Al Gore blows gasket.....

The mainstream view is that global warming is happening. The debate now is just by how much. Unfortunately, you still have a loud and vocal and minority who outright deny global warming and practice a pseudo-science.

I attended a speech awhile back where the speaker came from the CATO Institute and even he subscribed to global warming and called himself a "lukewarmer'.

No, the debate is whether man is the cause.

A few years ago NASA did a study that I think about two years to complete. The conclusion was that yes indeed during the 20th century the earth's average temperature increased by 1.8*F....The study went on to conclude that the cause was inconclusive. This sent the enviro weenies and the global warming freaks into an uncontrollable snit. They wanted to see results that humans cause the temps to rise. This way they could move forward on their political agenda.
Did you read DivineWind's post?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3984606-post11.html

From his link, Nasa has revised its statement to:
Most climate scientists agree the main cause of the current global warming trend is human expansion of the "greenhouse effect"1 -- warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.
Certain gases in the atmosphere block heat from escaping. Long-lived gases, remaining semi-permanently in the atmosphere, which do not respond physically or chemically to changes in temperature are described as "forcing" climate change whereas gases, such as water, which respond physically or chemically to changes in temperature are seen as "feedbacks."

The article goes on to elaborate on the finer points of gases that contribute to the Greenhouse effect.

Here's the link D.W. listed and you can read Nasa's view yourself: Climate Change: Causes

Myself? I'm just praying for rain. It's been over 100 degrees Farenheit here for a month, worse up north near Dallas/Ft.Worth where it has been much hotter for much longer. There are Piney Woods all around here. I'm seeing a lot of reddened trees already, and it's not fall. We lost 5 pine trees that are very tall (I'm not sure how tall, 70-100 feet, maybe,) 2 years ago with the hottest June on record.

There don't seem to be any rain clouds forming in the Atlantic that look like good tropical storms when they get here for too long, and no hurricanes, which may be a blessing, I'm not sure. I heard on the news the town of Kemp, Texas, is out of municipal water. That's very, very bad.

Last edited:
He's Irrelevant,nobody gives a fuck what he has to say.His biggest responsibility was standing outside the
Oval office door while Bill was getting BJ's....Then he had to go inside and clean up after wards.

All the people that voted for this idiot in 2000 voted for the current dipshit in the White House...

In the end, Al Gore will be proven right - and even retarded naysayers will be forced to accept it.

In the end Gores Carbon Credit Scam will drive up the cost of utilities beyond reason, bleeding us dry. Another nail in the coffin. When anyone but Government does this shit, it is illegal, huh. ;) When anyone but Government profits, it's greed. I get it. Not that we are being herded like sheep and cattle. ;)

algore a Divinity school drop-out thinks he is smarter than thousands of scientists with PhD and Masters degrees in science.....

In the end, Al Gore will be proven right - and even retarded naysayers will be forced to accept it.

The mainstream view is that global warming is happening. The debate now is just by how much. Unfortunately, you still have a loud and vocal and minority who outright deny global warming and practice a pseudo-science.

I attended a speech awhile back where the speaker came from the CATO Institute and even he subscribed to global warming and called himself a "lukewarmer'.

Since when is looking at the evidence and applying logic a psuedo science?

I love how the globe is somehow warming despite the tempature going up and down regularly.

If it goes up, It's global warming
If it goes down, it's still somehow global warming.

Global warming is going to melt the global ice caps and cause insane flooding.
Global warming is at the same time going to cause the next ice age.

NYC was supposed to be underwater by 2010. It's not even near underwater.

Despite all these facts contrary and the fraud and deception by those scientists highly involved in manufacturing the global warming "crisis" we are supposed to blindly accept that the debate is over?

It's a convenient political issue for those who seek power and money. That's what Al Gore is so upset about. He is being exposed as a con man and that threatens future income. He thought he had the perfect issue. Something you can scare people into and that no matter what the data says, you can blame it on global warming. Something that's supposedly imminent enough that we have to act immediately, but far enough away to always be some future spectre and not ever see for real.

Very convenient if you can sell it. Thankfully, most of the American people can see through the deception. We aren't as stupid as some people like to act.

The mainstream view is that global warming is happening. The debate now is just by how much.

