Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion

RSR brought it up. I’m still waiting on him to prove that Bush’s daughter received more coverage per her incidences with the law than did Gore. I have no problem in sticking with the issue of Gore and things related

Sorry - you brought up the Bush twins

Sorry - you brought up the Bush twins

I’m just showing a little bit of balance, as I explained in post # 59. I provided a reasonable segue. It did not appear right out of nowhere. Look at post # 40 I was previously responding to the Lunch man – who was the first person to bring up a Bush daughter in this thread. Jeb’s daughter had her troubles too.

My discussion about Bush’s daughter was not something out of nowhere. It was to provide balance to the Gore bashing. Your comment about whether or not MSM has a liberal bias was much more unrelated to the subject of the thread.

Anyway. Lunch man, I think that this was the point thing that you were mentioning:

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/jeb.bush.daughter.drugs/

I’m just showing a little bit of balance, as I explained in post # 59. I provided a reasonable segue. It did not appear right out of nowhere. Look at post # 40 I was previously responding to the Lunch man – who was the first person to bring up a Bush daughter in this thread. Jeb’s daughter had her troubles too.

My discussion about Bush’s daughter was not something out of nowhere. It was to provide balance to the Gore bashing. Your comment about whether or not MSM has a liberal bias was much more unrelated to the subject of the thread.

Anyway. Lunch man, I think that this was the point thing that you were mentioning:

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/jeb.bush.daughter.drugs/

Gore bashing?

You would be a perfect "reporter" for the NY Times

Can't beat them? Can't defeat their points? Can't rebut what they say?

No problem, just claim they are off topic in the faint hope the moderator will shut them up for you.

Can't beat them? Can't defeat their points? Can't rebut what they say?

No problem, just claim they are off topic in the faint hope the moderator will shut them up for you.

This would be understandable if it wasnt in defence of RSR.

Who is indeen dotorious for his many
irrelevant erroneous off-topic comment.

I am seeing you as a Gore defender who does want to hear anything about the liberal media bias and the hypocrisy in their "reporting"

Then you are simply delusional. Unlike you, I do look at issues from both sides. I readily admit that some news media shows a liberal bias. Some shows reveal a conservative bias. I don’t have time or interest in playing the “media bias game” (You find an article that shows liberal bias. I find one that shows conservative bias. Then you find another one that shows liberal bias. I counter with one that shows conservative bias and on and on and on). You are clearly more one-sided than I am. Anyway, I’m not that interested in the topic of media bias. It needs its own thread.

I am not defending Gore for the antics of his son. I am not defending Bush for the antics of his daughter. It is as simple as that.

Then you are simply delusional. Unlike you, I do look at issues from both sides. I readily admit that some news media shows a liberal bias. Some shows reveal a conservative bias. I don’t have time or interest in playing the “media bias game” (You find an article that shows liberal bias. I find one that shows conservative bias. Then you find another one that shows liberal bias. I counter with one that shows conservative bias and on and on and on). You are clearly more one-sided than I am. Anyway, I’m not that interested in the topic of media bias. It needs its own thread.

Whenever a lib gets in trouble, the liberal media and their defenders, will try and change the subject

Whenever a lib gets in trouble, the liberal media and their defenders, will try and change the subject

That may be true. Therefore, I guess that I am not a liberal. I readily admit that Gore’s son got into trouble with the law. You seem to be the one determined to change the subject. Look at the title of this thread. It clearly says, “Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion”. Yet, on this thread, you want to talk about media bias. Do you want to keep on and on talking about Gore’s son’s problem? I don’t see that there is much more information to add. Gore’s son got into trouble. If you want to talk about media bias, why not start a new thread.

That may be true. Therefore, I guess that I am not a liberal. I readily admit that Gore’s son got into trouble with the law. You seem to be the one determined to change the subject. Look at the title of this thread. It clearly says, “Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion”. Yet, on this thread, you want to talk about media bias. Do you want to keep on and on talking about Gore’s son’s problem? I don’t see that there is much more information to add. Gore’s son got into trouble. If you want to talk about media bias, why not start a new thread.

Only when someone else brought up the Bush twins

Only when someone else brought up the Bush twins

Hello. Wake up please. I already explained how my comment about Bush’s daughter was not a change of subject. I was merely providing balance. While not ignoring Gore’s problem, I reminded people of Bush’s problem. See post # 82. As I explained, I was responding to Lunch man who was mentioning another daughter of a different Bush. Your comment about media bias came right out of the blue and had nothing at all to do with the topic of Gore’s alleged drug problem.

Hello. Wake up please. I already explained how my comment about Bush’s daughter was not a change of subject. I was merely providing balance. While not ignoring Gore’s problem, I reminded people of Bush’s problem. See post # 82. As I explained, I was responding to Lunch man who was mentioning another daughter of a different Bush. Your comment about media bias came right out of the blue and had nothing at all to do with the topic of Gore’s alleged drug problem.

