Al Gore admits global warming purely political.

It ain't about Al Gore, silly asses. It is about a warming world and nearly seven billion people totally dependent on agriculture that is dependent on stable weather.

But, not to worry, we are soon to see the effects of ignoring what the scientists are telling us concerning the warming.
Sooo...you gleefully anticipate people dying because it validates what you've been saying?

That's despicable.

That's olfraud in a nutshell....

I see. Gore made money off of the flood that destroyed most of Pakistan's agriculture this year? Off of the disaster that was the grain harvest in Russia this summer?

Dang, another Kookybill in the making.

Go back and read my first post in this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what a bunch of fucking crap you guys spew.

He does not say GW is just poltical here.

what fucking liars you all are.

Isn't it amazing that crap like this never gets moved to the flame zone or conspiracy theories. A little bit of bias...ya think...LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Isn't it amazing that crap like this never gets moved to the flame zone or conspiracy theories. A little bit of bias...ya think...LOL

Well, historically the only people who use foul language and other juvenile interactions are the alarmists here. So it makes sense that the mods keep the discussions here instead of moving to the flame zone. After all when the alarmists have only hand waving and expletives to support their arguments...well I would hope you can see where this is going.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Figures...

Corner you idiots and ya want to run from the facts.

Gore lied... period!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well, historically the only people who use foul language and other juvenile interactions are the alarmists here. So it makes sense that the mods keep the discussions here instead of moving to the flame zone. After all when the alarmists have only hand waving and expletives to support their arguments...well I would hope you can see where this is going.

You forgot to mention a majority of climatologists and the science community who support that climate change is real.

You forgot to mention a majority of climatologists and the science community who support that climate change is real.

Really?

A majority of scientist used to think that ethanol was a good idea? This despite numerous studies showing that it is not as efficient as gasoline, it takes more energy to develop, it does not store or transport as well, and it raises food prices by not only taking a staple off the table, but by using up land to grow. Now a majority of scientists suddenly support using algae to make biofuels at the same time Gore invests in Abengoa. My mind always boggles at the way the majority of scientist follow Al Gore around hanging on his every pronouncement.

Here are a few facts for you to consider. Al Gore's defining film contained a few errors, or lies, depending on who you talk to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/11/AR2007101102134.html

You seem to have a problem separating two non exclusive facts.

Global climate change is occurring, and Al Gore's support of efforts to ameliorate this change is purely political and fiduciary.

Because that claim is untrue. Do some real research on that then come back and tell us what you learned. That "poll" was self selected among 79 climatologists and only 74 of them agreed. Guess where the 74 get their money from!

But try again, someday you may actually contribute something useful.

Because that claim is untrue. Do some real research on that then come back and tell us what you learned. That "poll" was self selected among 79 climatologists and only 74 of them agreed. Guess where the 74 get their money from!

'Real research'? What dirty energy cartel's manufactured lackeys should I mistake for 'real'???

'Real research'? What dirty energy cartel's manufactured lackeys should I mistake for 'real'???

Those filthy energy companies are the very folks driving the train my good man. They will make billions, while the likes of Goldman Sachs (who brought you the housing bubble and collapse, along with a whole bunch of other bubbles and collapses) and their ilk stand to make trillions off of a wholly fictious market.

Ask yourself a simple question, where in all of the legislation that is being promulgated is there a provision for actually reducing pollution? I'll answer for you, there is none. Instead you find only legislation that pertains to the confiscation of money from the First World nations (and that means they are tapping your pocket book old chum) and the redirection of that money to the Third World for "mitigation" of GW gasses. Of course the money actually never gets to the third world does it. No, instead it is directed to the bankers who will "manage" the money for the poor stupid savages who can't govern themselves. Oh the wealthy elite of the Third World will do quite nicely, but the people who live there will once again be screwed over by the greedy white man.

It is Imperialism all over again except this time you get to pay for the wealthy to live lives of luxury while you slave away to pay for it. Gore and his ilk are allways telling you to live life more simply. While he and his ilk run up extraordinary power bills.

They really don't seem to think it is all that important do they? I mean if the situation was really as bad as Gore thinks it is don't you think he would have cut his power expenditure back to oh I don't know, three times? the average rate of energy use for an average family..instead of the 20 times he continues to use? And don't forget that he buys carbon offsets to pay for his luxurious lifestyle....of course the dirty little secret is he owns the carbon offset company so he is paying himself to pollute...neat little scam there don't you think? If it was an oil company executive you would be screaming yourself purple, but because it is Gore and his cronies I guess it's OK...right?

Thanks for playing.

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore has said he made a mistake promoting first generation corn ethanol during his presidential campaign in 2000.

Gore says he was more concerned with garnering votes from farmers in Tennessee and Iowa than with what was best for the environment.* A clean energy enthusiast, Gore says corn ethanol is not a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels.* The process of converting corn into ethanol is highly energy intensive and also requires using a food crop for fuel."

