Al Gore is a friggin' FRAUD!.....And all the poof necessary is in this lil' exchange!

Perhaps I didn't articulate the point well.

Monckton's arguments aren't based on ideology. Open your mind, and check him out on the Beck rerun, then come back and comment from the perspective of one informed.

You're saying that 1.) you don't even want to hear from him and 2.) You don't WANT he and Gore to debate?

You believe there's some harm in either?

I'm not saying either. I have quite the open mind. However, if I wanted to listen to a failed politician speak what is probably bullshit about the environment, I would actually listen to Al Gore in the first place.

I want to hear what scientists say on this issue, ones not clouded by their politics.

Him and Gore debating has no real merit to it. They can debate all they want. But don't expect me to take either seriously.

Last edited:
Right. Climate science has been so soiled by politics it's simply amazing. IMO, Gore has done so much damage to climate science that some folks don't even consider it a science. And that is not the case - it's just young and interdisciplinary, thus going through growing pains, greatly exacerbated by that hack, Gore. Dogbert is clueless.

And, as all science requires critical thinking as a fundamental approach, Mockton is at least better than a politician for a debate.

You realize that just nodding your head while just trying to take a cheap shot at me adds nothing to the conversation. Just trying to pad that post count huh? :eusa_eh:

Right. Climate science has been so soiled by politics it's simply amazing. IMO, Gore has done so much damage to climate science that some folks don't even consider it a science. And that is not the case - it's just young and interdisciplinary, thus going through growing pains, greatly exacerbated by that hack, Gore. Dogbert is clueless.

And, as all science requires critical thinking as a fundamental approach, Mockton is at least better than a politician for a debate.

You realize that just nodding your head while just trying to take a cheap shot at me adds nothing to the conversation. Just trying to pad that post count huh? :eusa_eh:
Your clueless input is very irrelevant. Or, do you fancy yourself as knowing a thing about critical thinking and the sciences?

Your clueless input is very irrelevant. Or, do you fancy yourself as knowing a thing about critical thinking and the sciences?

Except my input is not irrelevant nor clueless. Just because you're an uppity bitch still pissed off about our conversation the other night doesn't mean your points have anymore value.

I know about critical thinking and the sciences. I'm using critical thinking here, you're dabbling in politics.

Except my input is not irrelevant nor clueless. Just because you're an uppity bitch still pissed off about our conversation the other night doesn't mean your points have anymore value.

I know about critical thinking and the sciences. I'm using critical thinking here, you're dabbling in politics.
You haven't even a clue as to what I am discussing. You and Gore are pretty much the same in that regard, only he is much more clever in his rhetoric.

You haven't even a clue as to what I am discussing. You and Gore are pretty much the same in that regard, only he is much more clever in his rhetoric.

I have a clue alright. You seem to not to be reading my points and this thread at all. But what else is new? Keep on just dabbling in personal attacks and padding that post count of yours. Maybe you can feel special if you surpass the majority of the board within a year at the rate you're going.

This Man Made Global Warming, or Climate Change, which ever way the wind blows with the names, is not about science at all. It is about politics, power, and greed. This is what the whole thing is about. When they first came out with the word "consensus", that was bs. The United Nations cherry picked through thousands of studies and used something like 900 to get their consensus. That's not consensus, that's what is known as an agenda. The reason.....guess which nation is going to have to pay the big bucks in the world? Yeah, I knew you would get the answer. Note, I did say nation, and not nations, right? There will be a few corporations that reap the lions share of the windfall, like GE...you know it's one that Al Gore owns quite a bit of stock in. Plus, GE paid some hard cash for the Obama campaign...it goes on and on, but at the end of the day, our economy would be pretty much tanked, and not 1/100th of a degree will come off the thermometer.

I have a clue alright. ....
Then demonstrate that you DO have a clue, don't just type that you do. That requires zero thought, and not even close to any critical thought.

.... You seem to not to be reading my points and this thread at all. ....
I read them. They have nothing to do with any critical thought.
.... But what else is new? ....
So true as is so often in your case.