Whaever

Balance to you is providing cover for Al

Whaever

I am not providing cover for Al. To provide balance on this thread, I merely mentioned that Bush had problems with a child too. So much of this thread was “Gore bashing”. I mentioned that Bush had a daughter who got into trouble too. That was the extent of my “changing the topic”. That is not to negate or minimize the problem that Gore has. Don’t worry. Anyone who looks at the posts on this thread will know that Gore had a son who got into trouble with the law.

I am not providing cover for Al. To provide balance on this thread, I merely mentioned that Bush had problems with a child too. So much of this thread was “Gore bashing”. I mentioned that Bush had a daughter who got into trouble too. That was the extent of my “changing the topic”. That is not to negate or minimize the problem that Gore has. Don’t worry. Anyone who looks at the posts on this thread will know that Gore had a son who got into trouble with the law.

and the liberal media did their best to provide Al and his son plenty of cover

Whaever

Hey, everyone. Did you know that Gore’s son got into trouble with the law. See post # 63 that I created.

But then, according to RSR, I’m providing cover for Al.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m sorry, RSR, but your extreme pro-Republican and anti-Democrat bias seems to have made you downright delusional. Wake up to reality.

In Wake of Gore Son Arrest, 'Today' Highlights Foibles of GOP Kids, Praises Chelsea
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on July 6, 2007 - 08:21.
H/t NB reader PawpawN.

As noted here, MSNBC's John Ridley went off on Al Gore this morning, suggesting he should hug his kid rather than the planet, save his son, not ice caps. But NBC's "Today" offered up a more predictable MSM response, as the show sought to downplay the Gore incident by pointing to Republican politicians whose kids have caused trouble, while praising Chelsea Clinton as unusually mature.

Introducing the segment, Meredith Vieira shifted the spotlight from Gore's situation to the broader issues.

'TODAY' CO-HOST MEREDITH VIEIRA: And now to politicians and their children. It's tough being a parent, and as former Vice-Pesident Al Gore learned this week, it's even tougher when you're in the public eye and your child makes a big mistake.
Aww.

NBC reporter John Yang, who narrated the segment, was also in an understanding mood.

YANG: The arrest of his son and namesake on drug charges is giving former Vice-President Al Gore a lesson that millions of parents have learned before.
Cut to a clip of presidential historian Allan Lichtman, happy to let Al off the hook: "There are things you can control, and things you can't control in your own children's conduct." Roll footage of the Bush daughters, including the shot shown here of Jenna.

YANG: The saga of Al Gore III is just the latest example of politicians being embarrassed by their children, something that seems to be part of the political landscape. President Bush's twin daughters gained notoriety with citations for underage drinking.
But there was a bright spot in Yang's tour of enfants terribles.

YANG: Some seem to behave better than their parents. Chelsea Clinton seemed to literally hold her parents together at the height of her father's Monica Lewinsky scandal. For the most part, voters don't seem to hold politicians responsible for the sins of their children. Ronald Reagan's popularity didn't suffer when his daughter Patti Davis publicly denounced her parents as dysfunctional. [Note: as FR readers have reminded me, Chelsea had her own alcohol-related run-in, but "Today" chose to overlook it.]

As a clip rolled of Rudy Giuliani's first mayoral inaugural, where his then seven-year old son Andrew was a bit rambunctious, Lichtman observed: "We should judge politicans according to how well they serve the public interest, not necessarily how well they order and manage their own families."

That set Yang up for one final, snide swipe at a Republican.

YANG: A thought that should come to some politicians as a great relief.
Let's review. Al Gore III was arrested for speeding 100 MPH with pot and a variety of other drugs in his car. Yang equates that with the Bush girls drinking -- but not driving -- while underage, with Patti Davis making a statement about her parents, and with the harmless antics of a young boy. But it's all good in service of diluting Al's embarrassment in a sea of moral equivalence.
http://newsbusters.org/node/13933

Hey, everyone. Did you know that Gore’s son got into trouble with the law. See post # 63 that I created.

But then, according to RSR, I’m providing cover for Al.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m sorry, RSR, but your extreme pro-Republican and anti-Democrat bias seems to have made you downright delusional. Wake up to reality.

RSR said that there is a liberal bias. I directed people to news items on these liberal news sites that tell people that Gore’s son got into trouble. There is an article in People, CNN, Reuters, ABC, The Guardian, and even NPR. Yet, I am providing cover for Al. These liberally biased news shows are providing cover for Gore too. This is just too funny. I gotta go for now.

RSR said that there is a liberal bias. I directed people to news items on these liberal news sites that tell people that Gore’s son got into trouble. There is an article in People, CNN, Reuters, ABC, The Guardian, and even NPR. Yet, I am providing cover for Al. These liberally biased news shows are providing cover for Gore too. This is just too funny. I gotta go for now.

I never siad they did not report the story -they did mention it

Then they reverted back to the Bush twins

There are some people who still think there is no liberal bias in the media

Forum List

Back