queda a victory.

Yes unfortunately Al Qaeda and especially the Taliban,have enjoyed some stunning victories lately. This recent Christmas Bomber failed but they'll try again. The fact that Al Qaeda and the Taliban were able to kill our CIA Base Commander in Afghanistan really does say it all about how determined they are. To think they're all done and are "taking a beating" really is sadly delusional.

Yes but they'll certainly try again and again and again and again...Well you get the picture. Time for Napolitano to go. Her astounding incompetence is only exceeded by her astounding ignorance. This woman has actually labelled anyone who disagrees with this administration politically as being "Terrorists." She should have never been given the job in the first place. She should have been removed a long time ago. I just don't see how anyone can really feel safe as long as Janet Napolitano is running Homeland Security. God help us.

Are you always this afraid? Stop embarrassing americans with your punk ass bitch posts. You are the reason Al Queda wants to attack us. If I was a terrorist I would single you out for being such a pussy.

Last edited:
You are thinking tactics, they are thinking strategy.

They don't care about their losses. From their perspective, militarily they are totally unable to do anything to us.

They want us living in fear, they are willing to take any level of loss to score one strategic goal. From their perspective, Jane Neoplitino is a strategic loss: That means we no longer take them seriously. Their goals are things like the Patriot Act and the TSA and the Body Scanner and all the nonsense we have to put up with when we visit a government office. From what I have seen here, the doofus who gelded himself scored Al Queda a victory.

Yes we have had to modify our tactics in response to terrorism. I get delayed by an additional 15 minutes when I want to fly somewhere. But guess what? I can fly anywhere I want to. I walk the streets not worried that I might be killed at any moment.
Al Qaida is forced to live in caves and remain on the run. They cannot move where they want to. They are in constant fear of who they talk to, where they go, who they can trust. A misstep on their part means instant death.

We are winning

Forum List

Back