.... Keep on just dabbling in personal attacks and padding that post count of yours. Maybe you can feel special if you surpass the majority of the board within a year at the rate you're going.
Exactly my point - no critical thought from you at all - just more irrelevance.

Try posting something that requires some of that critical thought you claim you have. You might actually be believed.

I'm not saying either. I have quite the open mind.
You belie that comment with your next statement, showing it's actually quite the opposite:
if I wanted to listen to a failed politician speak what is probably bullshit about the environment, I would actually listen to Al Gore in the first place.
Instead of listening to what they have to say, and either agreeing with it or debunking it factually, your first instinct is to find some reason -- any reason -- to dismiss out of hand. This is very lazy and sloppy intellectually, and is another really hard habit to break which you're acquiring very early in life.
Him and Gore debating has no real merit to it. They can debate all they want. But don't expect me to take either seriously.
^^^ How open minded of you. NOT.

Gore is the figurehead -- like it or not -- of the AGW movement. He's been challenged, for years, to debate Lord Monckton. Why doesn't he do so? Is he hiding behind Ivory Tower elitism? Is he cowering behind cheap dismissal of the opponent?

"Who are we to debate this" is really stupid. We are thinking, rational people. A thinking, rational person has challenged Al Gore to a debate. And he gets a pass from you because you dismiss them both?

Again, what would be the harm? You believe you have nothing at all to learn from these men and from such a debate? Do you yet see the hubris of your position?

There would be no harm in watching and I'm sure I'd learn a few things. However, I'd rather see real scientists debate this instead of people who just play them on television.

I'm going to recommend that you don't try to advise me on what habits of mine that I have and do not have. You seem to think I'm just dismissing the rightie in this case, I'm not. Why would I want to listen to a hypocrite like Gore?

You just want to see them debate because you believe that Gore will be smashed. You don't want to see this debate to learn anything from it, you already believe you know all the facts. The whole idea of "ivory tower elitism" is hilarious considering the fact that these two think that they are real scientists and know better than real scientists is exactly that.

You seem to be missing my point. I'm quite open minded. However, I'm not going to throw my hat in this whole global warming argument. Why? Because I haven't had the time to study the issue as much as I'd like to. I'm not about to listen to two men who have agendas behind presenting their case. I'd like to hear from people who have no such agendas if possible.

But what I do know is that pollution can not be avoided. However, in large amounts, it can ruin water supply, air supply, and make people's live spans shorten because of it. It'd be nice if we could take Japan's approach and be eco-friendly simply because pollution has plenty of obvious effects. However, in the land where everything is super-sized, that's going to happen about as likely as Hell having snow tomorrow.

I don't believe we should end industry nor do I believe that we should allow them to just throw all their waste into the rivers. The planet at the end of the day is fine, we're the ones who would be fucked.

Edit: So after that post, am I still "close-minded" and "wrong" in your eyes there MM?

Last edited:
YouTube - Al Gore once again exposed as disingenuous fraud
I post this now because Lord Monckton went on Glenn Beck today and fully discredited both Gores and the enviro-nazis claims. He even made an impassioned plea to Gore to debate him before the world. He's been trying to get Gore to debate him for quite some time. Of course Gore abjectly refuses. He's such a liberal pussy!

ALL of you should check out the rerun of Beck this evening. It was classic television to be sure. But, if not, i'll be back with the Youtube next week!

Glenn Beck is a smurf. The only thing "classic' about Beck is his ignorance. He's a puppet for Faux news. You people are just too dumbed down to realize that fact. :cuckoo:

YouTube - Al Gore once again exposed as disingenuous fraud
I post this now because Lord Monckton went on Glenn Beck today and fully discredited both Gores and the enviro-nazis claims. He even made an impassioned plea to Gore to debate him before the world. He's been trying to get Gore to debate him for quite some time. Of course Gore abjectly refuses. He's such a liberal pussy!

ALL of you should check out the rerun of Beck this evening. It was classic television to be sure. But, if not, i'll be back with the Youtube next week!

