Al Jazeera Children's Programming coming to the U.S.

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Al Jazeera's banking that its newest project--an English-language children's channel--will help it get on the air in the all-important North American and Asian markets. The new English-language Al Jazeera Children's Channel is scheduled to launch by the end of 2012. Content will be a mix of syndicated shows from other sources and original programming, dubbed into English, from the already existing Arabic-language Al Jazeera Children's Channel. Fast Company recently reported on Al Jazeera's ongoing talks with Comcast and Time Warner.

Al Jazeera Launching English-Language Children's Channel | Fast Company

What could go wrong?

If were a conspiracy theorist, I might suggest that this is a brilliant way to force the Fairness Doctrine.

Al Jazeera's banking that its newest project--an English-language children's channel--will help it get on the air in the all-important North American and Asian markets. The new English-language Al Jazeera Children's Channel is scheduled to launch by the end of 2012. Content will be a mix of syndicated shows from other sources and original programming, dubbed into English, from the already existing Arabic-language Al Jazeera Children's Channel. Fast Company recently reported on Al Jazeera's ongoing talks with Comcast and Time Warner.

What could go wrong?

If were a conspiracy theorist, I might suggest that this is a brilliant way to force the Fairness Doctrine.

I'm having a difficult time trying to detect your spin on this one.

Well I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But it would not be too far of a stretch to predict there might be some anti-semitic propaganda in this programming. And if and when it is aired, there will be calls for censorship. And once that can of worms is opened...

I've seen some of these Islamic "children's" shows. "Jews are apes and pigs" is a common theme. I'll see if I can find a youtube later.

Well I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But it would not be too far of a stretch to predict there might be some anti-semitic propaganda in this programming. And if and when it is aired, there will be calls for censorship. And once that can of worms is opened...

I've seen some of these Islamic "children's" shows. "Jews are apes and pigs" is a common theme. I'll see if I can find a youtube later.

So are you in favor of censorship of these programs?

Or are you a muslim-sympathizing anti-semite?

What could go wrong?

I want my kids to enter this:

The Qu'ran Recitation Contest pits child contestants from around the Muslim world together to recite the Muslim holy book from memory.

قناة الجزيرة للأطفال - مسابقة تلاوة القرآن الكريم

What fun!

I am in favor of decency - esp. when it comes to childrens television. Call it what you will.

So you would prefer that Al Jazeera Childrens Television Network be banned from the airwaves?

Would you advocate for a Federal banning, or state by state?

Would it also be fair to assume that you don't trust that parents can make a decision about what their children are watching?

Last edited:

What could go wrong?

I want my kids to enter this:

The Qu'ran Recitation Contest pits child contestants from around the Muslim world together to recite the Muslim holy book from memory.

قناة الجزيرة للأطفال - مسابقة تلاوة القرآن الكريم
What fun!
National Bible Bee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APXy8S_sL0g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APXy8S_sL0g[/ame]

"destroying the Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers” ~ Muslim Brotherhood

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYIxkVaSuMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYIxkVaSuMY[/ame]

quran.jpg

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com...g-english-language-kids-channel-to-u-s-video/

Last edited:
I can't wait for the first episodes of Dora the Exploder and Sponge Bomb Square Pants but the repeats of Allah in the Family are still my favorites

What kind of physical challenges will be featured in the Muslim version of the Nickelodeon favorite, Double Dare?

What, exactly, is your complaint about the Saladin video you posted?

What about In the Beginning? Is there something wrong with that as well?

Glorification of the hero muslims against the evil Christians is not the bull we want taught to our children, sorry.. You can send yours for private lessons if you like.

Glorification of the hero muslims against the evil Christians is not the bull we want taught to our children, sorry

You'd prefer all muslims be depicted like the Persians in 300? What about In the Beginning and The Creationist Adventurers Team? What about glorifying the Jewish heroes against the evil Ammonite, Hittite, Jesubit, and Moabite women who had their pregnant bellies torn open by God's grace as the Chosen People took the Promised Land? How is that any different?

What about glorifying the hero cowboys who fought off the injin savages as America moved west to manifest destiny?

Your selective outrage is noted. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you being a bigoted fool...

They can show whatever they want. Doesn't mean I nor my children (When I have some) will be watching it. And I am not going to bother giving them free advertisement by being outraged.

Glorification of the hero muslims against the evil Christians is not the bull we want taught to our children, sorry

You'd prefer all muslims be depicted like the Persians in 300? What about In the Beginning and The Creationist Adventurers Team? What about glorifying the Jewish heroes against the evil Ammonite, Hittite, Jesubit, and Moabite women who had their pregnant bellies torn open by God's grace as the Chosen People took the Promised Land? How is that any different?

What about glorifying the hero cowboys who fought off the injin savages as America moved west to manifest destiny?

Your selective outrage is noted. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you being a bigoted fool...

Why on earth would Muslims be depicted like the Persians in 300? Islam wasn't even a religion until nearly a 1000 years later.

Humm...when you find some Ammonite, Hittite, Jesubit, Moabite people let me know ok?

I might give you that one, but those wars are also over so your point is mute.

One could say the same of you. Shall I go through and repost some of your hater posts? I will if you like i'll have to do it later though..Let me know.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back