Al Gore endorses Dean

Originally posted by Aquarian
My point was not about the election results themselves, but rather the number of americans that supported Gore and are therefore likely to be influenced by his endorsement.
Endorsement from Gore helps Dean with dems who worry he is unelectable. I think your right, Aquarian.

jimnyc, sorry, but i must have missed your respnse when i replied. I guess I didn't make it clear in the original post, but the reason why I've lost all faith in the democrats is because they didn't even bother to fight off the terrible decision by bringing charges against him. When you get to that high of level in the government there is no real justice, in other words, he won't be tried as a common american like you and I would. Look at what happened to Clinton, the a$$ lied under oath and had no penalty brought against him, whereas we would definitely be charged.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Look at what happened to Clinton, the a$$ lied under oath and had no penalty brought against him, whereas we would definitely be charged.

No penalty for lying under oath? Are you sure about that one? You may want to research his law license a little further.

But he was never faced with any jail time!!!! Do you honestly believe that losing that license was humiliating enough to call off any further punishment?

Oh ok, change your stance now! You stated NO PENALTY WAS BROUGHT AGAINST HIM! It was, you were wrong. Why haven't any charges been leveled against Bush?

Originally posted by jimnyc
Oh ok, change your stance now! You stated NO PENALTY WAS BROUGHT AGAINST HIM! It was, you were wrong. Why haven't any charges been leveled against Bush?
I don't think Bill Clinton was considering practicing law, Jim. The loss of his liscence may represent no harm to him so in a narrow technical sense I think PJs' point can be maintained. Does anybody know what the criminal penalty was for lying to a grand jury in a civil action? That's the charge he avoided.

I guess I should tell you that you should "get over" the taking away of the license and I would win the argument, but I've never been the one to take the easy way out. I can even prove Clinton was above the law with this: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=13170

The law states that he should have lost his license immediately, and should have been faced with jail time with large fines. Did he get charged with lying under oath? It would appear not.

Why haven't any charges been leveled against Bush?

Getting back to the real argument, I think a huge part of it is corruption. The Senators and Congressmen want to cover their asses, if one can get tried like an average person then that means that they can too, and they don't want that. That is why Bush isn't charged.

Originally posted by dijetlo
I don't think Bill Clinton was considering practicing law, Jim. The loss of his liscence may represent no harm to him so in a narrow technical sense I think PJs' point can be maintained. Does anybody know what the criminal penalty was for lying to a grand jury in a civil action? That's the charge he avoided.

So when a rich person gets a fine levied for breaking the law, does that mean they weren't penalized since it didn't affect them in the slightest bit? He WAS penalized, just not as severe as he deserved.

I guess I should tell you that you should "get over" the taking away of the license and I would win the argument, but I've never been the one to take the easy way out. I can even prove Clinton was above the law with this: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=13170

Extremely weak argument! All that proves is that HE DID have his license removed, just not immediately. How did that make him above the law? So if someone gets pulled over for a DUI and their license doesn't get revoked for another 2 months, that means they got away with it?

Getting back to the real argument, I think a huge part of it is corruption. The Senators and Congressmen want to cover their asses, if one can get tried like an average person then that means that they can too, and they don't want that. That is why Bush isn't charged.

So all the senators and congressmen (democrats and republicans alike) conveniently decided not to pursue charges? Every last one of them is in on this conspiracy? If not all of them, can you point me to where those did speak out with the "proof" you have provided. Thanks, I'll be waiting!

I'm getting the feeling I'm talking to a wall. A penalty is defined as bringing a hardship onto a person, having his license taken away is by no means a hardship.

Extremely weak argument! All that proves is that HE DID have his license removed, just not immediately. How did that make him above the law? So if someone gets pulled over for a DUI and their license doesn't get revoked for another 2 months, that means they got away with it?

The fact it didn't get taken away immediately is sort of the point. That article is but a trifle of the corruption that takes place every day. You are an idiot if you don't think they are all looking out for one another! How many people got fired after 9/11?None. How many people got fired after Bush said in his speech that there was a nuclear threat in Iraq? None. Today it was discovered that Newsweek talked to the messanger of UBL, showing that the magazine news week has better human intelligence than all of the CIA!!!!!!!!! And again, how many people were fired, 0. Yes, Democrats and Republicans conveniently decide not to pursue charges.

I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.;)

I'm getting the feeling I'm talking to a wall. A penalty is defined as bringing a hardship onto a person, having his license taken away is by no means a hardship.

Sorry, wrong again! Penalty is defined as "punishment established by law or authority for a crime". Whether or not the punishment fits the crims is another story, but he WAS penalized.

