al gores global warming mentor...

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
interesting article......

The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Coleman's Corner

By John Coleman
January 28, 2009

The key players are now all in place in Washington and in state governments across America to officially label carbon dioxide as a pollutant and enact laws that tax we citizens for our carbon footprints. Only two details stand in the way, the faltering economic times and a dramatic turn toward a colder climate. The last two bitter winters have lead to a rise in public awareness that CO2 is not a pollutant and is not a significant greenhouse gas that is triggering runaway global warming.

How did we ever get to this point where bad science is driving big government we have to struggle so to stop it?

The story begins with an Oceanographer named Roger Revelle. He served with the Navy in World War II. After the war he became the Director of the Scripps Oceanographic Institute in La Jolla in San Diego, California. Revelle saw the opportunity to obtain major funding from the Navy for doing measurements and research on the ocean around the Pacific Atolls where the US military was conducting atomic bomb tests. He greatly expanded the Institute’s areas of interest and among others hired Hans Suess, a noted Chemist from the University of Chicago, who was very interested in the traces of carbon in the environment from the burning of fossil fuels. Revelle tagged on to Suess studies and co-authored a paper with him in 1957. The paper raises the possibility that the carbon dioxide might be creating a greenhouse effect and causing atmospheric warming. It seems to be a plea for funding for more studies. Funding, frankly, is where Revelle’s mind was most of the time.

And, I am totally convinced there is no scientific basis for any of it.

Global Warming. It is the hoax. It is bad science. It is a high jacking of public policy. It is no joke. It is the greatest scam in history.

Really it doesnt matter we should take care of the planet we are on whether or not there is global warming. People do not pay attention to anything if their is not a consquence they can see assigned to the deed. We should do better for our kids and the future not just global warming.

Really it doesnt matter we should take care of the planet we are on whether or not there is global warming. People do not pay attention to anything if their is not a consquence they can see assigned to the deed. We should do better for our kids and the future not just global warming.

if you read the article you will see that we have been.....at least in the opinion of the author.....

as for me....all the buildings i design are green......my pool is solar heated and my elec is solar powered .... i compost all my green waste and recycle everthing else....grow my own vegatables and fruit and planted 11 trees on my property....all on 1/4 acre and a 1200 sq ft house.....my guilty pleasure is my targa.....at least i didn't fly to dc in a private jet to lie to congress the co2 is hazzard to life on earth.....

Manu, I applaud your lifestyle, as I deplore your ignorance.

What one actually does affects the world. What one thinks doesn't really have much of an effect on it. You might want to rethink calling someone ignorant who is doing exactly what you are advocating. Unless of course you are only advocating lip service.

Global Warming. It is the hoax. It is bad science. It is a high jacking of public policy. It is no joke. It is the greatest scam in history.

greatest scam in history ? don't be so naive. history is one giant scam.

yes CO2 is the EFFECT of global warming, not cause of it. Sun Spots are the cause.

i just don't see how its a bigger scam than lets say 9-11, War on Terror, Federal Reserve Act, Vietnam War or JUST ABOUT ANY PART OF HISTORY.

as long as top-down structured news media dominates the masses will continue to exist in absolute ignorance on all subjects.

Last edited:
yes CO2 is the EFFECT of global warming, not cause of it. Sun Spots are the cause.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Congratulations. That is the dumbest statement I've seen in a while. You actually believe that sunspots cause man to want to burn more fossil fuels.

Does the release of CO2 also cause combustion of fossil fuels, instead of the other way around?

It's another study by by scientists just as credible as those who support the hoax. It is based on science just as much as well. Seriously, no matter what it says, it is no less valid than the hoax supporters.

It's another study by by scientists just as credible as those who support the hoax. It is based on science just as much as well. Seriously, no matter what it says, it is no less valid than the hoax supporters.

Right, except that John Coleman isn't a scientist. He doesn't have a single degree in a science - not even a B.S. His training is in journalism and he made his career as a TV weatherman and businessman. He in fact has no scientific publications to speak of so I'm not sure what study you're even referring to.