Glenn Beck is a smurf. The only thing "classic' about Beck is his ignorance. He's a puppet for Faux news. You people are just too dumbed down to realize that fact. :cuckoo:
Props to you for completely missing the point.

There would be no harm in watching and I'm sure I'd learn a few things. However, I'd rather see real scientists debate this instead of people who just play them on television.
Monckton doesn't "play scientist." Although I didn't want to spoil it, here's a basic rundown of what he did on Beck's show yesterday:

He starts by assuming for the sake of argument that the IPCC's conclusions and more importantly, their numbers are correct.

Using their numbers -- their projections for the future PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere unless we greatly reduce our fossil fuel combustion -- he proved, mathematically, that even if ALL mankind, ALL countries, stopped burning ALL fossill fuels we wouldn't make any difference at all in global tempatures for at least 33 years. This is based on their own numbers now, not ones he pulled out of thin air. Think about that. Their own numbers show AGW is a farce!

He then went to a little slide show that showed us eight computer-generated graphs which have been produced by various scientific bodies and/or scientists, all peer reviewed, which ALL show the amount of radiation (heat) escaping from the atmosphere into space is greatly reduced by CO2 in the atmosphere. These are all based on computer models, not actual measurements and are projected backwards over 20 years.

He then shows us a graph that shows just the opposite -- MORE radiation escaping into space over the same period the other graphs showed, the last 20 years. How is this possible?

Turns out the second graph is from a climate scientist who actually, patiently took measurements over the 20 years, and wound up producing that graph from actual data, also peer reviewed.

You don't have to be a scientist to understand a scam. You don't have to be a scientist to take down a house of cards by pulling a couple from the bottom.

The noise of "he's not a scientist" and "he's not peer reviewed" is simply a tool to attempt to squelch debate and stamp out honest questions.

al-gore-academy-awards.jpg

he Nobel Prize is about the best award an adult can get. It's the blue ribbon, it's the gold star, it means - you're #1.

Why did he win this award you ask?

No, it's not because of his movie, or his book about global warming, it's because of his relentless pursuit to spread the knowledge of global warming, his personal crusade and effort to get something done about it.

Where some talk, Al Gore takes action.
Where some doubt, Al Gore proves them wrong.
When others refute, Al Gore moves on.

The evidence is overwhelming, he would say.

While it doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree with him, all I know is he is a very cool person for all his efforts to help protect our precious earth for the children of tomorrow.

Come on don't be so hard on ole Al Bore. After all,he did "Create" the Internet no? Well ok he didn't create the Internet but he did create the world's largest Doomsday Cult. The Global Warming fanatics are clearly losing steam at this point. More & more common sense thinking people are beginning to call them on their hysterical fear mongering B.S. This is why they have shifted their fear mongering propaganda from "Global Warming" to Climate Change. They screech that stuff as if they're the first ones to discover that the Planet undergoes Climate Change. Like no chit,of course the Planet undergoes Climate Change. Duh! More Carbon Dioxide really wont be the death of us all. The Sun's activities are the main cause of Climate Change here on Earth. More & more credible Scientists who are not pushing a political agenda are coming to this logical conclusion. So just tell Al Bore to quit all the hysterical Fear Mongering. People aren't buying it anymore.

Last edited:
he Nobel Prize is about the best award an adult can get. It's the blue ribbon, it's the gold star, it means - you're #1.

Why did he win this award you ask?

No, it's not because of his movie, or his book about global warming, it's because of his relentless pursuit to spread the knowledge of global warming, his personal crusade and effort to get something done about it.

Where some talk, Al Gore takes action.
Where some doubt, Al Gore proves them wrong.
When others refute, Al Gore moves on.

The evidence is overwhelming, he would say.

While it doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree with him, all I know is he is a very cool person for all his efforts to help protect our precious earth for the children of tomorrow.

Yet, al gore only preaches how others should live their life...not how he lives his life.
Because of that, you are a naive Kool Aid drinker

Last edited:
Al Gore is insignificant. I see no harm in him running around taking money from environmentalists and liberal hangers-on. Cap and trade is the problem. Focus on that.

Forum List

Back