The fact it didn't get taken away immediately is sort of the point. That article is but a trifle of the corruption that takes place every day.

I think they were a little lenient with the President of the USA. It was fully investigated and he was ultimately punished. Not only by our court system, but by congress as well.

You are an idiot if you don't think they are all looking out for one another!

That's the last time you'll be calling me an idiot - 'nuff said.

How many people got fired after 9/11?None. How many people got fired after Bush said in his speech that there was a nuclear threat in Iraq? None.

Who should have been fired, and why?

Today it was discovered that Newsweek talked to the messanger of UBL, showing that the magazine news week has better human intelligence than all of the CIA!!!!!!!!!

That's called an interview, not intelligence. What new evidence did the reporter find out and how has it assisted in national security?

And again, how many people were fired, 0. Yes, Democrats and Republicans conveniently decide not to pursue charges.

So first it was the administration behind all of it, now your saying it's the entire government? LOL

I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.

Long enough for such disappointing "proof". What we have here is good 'ol fashioned horseshit without one bit of proof at all. Thanks for trying though, your efforts haven't gone unrecognized.:laugh:

Stealing is a criminal act, what charges have been brought forth as a result of this theft?

I went to dictionary.com incase you wanna check it out for yourself....

Stealing:
1. To take (the property of another) without right or permission.

2. To get or effect surreptitiously or artfully: steal a kiss; stole the ball from an opponent.

Don't you just love our English language jim... I would believe Palestinian Jew was using definition #2 there when he said
I think that you are forgetting that Bush STOLE the election, and Mr.Gore should be president

Yes, Reagan's appointed justices gave the presidential seat to Bush 5-4, although Al Gore had the majority of Americans behind him. Those judges obviously didn't see it the way MOST Americans did. Why get over this? Well the reason most of us can't get over it is because all of our complaints with Bush start with the fraudulant election. GET OVER IT? I'm still not over the OJ Simpson trial and verdict.

As Palestinian Jew said the US presidency is
the most powerful position in the world
and I am mad because we have a war mongering president who's solution to everything is to "hunt 'em down"... Gotta love his english skills!

Play around with my words all you want, you seem to be better at twisting people's words and points than giving any points of your own...

First, I think it is hard to carry on a debate with you as you have a lot of trouble seeing points that other people make.

Secondly, I looked in a dictionary for my definition, but really, who the hell cares about the punishment BS. I think that most people here would say that he wasn't punished for breaking the law.

That's the last time you'll be calling me an idiot - 'nuff said.

I am beginning to doubt that.

Who should have been fired, and why?

I seriously hope that you do not believe that no one should have been fired. I think Tenet should be immediately removed and a new head of the CIA put in place to handle its affairs. I have no way of knowing who screwed things up, Bush has kept that tightly sealed.

That's called an interview, not intelligence. What new evidence did the reporter find out and how has it assisted in national security?

The CIA would love to get their hands on this guy, but they can't find him. But surprise, surprise, a magazine, not the CIA, has found UBL's messanger. It doesn't matter one bit what new evidence was found, just the mere fact that newsweek found the man while the CIA can't. And yes, the actual part of finding the guy is the intelligence.

So first it was the administration behind all of it, now your saying it's the entire government? LOL

I don't recall saying it was just the admin, I began making the argument that the whole gov was screwed up. You're the one that questioned why dems and repubs did nothing and i believe i made a sufficient answer.

If you want I'll come up with more examples of blatant corruption w/o any sort of punishment. What exactly would you consider proof?

Don't you just love our English language jim... I would believe Palestinian Jew was using definition #2 there when he said

Wow, your very first post on the board and you know exactly what other members are thinking already!

Yes, Reagan's appointed justices gave the presidential seat to Bush 5-4, although Al Gore had the majority of Americans behind him. Those judges obviously didn't see it the way MOST Americans did. Why get over this? Well the reason most of us can't get over it is because all of our complaints with Bush start with the fraudulant election. GET OVER IT? I'm still not over the OJ Simpson trial and verdict.

Another member of the tinfoil hat club!! :laugh:

"Well the reason most of us can't get over it"

Hate to break the news to you buddy, there's just a handful of whiners left holding onto 3 year old news. Do you stay up at night losing sleep over this too? LOL

and I am mad because we have a war mongering president who's solution to everything is to "hunt 'em down"... Gotta love his english skills!

The least you could do is formulate proper English sentences when criticizing anothers English. :D

And if he is a "war mongering president", how do you explain no action thus far against North Korea?