Here are the only problems with that:

1. If there is nothing we can really do, then wasting the money and ruining our economy for this hoax will make life even worse for future generation.

2. If we cannot do anything then the money could be put more to helping humans adjust so we are killed off by it.

3. All work done to "help" the planet, which costs taxpayers a fortune every year, has done NOTHING to help the environment but has caused more damage than ever before.

Right, except that John Coleman isn't a scientist. He doesn't have a single degree in a science - not even a B.S. His training is in journalism and he made his career as a TV weatherman and businessman. He in fact has no scientific publications to speak of so I'm not sure what study you're even referring to.

You're point in no more valid either. The greatest minds in our world have had little to no education. Those with higher education tend to become more corrupt and study only so they can get more money, this makes their information suspect at best. If you did your own research on what these "green" methods actually do you'd probably want the scientists you have been listening to hung anyway because then you'd realize they are lying to you. Thing is, you don't want to know the scary truth, this global warming hoax is perpetuated because it's an easy dream, if we're the cause then we can fix it right? But if we are not really the cause, then we are actually doomed and will be forced to look for more difficult and complex solutions instead of just planting a few trees, taking a few cars off the road, etc. and sleeping easy. The nightmare isn't global warming, the nightmare is finding out that we can't to anything about climate change, and that frightens those of you who are not making huge profits at the expense of the taxpayers.

For one good example: Recycling causes more air pollution than coal power plants now.

1. If there is nothing we can really do, then wasting the money and ruining our economy for this hoax will make life even worse for future generation.

2. If we cannot do anything then the money could be put more to helping humans adjust so we are killed off by it.

3. All work done to "help" the planet, which costs taxpayers a fortune every year, has done NOTHING to help the environment but has caused more damage than ever before.

1) Who said there was nothing we can do?

2) See 1)

3) That's not even true. You just made that up. Environmental outlays are only a tiny fraction of the U.S. government's budget, the overwhelming majority of the budget is for the military and social services. And how exactly does not putting CFC's in the air "harm": the environment? Can you elaborate on that point? You said ALL work done to help the environment has actually harmed it, so maybe you can explain how laws reducing CFC release into the atmosphere actually hurts the planet.

2) See 1)

3) That's not even true. You just made that up. Environmental outlays are only a tiny fraction of the U.S. government's budget, the overwhelming majority of the budget is for the military and social services. And how exactly does not putting CFC's in the air "harm": the environment? Can you elaborate on that point? You said ALL work done to help the environment has actually harmed it, so maybe you can explain how laws reducing CFC release into the atmosphere actually hurts the planet.
you lack reading comprtehesion
didnt you see she said "IF"

2) See 1)

Really, DiveCon already pointed out your biggest mistake so I won't bother with that one.

Only a fraction? Our city puts millions into it alone, they are making more laws to force recycling and really stupid garbage regulations on people, then changing them every couple of months so they can try to collect "fines" for those who fail to catch up because they cannot afford it.

Now, for the kicker, the biggest folly I have seen from moronic environuts:

"And how exactly does not putting CFC's in the air "harm": the environment?"

Seriously .... you know so little about what you are so religiously following that this is just sad. The fight against CFC's was what started the environut movement, due to the fact that CFC chemically interacts with O3 (Ozone for the dolts). Ozone is what absorbs most of the solar radiation preventing us from turning into dried up husks on the ground or piles of ash. Not even sure where you got this gem from, but yeah, even us who are not envirnuts know that CFC's are a bad thing, because well, we like being able to enjoy the sun and so we were all for it. It's chemically proven, scientifically supported, and we know that we were using them far more than we needed. The switch from them actually proved to be cost effective even, those products which now use compressed air are cheaper to make and cheaper on the shelves. It was a wise move all around and cost the taxpayers a whopping total of: $0.

Forum List

Back