Al Qaida 'Has 18,000 Terrorists Waiting to Attack'

Zhukov, good point. But there are still reasons why they wouldn't be attacking. For one, 18000 people can't really fly to america and live here without being noticed, I would imagine even going through canada they would have problems.

Also, having a democracy in Iraq would really hurt them, so they may be planning further attacks within iraq when power is handed over.

They also may be waiting for a better time to strike.

That article says these 18,000 terrorists are "waiting for the order to attack targets in Europe and the U.S."

I take that to mean, they have their training, they have their supplies, they have their target, and they are waiting for a green light.

Now if they simply mean they are sitting around in Iran waiting to be deployed to the west to find something to blow up, I'd say that whole article is being overly dramatic.

18,000 terrorists in Iran and other Islamic coutnries? Patiently awaiting their turn to be destroyed in my opinion.

My guess is the number of those 'waiting for the word' is far short of 18k. More likely that 18k is an estimate of all the terrorists over 60 countries, most of which are 3rd world possible suicide bombers. While the terrorists have some educated members, I doubt those numbers are over a hundred or a couple.

Originally posted by Kathianne
My guess is the number of those 'waiting for the word' is far short of 18k. More likely that 18k is an estimate of all the terrorists over 60 countries, most of which are 3rd world possible suicide bombers. While the terrorists have some educated members, I doubt those numbers are over a hundred or a couple.
I agree. The 18,000 refers to the total trained in al Queda camps. That does not necessarily mean that, once they left, they still wanted to "participate". The way we learned who carried out the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania from a "defector" that had attended a camp and then came back wondering what in the heck he had gotten himself into.

>I admire the patriot who crushed the Nazis.<

Since you call him the patriot I would assume you are Russian or at least of Russian heritage. Well...which is it? As I said I'm curious. I have no hatred towards Russians. I admire them more then the French! LOL!

Forum List

Back