Al Gore is now 'richer than Romney'

Gore is a smart guy, he helped push global warming as a real threat so he could make a huge profit. I bet he still contributes very little of his wealth to charity. He is one of the rich that don't believe in giving back.

Funny, we are at January 13th here in Chicago, and we have had less than one inch of snow all winter.

Average winter snowfall in Chicago is 39 inches.

Now unless Al Gore has Simon Bar Sinister's weather machine in his basement, I'm not sure how he "created" Global Warming as a threat to make money.

Seems like he's just the one pointing it out.

Well when Winter only started less than a month ago I think Chitown will catch up to its average pretty soon. We are sitting on over 200% of our normal snowpack here.

Well, we'll see. But frankly, Im old enough to remember the kinds of winters we had in the late 1970's. Snow so deep the shovelled sidewalks looked like trenches. And it often didn't all melt away until well into April. We voted a mayor out because he didn't get the streets cleaned up fast enough. (Mayor Michael Bilandic).

Here's the thing. This shouldn't be a partisan issue. Either the world is getting warmer because humans are responsible or it isn't.

But when you have one party that is so beholden to the industries that would be effected adversely if we did do smething about it, then the system has broken down.

Last edited:
And ya'll do realize that Qatar is an American ally, right?

And another "FYI" for those of you that have suddenly developed a deep caring about the global climate change we are currently experiencing...while Qatar does have the most pollution per capita, it is not the country with the most pollution.

A lot of the most polluted countries are in "oil rich" countries, but hey "drill baby drill".
The Worlds Most Polluted Countries

So?....We don't have that problem here nor will increased fracking, more off shore drilling, the kestone pipeline, and more drilling in Alasksa cause such a problem.
Fracking is already causing problems.

Where does Israel get it's energy?

What problems...be very specific...

Weather is an unpredictible animal with cyclical cycles that are tough to predict. I've had snow on the ground for nearly a month now at my place. That IS NOT normal. Maybe I should start a global cooling scheme.

Like I said there are suckers born everyday and your paranoid post is proof.

GLOBALLY, the temperatures have been getting warmer.

This was not a scheme by AL Gore to make himself rich. He was the first person to talk about the dangers of it.

Frankly, I used to be a skeptic, but you can't deny your own eyes on this sort of things.

This is the problem with letting big corporations have too much say in the political process. In a sane world, we'd have addressed this issue. But to many people are making money on the status quo...

No, they havn't. Even the UK's Met Office, which is a huge warmist group, had to admit that the GLOBAL temps have remained flat or trending cooler for the last 16 years. Get your facts straight.

You need to stop getting for facts from Hate Radio ,to start with.

2012 warmest year in US? Odds rise to 99.7 percent - U.S. News

Weather is an unpredictible animal with cyclical cycles that are tough to predict. I've had snow on the ground for nearly a month now at my place. That IS NOT normal. Maybe I should start a global cooling scheme.

Like I said there are suckers born everyday and your paranoid post is proof.

This was not a scheme by AL Gore to make himself rich. He was the first person to talk about the dangers of it.

Frankly, I used to be a skeptic, but you can't deny your own eyes on this sort of things.

This is the problem with letting big corporations have too much say in the political process. In a sane world, we'd have addressed this issue. But to many people are making money on the status quo...
"Temperatures in Australia this week hit the point where the Bureau of Meteorology had to invent a new color. And with heat and winds come Bushfires. So it's probably good that I made a real-time bushfire map with every known source of public data directly relating to fires in Australia, mostly because fire doesn't respect state borders."

Australia Is On So Much Fire, You Can See It From Orbit - Slashdot

It happens in Australia every year and the Australian climatologists are getting an even worse rap than Hansen for falsifying data.

Conservatives support our own energy production, and we have plenty. We don't need their Middle East terrorist oil. It's the liberal environmental nutjobs like Al Gore who dissuades and helps prevent us from producing our own domestic energy, then makes a ton of money off his fraud. Al Gore is a piece of shit.