Set aside the evidence suggesting you are wrong. Let's assume you are correct and the earth is warming and not cooling like we were warned about back in the 70s. That does NOT give the scumbag central planners the right to expand government and redistribute more wealth. If you firmly believe the earth is warming, move away from the water's edge and leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

That is all.

I have no interest in your money. However, this is what deniers do. They create strawmen and fear tactics in order to distort the evidence. Their arguments are fear based, not scientific based.
Got projection? :lol:

The mainstream view is that global warming is happening. The debate now is just by how much.

Set aside the evidence suggesting you are wrong. Let's assume you are correct and the earth is warming and not cooling like we were warned about back in the 70s. That does NOT give the scumbag central planners the right to expand government and redistribute more wealth. If you firmly believe the earth is warming, move away from the water's edge and leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

That is all.

I have no interest in your money. However, this is what deniers do. They create strawmen and fear tactics in order to distort the evidence. Their arguments are fear based, not scientific based.

You seriously have that backwards.

Several subsequent studies confirm that “...the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes”. (Doran 2009). In other words, more than 95% of scientists working in the disciplines contributing to studies of our climate, accept that climate change is almost certainly being caused by human activities.

We should also consider official scientific bodies and what they think about climate change. There are no national or major scientific institutions anywhere in the world that dispute the theory of anthropogenic climate change. Not one.

Is there a scientific consensus on global warming?
In case you hadn't come to the realization...That's how echo chambers work. :eusa_hand:

Al Gore will be proven right when he takes a position that is correct.

Global warming isn't that position.

algore a Divinity school drop-out thinks he is smarter than thousands of scientists with PhD and Masters degrees in science.....

He might be smarter than them. Degrees don't prove intelligence.

Of course, neither does accuracy. He may be more intelligent, but if all his facts are wrong it doesn't matter how intelligent you are. Any analysis you do is simply going to be wrong.

finally gore dropped a sack. one of the saddest things i ever saw was when they made him gavel in his own loss in the 2000 election.

look, you have to understand. the teabaggers just destroyed the economy just because they wanted to get their own way on protecting the tax rates for the uber rich on the debt ceiling debate. they don't care about this country. they're going to try and sweep this planet's environmental problems under the rug, too. they don't care about ANYTHING but not raising taxes, and they've told you that. they'll take your retirement, they'll take your kids' college away, they'll surrender if there's a war, they'll let the environment get polluted with sewage, they will do ANYTHING SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO RAISE TAXES. at this point, it's your ass, or it's the teabaggers' asses. pick one. the people in america are very submissive, so i think it will be yours. you're going to willingly sacrifice your life and your family's life so the ultra-rich can continue to enjoy not paying taxes at your expense.

prove me wrong.

Last edited:
finally gore dropped a sack. one of the saddest things i ever saw was when they made him gavel in his own loss in the 2000 election.

look, you have to understand. the teabaggers just destroyed the economy just because they wanted to get their own way on protecting the tax rates for the uber rich on the debt ceiling debate. they don't care about this country. they're going to try and sweep this planet's environmental problems under the rug, too. they don't care about ANYTHING but not raising taxes, and they've told you that. they'll take your retirement, they'll take your kids' college away, they'll surrender if there's a war, they'll let the environment get polluted with sewage, they will do ANYTHING SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO RAISE TAXES. at this point, it's your ass, or it's the teabaggers' asses. pick one. the people in america are very submissive, so i think it will be yours. you're going to willingly sacrifice your life and your family's life so the ultra-rich can continue to enjoy not paying taxes at your expense.

prove me wrong.

Explosive rage is not what I consider a characterstic of being a man.

Why do you want to burden the American people with heavier taxes so badly? What do you have against them?

no, the debate is whether it's too late for man to fix it.

Since when is looking at the evidence and applying logic a psuedo science?

Its not. However, deniers do not apply logic. Their contention is mostly based off of ideology and have this fear that global warming will lead to a global communistic takeover. That is not proper since.

I am not saying that BS doesn't happen on both sides since I am really not a fan of Hanson and his antics. However, the scientific community who actually does work in this field overwhelmingly supports AGW.

Plus, it is not like we need a more efficient and independent energy policy. It is not like the knowledge is already out there. Amory Lovins at the Rocky Mountain Institute has delved into energy solution for numerous years.

Forum List

Back