Al Jazeera: Fair and balanced?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Ok, no outright laughing.

But check out this article by the newspaper that claims it is not biased and only seeks the truth.

Al Jazee's truth

Most pertinent concerning my point:

Sharon, once the Jewish colonists' champion but now a hate-figure, told parliament a pullout from Gaza by the end of 2005 would increase Israel's security and allow it to seal its grip on larger illegal West Bank settlements.

Can anyone really believe that Sharon "told parliament" that the settlements were "illegal?"

I know, it is well understood that al jazeera is biased, but this not only confirms that, but catches them in a bold faced lie. This is crap, they are taking words and inserting them as if someone said it to prove their point, that the settlements are illegal. Ok if an opine piece, but in the news! Great to know that the arab world is learning the truth :bs1:

Pfffft! When Al Jazeera starts acting like a legit news organization I'll quit drinking. I'm going to be shitfaced when I'm 90.

All those choads are is a mouthpiece for the cronies holding the reins of power in the ME and whipping the masses to blame America and Israel for their miserable lives - instead of the local fanatical Islamic dictator & Co.

Remember when the USA was parked at Baghdad International and Al Jazeera was interviewing Baghdad Bob about how Iraq was handing us our asses?

Yep, they dutifully reported to the ME and the world that Iraq was handily giving the USA a lesson in warfare.

I think it was 12 hours later the war was over, and the BBC had a very interesting article on the reactions of the poor bastards over there that really don't have access to legitimate news. All over the ME there were people stunned that Saddam lost the war - after all, all they had been told about was victory after victory against the Infidel Americans.

And yet, I didn't read even ONE person comment that perhaps Al Jazeera was to blame for the misinformation. I really thought that was curious. Anyone with half a mind would have to question where their information came from after such an obvious, deceitful spin on major local events.

Forum List

Back