Actually, it's more a matter of practicality.

Yeah, we could despoil the water and the air and the land trying to squeeze blood from a stone through Fracking or whatever other crap the oil companies try to get away with...

Or we could just buy it from the Arabs who pull it up out of the ground cheap.

The only time people start talking about "using our own resources" is when OPEC starts jacking around with the price... and then they cut it again, like a pusher keeping his junkie in line.

Of course, the Arabs wouldn't hassle us if we just let them push the Zionist Entity into the sea.
Yeah, why didn't the Germans think of that instead of land-based ovens!

Idiot!

No, they havn't. Even the UK's Met Office, which is a huge warmist group, had to admit that the GLOBAL temps have remained flat or trending cooler for the last 16 years. Get your facts straight.

You need to stop getting for facts from Hate Radio ,to start with.

2012 warmest year in US? Odds rise to 99.7 percent - U.S. News

Sure buddy boy. This is based on NOAA going back to historical data sets and running them through a new algorithm that cools the past history and warms the current data sets.

An intelligent person would wonder why scientists would go over 50 years into the past to alter data sets...unless it was to support their tales that the current temps are the warmest ever....

And you fools don't bat an eye...

Conservatives support our own energy production, and we have plenty. We don't need their Middle East terrorist oil. It's the liberal environmental nutjobs like Al Gore who dissuades and helps prevent us from producing our own domestic energy, then makes a ton of money off his fraud. Al Gore is a piece of shit.

Yeah, we could despoil the water and the air and the land trying to squeeze blood from a stone through Fracking or whatever other crap the oil companies try to get away with...

The only time people start talking about "using our own resources" is when OPEC starts jacking around with the price... and then they cut it again, like a pusher keeping his junkie in line.

Of course, the Arabs wouldn't hassle us if we just let them push the Zionist Entity into the sea.

Idiot!

So the Zionists were so upset about what the Nazis did, they did the same thing to the Palestinians?

The Zionists are like abused children who've gotten big enough to beat up on someone else. When they do that, they kind of lose sympathy....

[

Sure buddy boy. This is based on NOAA going back to historical data sets and running them through a new algorithm that cools the past history and warms the current data sets.

An intelligent person would wonder why scientists would go over 50 years into the past to alter data sets...unless it was to support their tales that the current temps are the warmest ever....

So all these scientists are in on a vast conspiracy, to accomplish, what, exactly?

What's their motivation? What's in it for them.

On the other hand, the Coal and Oil industries DO have an ulterior motive for climate change denial.

Their products would be less in demand if we got serious about fuel efficiency, mass transit, and green energy.

There is a good reason for re-examining that 50 year old data- It probably wasn't very comprehensive. THere were places in the world where you probably weren't getting data from.

Idiot!

So the Zionists were so upset about what the Nazis did, they did the same thing to the Palestinians?

The Zionists are like abused children who've gotten big enough to beat up on someone else. When they do that, they kind of lose sympathy....
You been had, bud. The Anti-Israelis you are speaking of regularly raid the morgues for dead children and parade their bodies at 30 different photo ops apiece. When will you grow up and smell the coffee ground at the oldest con game countries in the history of the world? :rolleyes:

Al Gore the con-man now richer than Romney:eusa_shhh:

gore_s640x460.jpg

Someone finally has done all the math on the recent sale of Al Gore's Current TV to the Arabic language channel Al-Jazeera for $500 million. Jobs were lost, buzz created, employees angered, but the former vice president had little to say about it. He did walk away with a reported $100 million — a tidy sum for a man who had less that $2 million in assets when he ran for president more than a dozen years ago, says Forbes magazine.

"Taking into account taxes to be paid on the deal, possible earlier debt and the fact that Gore's representatives declined to comment, Forbes conservatively estimates the former vice president's net worth to be at least $300 million, making him wealthier than unsuccessful Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney," says Ryan Mac, a Forbes analyst.

"Last May, Forbes estimated Romney's net worth to be around $230 million," he adds.

