Al Gore recieves another award for his role in getting the internet up and running.

And whom did you connect to?
another computer at another phone number.
Some internet :)
If that. Most likely it was in a University or military setting.

Notice how he wants to confuse communication by modem with communicating over the internet.

Dishonest hack.

the internet worked wonderfully long before 1991. if anyone should get credit for the widespread use of the internet it's berners-lee, metcalfe and a bunch of folks i used to work with at bbn.

al gore helped write a check with someone else's money- not real impressive, imo.

The former Vice Presidents accomplisments not withstanding, you would be hard pressed to find anyone at DOD would might agree with the former VP on that little tidbit.

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), was the world's first operational packet switching network and the core network of a set that came to compose the global Internet. The network was funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the United States Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US. The packet switching of the ARPANET was based on designs by Lawrence Roberts of the Lincoln Laboratory.

ARPANET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't confuse liberals with the facts. They won't hear anything that goes against the teachings of the Church of Al Gore.

The original Republican propaganda on this was that Al Gore was so stupid he actually was trying to take credit for inventing the Internet. Of course, Al Gore never made any such claim. But that didn't (and still doesn't) stop the Republican Noise Machine, not in the least. Once the rumor was out there, that was good enough.

Now, when something appears which tells about the influence he DID have on the creation of the Internet (short of "inventing it"), the Right quickly rises to claim that he had NOTHING to do with the creation of the Internet.

Which is it?

One thing Al Gore should be commended for....
I know I know...I'm usually so critical of Libs,but I am a softy at heart...
Al Gore and Tipper Gore should be congratulated on a marriage that has stood
the test of time.They seemed so corny on stage back in the day when Clinton was nominated....
So Good for Al and Tipper gore and their marriage...
Good for you guys.So tonight after dinner you two should open up some good wine
and bask in the afterglow of a successful marriage.

So did he or didn't he invent the Internet?

He has never, ever claimed to have invented the internet. He certainly helped it along.

See my sig about sound bites. That is what you fall for. Just because Hannity and Limbaugh and Beck tell you that Al Gore claims to have invented the internet, doesn't mean he ever said that. He didn't. But he certainly was a champion of it legislatively. That is a fact and on the record. Instead of listening to conservative whackjobs, go online and look at the legislation that your house and senate pass. It's there in black and white...

Forum List

Back