Al-Qaeda Loses an Iraqi Friend

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I hope I did not confuse people by the title of this thread

I did not mean Cindy Crackpot Sheehan or White Flag Harry Reid

Al-Qaeda Loses an Iraqi Friend
By BOBBY GHOSH/BAGHDAD

Al-Qaeda has lost its most powerful friend in Iraq: Harith al-Dari, the country's most influential Sunni cleric and a prominent anti-American figure, has rejected al-Qaeda's vision of an Islamic state, telling TIME that Iraqis "will not accept such a system." In a sharp departure from his long-standing view of the terror group, al-Dari now says al-Qaeda has "gone too far." He also repudiates recent statements on Iraq by Osama bin Laden's deputy, saying: "Ayman al-Zawahiri doesn't represent Iraqis."

But al-Dari's change of heart on al-Qaeda is not necessarily good news for the Bush Administration. The Sunni cleric remains an implacable foe of the U.S. occupation, and of the Shi'ite-led Iraqi government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. He is dismissive of the "surge" in Baghdad, insisting that no solution to Iraq's problems is possible while American troops remain — and rejects as "insincere and meaningless" al-Maliki's efforts to reach out to the Sunnis.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1620607,00.html

He is dismissive of the "surge" in Baghdad, insisting that no solution to Iraq's problems is possible while American troops remain — and rejects as "insincere and meaningless" al-Maliki's efforts to reach out to the Sunnis.

shouldnt you be calling him a terrorist liberal satan worshipper by now?

He is dismissive of the "surge" in Baghdad, insisting that no solution to Iraq's problems is possible while American troops remain — and rejects as "insincere and meaningless" al-Maliki's efforts to reach out to the Sunnis.

shouldnt you be calling him a terrorist liberal satan worshipper by now?

I knew this would make the liberals very sad.

Why don't you post the US troop death toll? That'll cheer you up.

I knew this would make the liberals very sad.

Why don't you post the US troop death toll? That'll cheer you up.

wouldnt doing so send you into another rabid frenzy and make you cry traitor?

I thought conservatives WANTED to ignore the casualties of a bullshit war? you know, so that you can sleep at night without a bottle of pills...

say, you obviously dont want to answer why you are not calling this guy a babykiller.... GEEEe... I wonder why that is....

waiting for michelle malkin to ram her arm up your ass like a puppet before you respond as political necessity requires?

I was just wondering because I've noticed that too, but far be it from me to really know that. And that is why I asked the question that you actually answered unlike some other posters.

Shogun must be filling in for Edward and Mainman today

Shogun can't stick to the topic of any thread

He is a troll trying to start something - I am not buying it

dude.. you OWN the fucking collection.. whatchu mean "im not buying it"..

hehehehe...

yo..

dont be bitter because I reminded you that a motto was put on our currency well after the creation of our nation... it's just bad form to get bent outa shape..

and if you cant see how Im handing back to RSR his typical liberal hating bullshit well...

then I guess it doesnt really shock me when you say that this nation was founded by god.

I was just wondering because I've noticed that too, but far be it from me to really know that. And that is why I asked the question that you actually answered unlike some other posters.

ACTUALLY ANSWER?

your standards are so high!

Not to worry I had a question and it was answered I felt you weren't sticking to the thread and I was right.

is that kinda like evading a question by asking what jihad means?

funny.. I dont recall seeing you ever take RSR to task when diluting a thread with bullshit sweeping generalizations...

uh oh.. looks like we've spotted a good ole boy..

funny.. I dont recall seeing you ever take RSR to task when diluting a thread with bullshit sweeping generalizations...

Why not try something new - like staying on topic?

Not much higher than your so I guess we are even:thup:

does that statement even make mathmatical sense to you?

again.. perhaps if youd apply as much to RSR....

naaaa... team loyalty, eh?

does that statement even make mathmatical sense to you?

again.. perhaps if youd apply as much to RSR....

naaaa... team loyalty, eh?

Yea, you are a troll trying to provoke a fight - and nobody is going for it

Why not stay on topic. I've been nice to you and I haven't berated you so get with the program already. We all knew the US military was going to be a factor in the thread but the points were a cleric said he would be against a al qaeda style government.

Why not stay on topic. I've been nice to you and I haven't berated you so get with the program already. We all knew the US military was going to be a factor in the thread but the points were a cleric said he would be against a al qaeda style government.

He is a liberal troll who cannot compete in a debate

At least MM attempts to stay on topic

yes, a cleric that ALSO says that RSR's solution to Iraq is just as unnaccptable.

did you want to let me know why you dont mind criticising me for trolling the thread but will totally ignore RSR doing the same thing?

are my sweeping generalizations not broad enough?

Forum List

Back