Play around with my words all you want, you seem to be better at twisting people's words and points than giving any points of your own...

This is rich, one post on the board and you are claiming to be an expert on all of my posts. Lift that rock back up and crawl back under.

First, I think it is hard to carry on a debate with you as you have a lot of trouble seeing points that other people make.

I see your points, I just think they are ludicrous and have no merit whatsoever.

Secondly, I looked in a dictionary for my definition, but really, who the hell cares about the punishment BS. I think that most people here would say that he wasn't punished for breaking the law.

He was, and I highly doubt that you'll find anybody to say otherwise, unless they want to be wrong too. Look, you may not think the punishment was harsh enough for the crime, but IT WAS PUNISHMENT! There's no way around that.

I am beginning to doubt that.

Oh, I'm not. I wouldn't suggest doing it again. Your choice though!

I seriously hope that you do not believe that no one should have been fired. I think Tenet should be immediately removed and a new head of the CIA put in place to handle its affairs. I have no way of knowing who screwed things up, Bush has kept that tightly sealed.

You keep on believing that, I just disagree.

The CIA would love to get their hands on this guy, but they can't find him. But surprise, surprise, a magazine, not the CIA, has found UBL's messanger. It doesn't matter one bit what new evidence was found, just the mere fact that newsweek found the man while the CIA can't. And yes, the actual part of finding the guy is the intelligence.

Then point us to a link showing that the reporter used intelligence to find this person.

I don't recall saying it was just the admin, I began making the argument that the whole gov was screwed up. You're the one that questioned why dems and repubs did nothing and i believe i made a sufficient answer.

You may think so, but I disagree.

If you want I'll come up with more examples of blatant corruption w/o any sort of punishment. What exactly would you consider proof?

I have no doubt that there is plenty of corruption in the government, but we weren't discussing that. We were discussing Clinto "not being punished" - and he was.

This is rich, one post on the board and you are claiming to be an expert on all of my posts. Lift that rock back up and crawl back under.

I'm not claiming to be anything.. You are throwing in your own words AGAIN.

Hate to break the news to you buddy, there's just a handful of whiners left holding onto 3 year old news. Do you stay up at night losing sleep over this too? LOL

If you must know... I lose no sleep, but then again, this isn't about me.. it's about our president.

The least you could do is formulate proper English sentences when criticizing anothers English.

Again this isn't about me.. I'm not the president, why does my english have to be "formulated" to argue with a few tards on these messageboards?

And if he is a "war mongering president", how do you explain no action thus far against North Korea?

Politics are too much for partisan minds to grasp... (Just for you dear jim)

This is my last post.. have fun dissecting it Jim.

Good Night,
Ferdinand

I think this all started with me saying that Gore's support would help Dean, now it has turned into this thing about Clinton being punished.

The only thing I would further like to debate you on, that hasn't come to a standstill, is that people should be fired for incompetence.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You keep on believing that, I just disagree.

3,000 americans were killed by something that should not have happened. it can only be described as incompetence that got those innocent people killed, but you believe the guy that is the head of it all has no responsiblity to take the blame for his failure.

Obviously there isn't a link to the intelligence, that would be giving away sources, something the industry doesn't take lightly.

I'm not claiming to be anything.. You are throwing in your own words AGAIN.

Again? How can it be "again" when it was my first time ever responding to you?

If you must know... I lose no sleep, but then again, this isn't about me.. it's about our president.

That's good to hear! He's our president, and most likely will be for the next 5 years. Will we be hearing about his theft again in November of '04?

Again this isn't about me.. I'm not the president, why does my english have to be "formulated" to argue with a few tards on these messageboards?

"tards"? This is your first and final warning if you plan on continuing to post here.

I just figured you may want to at least show a 'flash' of intelligence when laughing at anothers English skills. You don't have to though, your perogative!

Politics are too much for partisan mind to grasp...

Would you like to retype that in "English" this time?

3,000 americans were killed by something that should not have happened. it can only be described as incompetence that got those innocent people killed, but you believe the guy that is the head of it all has no responsiblity to take the blame for his failure.

3,000 Americans were killed at the hands of terrorists. Did you forget so quickly who was flying those planes? It was not the fault of anyone's incompetence.

This is my last post.. have fun dissecting it Jim.

Nothing there worth dissecting, it's all jibberish. Do you think you made a point by coming to the board to rile me and throw a few cracks at Bush? You'll need to do a little better than that, your 2 whole posts were rather amateurish. Have a wonderful night!

New Topics

Forum List

Back