Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion

In all fairness, he's 24 and responsible for himself. I wouldn't blame the parents for his actions, anymore than I'd condemn someone because of their parents.

so then Paris Hilton's behavior isn't her parents fault for lack of discipline?

This kid is the son of Al Gore, he's a reflection of his dad. thats how the media will see this.. oh wait... the liberal media will probably not even mention this story......never mind

so then Paris Hilton's behavior isn't her parents fault for lack of discipline?

This kid is the son of Al Gore, he's a reflection of his dad. thats how the media will see this.. oh wait... the liberal media will probably not even mention this story......never mind

Paris Hilton's predicaments may be a result of parenting, but they are now owned by her. The parents weren't in jail.

That's right. Besides, he probably didn't inhale.

I'm sure. :rofl: I remember getting a note from the high school regarding my son's Ritalin, (like Aderall) to keep an eye on it, kids were using it as it was 'better than speed.' Truth is, it's prescription speed.

I'm sure. :rofl: I remember getting a note from the high school regarding my son's Ritalin, (like Aderall) to keep an eye on it, kids were using it as it was 'better than speed.' Truth is, it's prescription speed.

Ritalin is very weak. In order to get an effect like speed one would have to use a hell of a lot more than any prescription would provide. I used it legally for several years, it was supposed to help keep me alert and to be able to focus. Lets just say it did neither very well.

Ritalin is very weak. In order to get an effect like speed one would have to use a hell of a lot more than any prescription would provide. I used it legally for several years, it was supposed to help keep me alert and to be able to focus. Lets just say it did neither very well.

And it is tightly controlled, you couldn't get refills, the doctor had to write a new prescription every month for me.

In order to face reality you have to have your wits about you and your head clear - and we know how liberals deal with and handle reality.

Maybe Bush will pardon him. I wonder if that will piss of all the Bush haters the way the commutation (not pardon) of Scooter has?

Hell Bush should do like Clinton and get money for any pardons he preforms. Maybe Libby's wife can give him a HUGE check for his Presidential Library?

Personally after the meltdown this has caused if I were Bush I would be SURE to pardon him before I left office, maybe on the last day, along with a few hundred terrorists and loyal republican party donation makers.

Hell Bush should do like Clinton and get money for any pardons he preforms. Maybe Libby's wife can give him a HUGE check for his Presidential Library?

Personally after the meltdown this has caused if I were Bush I would be SURE to pardon him before I left office, maybe on the last day, along with a few hundred terrorists and loyal republican party donation makers.

I never thought I'd see the day when republicans and bush-fans would be cheering and applauding a convicted felon getting his entire prison sentence commuted.

I still fondly remember the days when bush-fans would solemnly proclaim: "Sure, he just lied about a blow job. But we have to enforce the RULE OF LAW!".

BTW: Pointing to clinton's pardons, to excuse this travesty is the type of thing children do - pointing to other's bad behaviour to justify their own bad behavior. It's really not very becoming of adult men, to use that lame childish excuse. ;)

Ummm...point of order, DeadCanDance:

Clinton lied about a blowjob UNDER OATH. That's perjury - a felony.

My prayers and best wishes go out to the Gore family. I don't wish kid trouble on anybody.

I never thought I'd see the day when republicans and bush-fans would be cheering and applauding a convicted felon getting his entire prison sentence commuted.

I still fondly remember the days when bush-fans would solemnly proclaim: "Sure, he just lied about a blow job. But we have to enforce the RULE OF LAW!".

BTW: Pointing to clinton's pardons, to excuse this travesty is the type of thing children do - pointing to other's bad behaviour to justify their own bad behavior. It's really not very becoming of adult men, to use that lame childish excuse. ;)

It understand the anger libs experience when it is pointed out how Clinton pardoned convicted terrorists and how he sold pardons for cash

It does not help as Hillary makes her lame attempt at becoming President.

snip

But when I stumbled on a list of Bill Clinton's pardons posted on the Drudge Report, I was instantly back on Jan. 20, 2001. That's when Clinton, in his final hours as President, opened the floodgates, issuing 140 pardons and 36 commutations.

The list of people Clinton let off the hook was a rogue's gallery of drug dealers, petty criminals and the politically well-connected. One was Bill Clinton's brother Roger, one was a college friend and another was a former business partner. Their lawyers' connections were key in others, including the lawyer for a man who laundered more than $100 million for the Cali cartel.

Some cases reeked of blatant corruption. Hillary's brother, Hugh Rodham, collected $400,000 from two big-time criminals who got pardons. When the news of the payments broke, the Clintons claimed surprise and demanded Rodham give the money back.

But Bill Clinton never gave Denise Rich her money back. The former wife of disgraced financier Marc Rich gave $450,000 to Clinton's presidential library and raised and contributed more than $1 million to campaigns of the Clintons and other Democrats. Her husband, who had fled the country rather than fight charges of massive tax fraud and trading with Iran during the 1979 hostage crisis, suddenly received a pardon. "Utterly false," Bill Clinton later said about charges he sold the pardon. "There was absolutely no quid pro quo."

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/07/04/2007-07-04_pardon_hillary.html

As they say "The apple does not fall far from the tree". Like father like son. LOL:D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070704/ap_on_re_us/people_gore_s_son

Did Al Gore II get into trouble for marijuana possession? Let’s look at Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_substance_abuse_controversy

Bush has admitted to abusing alcohol until he was age 40, and occasional stories in non-mainstream and gossip-oriented publications have alleged that Bush has abused alcohol since then, including during his presidency.

Jenna Bush is the daughter of U.S. President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Bush

Jenna was charged with a misdemeanor of being a minor in possession of alcohol in Austin, Texas.On May 29, 2001 Jenna was charged with another misdemeanor—attempting to use a fake ID (with the name "Barbara Pierce," her paternal grandmother's maiden name) to purchase alcohol.

One could say that the leaves don’t fall far from the Bush. Like father like daughter.

Dude, have you ever been to Austin? It's a college town, it would unusual for a minor not to be in possession of alcohol and a fake I.D. LOL

Forum List

Back