Mr. Gore founded Current TV with much ado six years ago, and he even anchored its presidential election coverage last fall. But apparently, news and public affairs are no longer his calling. Now 64, Mr. Gore remains a board member of Apple, a senior adviser on "green issues" for Google and chairman of Generation Investment Management, a firm dedicated to an "investment philosophy that integrates sustainability research with rigorous fundamental equity analysis," according to its website. He continues to complain about global warming issues.
He's in the infotainment biz! :rolleyes:

Crime does not pay.... but Washington's changed all that!

Idiot!

You been had, bud. The Anti-Israelis you are speaking of regularly raid the morgues for dead children and parade their bodies at 30 different photo ops apiece. When will you grow up and smell the coffee ground at the oldest con game countries in the history of the world? :rolleyes:

I'm sure if I take my anti-nasua pills, I could find some Holocaust denial websites, too.

Amnesty International and just about every other human rights group has documented Israel's human rights abuses against the Palestinians.

More to the point, If I lived in a place where my neighbors hated me so much I had to constantly use violence to keep them in line and they were strapping bombs onto their kids to try to blow me up, I'd move somewhere else.

Oh, wait, God gave them that land...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIdCsMufIY]This Land Is Mine - YouTube[/ame]

Indeed! I wonder why Al Jazeera felt they needed to pay him so much money for a TV station that has fewer than 100,000 viewers? What service were they pre-paying for?

You have a problem with a private transaction in the Free Market?

Do tell.

It’s liberals who have a problem with it, except for themselves. Al Gore is a hypocrite, a swindler, and a snake oil salesmen who profits off of his fraud

“He has no credibility. He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls---ter sells to the emir?”

The displeasure with Gore among the staff was thick enough to cut with a scimitar.

What "liberals"?

You guys ever even watch Al Jazeera?

Although it's "Arab Centric" it's pretty much like the BBC. And far less subjective then CNN America.

I'm sure if I take my anti-nasua pills, I could find some Holocaust denial websites, too.

Amnesty International and just about every other human rights group has documented Israel's human rights abuses against the Palestinians.

More to the point, If I lived in a place where my neighbors hated me so much I had to constantly use violence to keep them in line and they were strapping bombs onto their kids to try to blow me up, I'd move somewhere else.

Oh, wait, God gave them that land...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIdCsMufIY"]This Land Is Mine - YouTube[/ame]

The Israelis owned more deeded land than anyone else in Israel in and before 1948. The others refused to accept their own land, because they wanted it all, even the majority of property they did not own. There was a short war in 1948, and the Israelis won.

Throughout ancient and modern times, every nation that currently exists, exists on account of a predator nation entering the nation/tribal grounds and sugjugating or brutally decimating the population and expropriating all lands to their ownership.

All of a sudden Israel and only Israel must give up her land she took due to butt-dragging of their opponents when everyone pointing fingers rests on a society that at one time or another engaged in bitter disputes over their lands they conquered and "civilized."

That dog just doesn't hunt.

I'm wondering what the anger is here...

Al Gore did what you guys said was a virtue when Romney did it. He took a company up from nothing, and sold it at a good profit when it couldn't make its money back on its own.

If Al Jarzerra wants to piss away 300 million dollars in the money they take away from us on a station no one is going to watch, I don't see the problem.

Actually, I do not have a problem with it as most here also do not. The facts is though, YOU had a fucking major problem with Romney because he did what Gore did. Now you seem to be all right with these actions, supportive even. That is hypocritical bullshit. I don't mind gore making money. I also did not mind Romney making money but Romney was the face of evil for the left and the one thing they focused on the MOST: the fact that he made so much money.

Gore's making money usually didn't involve thousands of working people losing their jobs.

Romney went into places like AmPad, GS STeel, and so on, with the intent of looting it for whatever money they could for their investors. He went into something someone else had built, and picked the meat off the bones. And if there were guys like Joe Soptic whose wife died of cancer because Romney cancelled their health insurance, well, boo-hoo.

