Al Gore: Climate-Change Fight Like Battle Against Nazis

:confused:

Are you stupid or just being controversial?
Actually, he's right.

Actually, about what?

Neither of these idiots have ever been right about much in their whole lives. Churchill was a much larger than life figure, with faults and strenghs to match. On the whole, he did more good than bad, and inspired a nation in it's darkest and most desperate hour. That is the opinion this American has of him.

Actually, he's right.

Actually, about what?

Neither of these idiots have ever been right about much in their whole lives. Churchill was a much larger than life figure, with faults and strenghs to match. On the whole, he did more good than bad, and inspired a nation in it's darkest and most desperate hour. That is the opinion this American has of him.

Quite right. Despite being voted the Greatest Ever Briton, Churchill was no saint and made a lot of mistakes.

Ruthless? Certainly.
Ego maniac? I think so.
Publicity hunter? No doubt.
Domineering? Completely.
Naive? In many things.

But I have a problem with the non specific nature of "murderous, inbred asswipe". :lol:

If he's right, the war against NAZIism will be a picnic compared to what we're facing.

If he's wrong, then this statement is nothing more than hyperbole

Well holy shit. It doesn't happen very often, but once in a blue moon Old Rocks and I will agree on something climate related. :clap2:

True. I have no idea whether climate change is the threat Gore makes it out to be, or whether it is being completely overblown.

But I have seen instances in other fields where scientific opinion was all pointing in one direction and where scientists have been reliant on funding from groups that are happy to see their opinion keep pointing the same way.

When all opinion to the contrary (some from scientists who knowingly stake their careers on taking up a controversial position) is shouted down I tend to become very suspicious. Doesn't make me right though.

I just wish there could be an all-encompassing open debate about it. But with so much money at stake I don't see that happening.

Con game? Prove your point! A con game that includes every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univesity on Earth.
Another total lie......But that's what the whole gullible warming scam is about anyways.

OK, prove me wrong. Name the Scientific Society that says AGW does not exist, and is not a problem. Same for a National Academy of Science, and a major University.

If he's right, the war against NAZIism will be a picnic compared to what we're facing.

If he's wrong, then this statement is nothing more than hyperbole

Well holy shit. It doesn't happen very often, but once in a blue moon Old Rocks and I will agree on something climate related. :clap2:

True. I have no idea whether climate change is the threat Gore makes it out to be, or whether it is being completely overblown.

But I have seen instances in other fields where scientific opinion was all pointing in one direction and where scientists have been reliant on funding from groups that are happy to see their opinion keep pointing the same way.

When all opinion to the contrary (some from scientists who knowingly stake their careers on taking up a controversial position) is shouted down I tend to become very suspicious. Doesn't make me right though.

I just wish there could be an all-encompassing open debate about it. But with so much money at stake I don't see that happening.

My interest in climate problems were piqued in the mid-60s by a lecture given by a graduate student. There was no money then in that field. And little glory. The predictions made then were all proven wrong. They were far too conservative. And the things we are seeing today are far worse than the predictions made at that time.

Con game? Prove your point! A con game that includes every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univesity on Earth. Now that is one doozy of a conspiracy! Been taken up by any aliens lately?

con game: do you think the anglo-saxon race is superior to all others? It was believed to be true by every scientific society in America in the late nineteenth century. Good to see scientific societies are never wrong and that politics don't play any role in them, eh Roxy?

Care to back up that assertation? Every one? Now you are very good at making unsupported statements. How about supporting a bit of your idiocy? Give me just one scientific society that states that global warming is not occuring, and that we have nothing to do with it. How about one National Academy of Science? Just one major university anywhere on the planet?

It's not idiocy. It's true. It was proven scientifically in America. You've never heard of craniometry or scientific racism?

Con game? Prove your point! A con game that includes every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major Univesity on Earth.
Another total lie......But that's what the whole gullible warming scam is about anyways.

OK, prove me wrong. Name the Scientific Society that says AGW does not exist, and is not a problem. Same for a National Academy of Science, and a major University.
Why does it have to be any "scientific society"??

What of the 90+% of scholarly papers and reports that the IPCC refused to take into consideration??

Or are your appeals to authority only relevant when they draw the conclusions you approve of?

con game: do you think the anglo-saxon race is superior to all others? It was believed to be true by every scientific society in America in the late nineteenth century. Good to see scientific societies are never wrong and that politics don't play any role in them, eh Roxy?

Care to back up that assertation? Every one? Now you are very good at making unsupported statements. How about supporting a bit of your idiocy? Give me just one scientific society that states that global warming is not occuring, and that we have nothing to do with it. How about one National Academy of Science? Just one major university anywhere on the planet?

It's not idiocy. It's true. It was proven scientifically in America. You've never heard of craniometry or scientific racism?

You ever hear of supplying site to back your bullshit?

Why does it have to be any "scientific society"??

What of the 90+% of scholarly papers and reports that the IPCC refused to take into consideration??

Or are your appeals to authority only relevant when they draw the conclusions you approve of?

Again, supply sites that verify that this is not something you find in fields where they raise beef. Right now, all I see is your opinion, and that has never been much to look at.

Like your mere opinions and appeals to the same tired old authorities are anything to crow about!! :lol:

And what does beef have to do with anything??

And before I even bother with digging up and posting anything, what evidence and source(s) would you accept??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back