Al-Qaida rejects Saudi ultimatum--Everyone needs to read this

I believe it's a religous thing on THEIR side. We're a secular nation dealing with it. We don't need to transform christianity into a killing machine to win this war. Pointing out that their violence is religiously based is a valid activity. My two cents.

dilloduck said:
No bait and switch. Being as religious as you are I thought that you could expound on how the dems are attacking religion . It's real obvious to me. I just compared our elections to the war in Iraq and find them quite similar in ways. Maybe you would be more interested in the similarity if one of your guys had a chance to win it,

A Holy war is not something where one opinion of religion counters one of no religion.

A Holy war is an all out war.....weapons and all......to fight a battle for ultimate take over.

This election is an election.

-Not a Holy war.

In other words, even aetheists have a vested interest in defeating terrorism. We needn't USE christianity to motivate our fighters.

NewGuy said:
A Holy war is not something where one opinion of religion counters one of no religion.

A Holy war is an all out war.....weapons and all......to fight a battle for ultimate take over.

This election is an election.

-Not a Holy war.

I was thinking in terms of theological ideologies clashing.

This war is a war.

dilloduck said:

This war is a war.

I'm with Dillo, the debate will continue!

rtwngAvngr said:
In other words, even aetheists have a vested interest in defeating terrorism. We needn't USE christianity to motivate our fighters.

CORRECT!
:thewave:

dilloduck said:

This war is a war.

The WAR is a war, yes. By definition. They add a "holy" aspect so it is a one-side holy war.

The election is a fight over ideals as represented by "peaceful" election.

NewGuy said:
The WAR is a war, yes. By definition. They add a "holy" aspect so it is a one-side holy war.

The election is a fight over ideals as represented by "peaceful" election.

Would you buy 1/2 a Holy War ?

Peaceful?? Which election are you following?

dilloduck said:
Would you buy 1/2 a Holy War ?

They claim Allah is their leader in this war.

Which WAR are you watching?

Peaceful?? Which election are you following?

In contrast to a war.

Why do you ask these kinds of questions?

Hey, I am trying to be nice starting now.

:finger:

Let's see how long it lasts.

:D

NewGuy said:
Hey, I am trying to be nice starting now.

:finger:

Let's see how long it lasts.

:D
Jesus loves you for your efforts!

yes, jesus loves me
yes, jesus loves me
yes, jesus loves me
chorus (how do you know?)
For the bible tells me so!

rtwngAvngr said:
Jesus loves you for your efforts!

yes, jesus loves me
yes, jesus loves me
yes, jesus loves me
chorus (how do you know?)
For the bible tells me so!

Nice try.

:)

Nope, it's grace.

rtwngAvngr said:
will and grace! Lord knows you've got both. But the question is: Do you enjoy the tv show?

:teeth:

You aren't even making the smile fade.

No, don't watch tv.

NewGuy said:
They claim Allah is their leader in this war.

Which WAR are you watching?

In contrast to a war.

Why do you ask these kinds of questions?

I made my original comment to point out the similarity between the war in Iraq to our current election process. Iraq appears to be Muslims against the Christians and Jews although the Christians don't quite see it as against all Muslims. ( Though you are doing a good job to get em all fired up ).

Our elections seem to be a primarily secular party arguing visciously with a primarily religious party.

I ask questions to get information so that I can discern the truth with as much info as I can get. If I question info that I recieve, it is usually because I have conflicting information.

Forum List

Back