It seems to me that Gore really wanted to make CurrentTV work. Probably foolish in these days of corporate media that we could make something independent work, but hey, he tried. And when it didn't, he found a buyer who gave him a good price for it.

^ Case in point.
You are the one that is pissed at anyone on the right making money while giving those on the left a pass. Never mind that your claims are completely false (as been proven in other threads) you are projecting when you made the first statement.

Not surprising as you are a hypocritical hack.

[

So all these scientists are in on a vast conspiracy, to accomplish, what, exactly?

On the other hand, the Coal and Oil industries DO have an ulterior motive for climate change denial.

Their products would be less in demand if we got serious about fuel efficiency, mass transit, and green energy.

There is a good reason for re-examining that 50 year old data- It probably wasn't very comprehensive. THere were places in the world where you probably weren't getting data from.

Are you really that stupid? It's called FOLLOW THE MONEY! A small group of politicians and crappy scientists are trying to make hundreds of billions of dollars off of this scam. And you, you're too stupid to figure it out.

Take a look at real science someday. It is not based on correlation (which is all AGW theory has, and now that research has shown that CO2 levels increase hundreds of years AFTER warming has occured they don't even have that) it is based on observations and data sets accumulated over time. The whole AGW fraud is based on computer models.

Ask yourself a simple question, why, oh why do they allways have to change the name when what they predicted would occur doesn't. Why do they claim both sides of any prediction? In other words they have claimed that AGW will cause no snow to fall in winter, now they claim the opposite....that makes their whole theory un-testable, which makes it fraudulent.

Go ahead look up UN-TESTABLE HYPOTHESIS...I dare you.

The FACTS are a global warming lying nut sold his company to rich people that made their riches via OIL.....rich people that support islamic terrorists against the US and it allies.

Liberal scum like swallow's response to pointing out the hypocrisy and the stupidity is that we are so-called jealous of algore and don't support capitalism.

Scum like swallow defending algore violating everything he stood for just shows we will never be able to change the demented mind of a liberal.

Great post!
Cons support Oil at every turn, while scoffing at the idea of alternative energy.
WTF

When I can buy a car that has windmills mounted on it that give me the flexibility of a gas engine, or when a car using solar energy can run on a cloudy day as reliably as a car with gas engine, or when an electric car can be ready for another 400 miles after the battery runs empty as quickly as a gas engine car after tanking up, maybe then I will stop at scoffing at the Don Quoxiote pipe-dreams of so-called alternate energy.

Oh tell us asswipe....

algore sold his TV network to oil barrons that are also islamic terrorist supporters.....spin it, asswipe.

The FACTS are a global warming lying nut sold his company to rich people that made their riches via OIL.....rich people that support islamic terrorists against the US and it allies.

Liberal scum like swallow's response to pointing out the hypocrisy and the stupidity is that we are so-called jealous of algore and don't support capitalism.

Scum like swallow defending algore violating everything he stood for just shows we will never be able to change the demented mind of a liberal.

Great post!

no it wasn't , but then again you're retarded so you wouldn't know a good post if it got shoved up your ass.

I'm wondering what the anger is here...

Al Gore did what you guys said was a virtue when Romney did it. He took a company up from nothing, and sold it at a good profit when it couldn't make its money back on its own.

If Al Jarzerra wants to piss away 300 million dollars in the money they take away from us on a station no one is going to watch, I don't see the problem.

Mitt Romney never knowingly supported sworn enemy of the United States as Al Gore has with this action of his. He refused an offer from a fellow American (Glen Beck) on ideological grounds, so don't compare Mitt Romney's for-profit activities to Al Gore's treasonous activity.

If Jerry Falwell sold his "Bible franchise" in VA to George Soros so he could do whatever he wanted with it like shut it down.....I wonder if these same stupid fuck liberals would keep quiet about Falwell being a conservative sellout for money.

[

So science, that gets research money from the government is going to say everything is great, we need no more money for this research.

Forum List

Back