Al Jazeera

&

☭proletarian☭

What are your thoughts regarding this news outlet?

My thoughts on Al Jazeera are: good luck to the Jets this Sunday!

Oh sure. It's a terrific place to get info -- if your idea of info is distortion and propaganda.

Even Dave Marash, who quit ABC TV News to join al jazeera, eventually quit al jazeera over the bias that "network" demonstrated. Here's an interesting piece on that very point:

Dave Marash: Why I Quit : Columbia Journalism Review

This piece sounds like he is describing most media outlets in the US. As one of the comments said, AJ is doing what American media outlets do to other parts of the world.

Oh sure. It's a terrific place to get info -- if your idea of info is distortion and propaganda.

Even Dave Marash, who quit ABC TV News to join al jazeera, eventually quit al jazeera over the bias that "network" demonstrated. Here's an interesting piece on that very point:

Dave Marash: Why I Quit : Columbia Journalism Review

This piece sounds like he is describing most media outlets in the US. As one of the comments said, AJ is doing what American media outlets do to other parts of the world.

The claim is easily made. It is more difficult to quantify. It sure looks to have a degree of merit to it.

The liberal American Main Stream Media is obviously biased, yet guys like Marash don't appear overly concerned with THAT.

And yet, as regards al jazeera, the "journalistic judgment" behind the decisions to air propaganda from al qaeda is pretty hard to get around.

It's not a news outlet.

It's a pure propoganda outlet.

As Liability said, it's great if you like to get the Al Qaida viewpoint.

It's better than any American outlet. Feeble-minded people tend to avoid it because of its name, but I'd trust them before most other mainstream news sources.

Al Jazeera English - AJE

That is not surprising :cuckoo:

I read the JewPost and Haaretz as well. Al Jazeera is easily the best of the three (although Haaretz isn't bad); which would be evident to you if you actually bothered reading what they put out before dismissing it as "terrorist propaganda." Ah, racism... :lol:

And yet, as regards al jazeera, the "journalistic judgment" behind the decisions to air propaganda from al qaeda is pretty hard to get around.

What's wrong with publicizing information that bears relevance to current events? Would it be better if everyone was ignorant concerning the doctrines and motivations of al-Qa'idah?

Since Al Jazeera is headquartered in Qatar a dictatorship with no free press don't expect anyone to take it seriously other than the people that want to believe the nonsense propoganda that it promotes.

Since Al Jazeera is headquartered in Qatar a dictatorship with no free press don't expect anyone to take it seriously other than the people that want to believe the nonsense propoganda that it promotes.
:lol:

Please demonstrate how Al Jazeera is more biased than any major American news outlet or the JewPost.

:lol:

Please demonstrate how Al Jazeera is more biased than any major American news outlet or the JewPost.

Because these other countries have a free press, Qatar doesn't.

Forum List

Back