Al Qaeda in Iraq threatens attacks in U.S.

Saddam Hussein was distrustful of al-Qaeda and viewed Islamic extremists as a threat to his regime, refusing all requests from al-Qaeda to provide material or operational support," it said.

The Senate report added that the Iraqi regime had repeatedly rejected al-Qaeda requests for meetings.

It also deals with the role played by inaccurate information supplied by Iraqi opposition groups in the run-up to the war

BBC NEWS | Americas | Saddam 'had no link to al-Qaeda'

hortysir; mememe, et al,

Prior to, and at the time of the invasion, there was NO al-Qaeda force or activity in Iraq.

My son's unit was the first in.
Ask him.
I know what he told me.
(COMMENT)

It was the JTJ (Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad) that was misidentified as al-Qaeda in Iraq. The JTJ, under the leadership of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was so often misidentified as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) and/or al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia (AQM), that in October 2004, that he pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden (ObL) and al-Qaeda. It was an unintended consequence of a wish fulfilled. But of the original al-Qaeda, there were no real organized effort in Iraq.

The Iraq campaign was riddled with inaccuracies, propaganda, misfeasance, malfeasance and nonfeasance. Everywhere we looked, then as now, we see some evil that we tag as terrorism. We focused on and exaggerated the threat so much that we saw them everywhere - Iraq was guilty by association. But the association wasn't real; any more than there were thousands and thousands of tons of WMD (NBC). But these thoughts were so ingrained into the scenario prior to the war, that much of the American Public believes it still today.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Buh...Buh...But... According to Liberals, there is no Al Qaeda in Iraq.

hortysir; mememe, et al,

Prior to, and at the time of the invasion, there was NO al-Qaeda force or activity in Iraq.

Did Al-Q know about it?

My son's unit was the first in.
Ask him.
I know what he told me.
(COMMENT)

It was the JTJ (Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad) that was misidentified as al-Qaeda in Iraq. The JTJ, under the leadership of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was so often misidentified as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) and/or al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia (AQM), that in October 2004, that he pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden (ObL) and al-Qaeda. It was an unintended consequence of a wish fulfilled. But of the original al-Qaeda, there were no real organized effort in Iraq.

The Iraq campaign was riddled with inaccuracies, propaganda, misfeasance, malfeasance and nonfeasance. Everywhere we looked, then as now, we see some evil that we tag as terrorism. We focused on and exaggerated the threat so much that we saw them everywhere - Iraq was guilty by association. But the association wasn't real; any more than there were thousands and thousands of tons of WMD (NBC). But these thoughts were so ingrained into the scenario prior to the war, that much of the American Public believes it still today.

Most Respectfully,
R

Thanks for that.

However, with all due respect;
poe-tay-toe....... pah-tah-toe

:cool:

Let me get this right.
There are moans because someone thinks a group in a country US hawks are itching to invade, wants to attack the US.

Drrr - what do you expect, a fucking Christmas card?

Al-Qaeda and the Taliban ~ Since 1983 it seems they grew larger, and were hell bent on striking at the US. Kinda like a person hell bent to commit suicide, there's no stopping him, and no turning him back. It was inevitable. We had a 10- year war because that's the limit with the US. Does our exiting the arena at this critical point make us safe? Will they not start some kind of individual war, whereby American's are targeted in the mainland? I don't know anybody's guess....

Forum List

Back