Al Gore Says Supporting Corn Ethanol Was a Mistake | The Energy Collective

You must be a Producer on FOX news. You thread title is a huge lie. You misquoted your own link. I guess I can assume you are a Reeeeepuuuuubbbbblllliiiiicccccccaaaaannnnn, because you are lying when your lips move.

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore has said he made a mistake promoting first generation corn ethanol during his presidential campaign in 2000.

Gore says he was more concerned with garnering votes from farmers in Tennessee and Iowa than with what was best for the environment.* A clean energy enthusiast, Gore says corn ethanol is not a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels.* The process of converting corn into ethanol is highly energy intensive and also requires using a food crop for fuel."

Al Gore Says Supporting Corn Ethanol Was a Mistake | The Energy Collective

You must be a Producer on FOX news. You thread title is a huge lie. You misquoted your own link. I guess I can assume you are a Reeeeepuuuuubbbbblllliiiiicccccccaaaaannnnn, because you are lying when your lips move.

So what does that make you? Here is the relevant quote....

"Gore says he was more concerned with garnering votes from farmers in Tennessee and Iowa than with what was best for the environment"

I highlighted the pertinent phrase that makes you look like an imbecile. Read the story again and when you can actually understand what was said get back to us.

Those filthy energy companies are the very folks driving the train my good man. They will make billions, while the likes of Goldman Sachs (who brought you the housing bubble and collapse, along with a whole bunch of other bubbles and collapses) and their ilk stand to make trillions off of a wholly fictious market.

Ask yourself a simple question, where in all of the legislation that is being promulgated is there a provision for actually reducing pollution? I'll answer for you, there is none. Instead you find only legislation that pertains to the confiscation of money from the First World nations (and that means they are tapping your pocket book old chum) and the redirection of that money to the Third World for "mitigation" of GW gasses. Of course the money actually never gets to the third world does it. No, instead it is directed to the bankers who will "manage" the money for the poor stupid savages who can't govern themselves. Oh the wealthy elite of the Third World will do quite nicely, but the people who live there will once again be screwed over by the greedy white man.

It is Imperialism all over again except this time you get to pay for the wealthy to live lives of luxury while you slave away to pay for it. Gore and his ilk are allways telling you to live life more simply. While he and his ilk run up extraordinary power bills.

They really don't seem to think it is all that important do they? I mean if the situation was really as bad as Gore thinks it is don't you think he would have cut his power expenditure back to oh I don't know, three times? the average rate of energy use for an average family..instead of the 20 times he continues to use? And don't forget that he buys carbon offsets to pay for his luxurious lifestyle....of course the dirty little secret is he owns the carbon offset company so he is paying himself to pollute...neat little scam there don't you think? If it was an oil company executive you would be screaming yourself purple, but because it is Gore and his cronies I guess it's OK...right?

Thanks for playing.

YOU didn't play. What dirty energy cartel's manufactured lackeys should I mistake for 'real'???

Thanks for playing.

YOU didn't play. What dirty energy cartel's manufactured lackeys should I mistake for 'real'???

Look it up yourself. There are plenty of sources for you to find who is driving the truck. You wouldn't believe me if I did tell you so you do the work yourself, then you'll believe it.

Start with BP and Chevron. The search will lead on from there.

Thanks for playing.

Look it up yourself. There are plenty of sources for you to find who is driving the truck. You wouldn't believe me if I did tell you so you do the work yourself, then you'll believe it.

Start with BP and Chevron. The search will lead on from there.

The 'dirty energy cartel's manufactured lackeys' I'm referring to are the well funded global warming denial organizations that are part of the echo chamber that's been created. Here's a few of those organizations.

Global Warming Skeptic Organizations

Global Climate Coalition

Founded in 1989 by 46 corporations and trade associations representing all major elements of US industry, the GCC presents itself as a "voice for business in the global warming debate." The group funded several flawed studies on the economics of the cost of mitigating climate change, which formed the basis of their 1997/1998 multi-million dollar advertising campaign against the Kyoto Protocol. The GCC began to unravel in 1997 when British Petroleum withdrew its membership. Since then many other corporations have followed BP s lead and left the coalition. This exodus reached a fevered pitch in the early months of 2000 when DaimlerChrysler, Texaco and General Motors all announced their exodus from the GCC. Since these desertions, the GCC restructured and remains a powerful and well-funded force focused on obstructing meaningful efforts to mitigate climate change.

Spin: Global Warming is real, but it is too expensive to do anything about. The Kyoto Protocol is fundamentally flawed.

Funding: Corporate members (industries, trade associations etc.)

George Marshall Institute

This conservative think tank shifted its focus from Star Wars to climate change in the late 1980s. In 1989, the Marshall Institute released a report claiming that "cyclical variations in the intensity of the sun would offset any climate change associated with elevated greenhouse gases." Though refuted by the IPCC, the report was very influential in influencing the Bush Sr. Administration s climate change policy. The Marshall Institute has since published numerous reports downplaying the severity of global climate change.

Spin: Blame the Sun. The Kyoto Protocol is fatally flawed.

Affiliated Individuals: Sallie Baliunas, an astrophysicist from Harvard; and Frederick Seitz.

Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine

The Marshall Institute co-sponsored with the OISM a deceptive campaign -- known as the Petition Project -- to undermine and discredit the scientific authority of the IPCC and to oppose the Kyoto Protocol. Early in the spring of 1998, thousands of scientists around the country received a mass mailing urging them to sign a petition calling on the government to reject the Kyoto Protocol. The petition was accompanied by other pieces including an article formatted to mimic the journal of the National Academy of Sciences. Subsequent research revealed that the article had not been peer-reviewed, nor published, nor even accepted for publication in that journal and the Academy released a strong statement disclaiming any connection to this effort and reaffirming the reality of climate change. The Petition resurfaced in 2001.

Spin: There is no scientific basis for claims about global warming. IPCC is a hoax. Kyoto is flawed.

Funding: Petition was funded by private sources.

Affiliated Individuals: Arthur B. Robinson, Sallie L. Baliunas, Frederick Seitz

Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Founded in 1990 by widely publicized climate skeptic S. Fred Singer, SEPP s stated purpose is to "document the relationship between scientific data and the development of federal environmental policy." SEPP has mounted a sizeable media campaign -- publishing articles, letters to the editor, and a large number of press releases -- to discredit the issues of global warming, ozone depletion, and acid rain.

Spin: Moreover, climate change won t be bad for us anyway. Action on climate change is not warranted because of shaky science and flawed policy approaches.

Funding: Conservative foundations including Bradley, Smith Richardson, and Forbes. SEPP has also been directly tied to ultra right-wing mogul Reverend Sung Myung Moon s Unification Church, including receipt of a year s free office space from a Moon-funded group and the participation of SEPP s director in church-sponsored conferences and on the board of a Moon-funded magazine.

Affiliated Individuals:S. Fred Singer,Frederick Seitz

Greening Earth Society

The Greening Earth Society (GES) was founded on Earth Day 1998 by the Western Fuels Association to promote the view that increasing levels of atmospheric CO2 are good for humanity. GES and Western Fuels are essentially the same organization. Both used to be located at the same office suite in Arlington, VA. Until December 2000, Fred Palmer chaired both institutions. The GES is now chaired by Bob Norrgard, another long-term Western Fuels associate. The Western Fuels Assocation (WFA) is a cooperative of coal-dependent utilities in the western states that works in part to discredit climate change science and to prevent regulations that might damage coal-related industries.

Spin: CO2 emissions are good for the planet; coal is the best energy source we have.

Affiliated Individuals: Patrick Michaels, Robert Balling, David Wojick, Sallie Baliunas, Sylvan Wittwer, John Daley, Sherwood Idso

Funding: The Greening Earth Society receives its funding from the Western Fuels Association, which in turn receives its funding from its coal and utility company members.

Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide & Global Change

The Center claims to "disseminate factual reports and sound commentary on new developments in the world-wide scientific quest to determine the climactic and biological consequences of the ongoing rise in the air's CO2 content." The Center is led by two brothers, Craig and Keith Idso. Their father, Sherwood Idso, is affiliated with the Greening Earth Society; the Center also shares a board member (Sylvan Wittwer) with GES. Both Idso brothers have been on the Western Fuels payroll at one time or another.

Spin: Increased levels of CO2 will help plants, and that's good.

Funding: The Center is extremely secretive of its funding sources, stating that it is their policy not to divulge it funders. There is evidence for a strong connection to the Greening Earth Society (ergo Western Fuels Association).

Affiliated Individuals: Craig Idso, Keith Idso, Sylvan Wittwer

So now you have moved from climate change is not real to climate change is a ponzi scheme by dirty energy cartels to reap big profits?

I assume by 'wholly fictitious market' you are referring to cap & trade. Can you name one industry that emits only carbon dioxide?

Last edited:
It's funny how the AGW cultists screech "Follow the money!!" -- except for fellow cultists.

No, they take their position based on love of and concern for mankind. Pay no attention to the billions in grant money behind that curtain. :lol:

It ain't about Al Gore, silly asses. It is about a warming world and nearly seven billion people totally dependent on agriculture that is dependent on stable weather.

But, not to worry, we are soon to see the effects of ignoring what the scientists are telling us concerning the warming.
Sooo...you gleefully anticipate people dying because it validates what you've been saying?

That's despicable.

Old Crock would have all the unbelievers put in the oven.

How much has Gore made since leaving office, over 200 million, over 300 million, maybe more.

Of course Gore sold the strategic oil reserves to his families oil company so this is nothing new.

Libels profiting and using the office of politics to pass laws and regulations to make themselves rich.

Gore has provably made slightly over 100 million bucks on "clean energy programs" mandated by laws implemented through his political pressure. He has made his millions by stealing it from the poor and disenfranchised. Just like the robber barons of old who the left despises.

Gore owned a Carbon Credit company no less.

It's a little funny to see some leftist here defending Al.

He is, by deffinition and example, an evil capatalist.

Using spin, lies, the workd of others, telling people how to live within thier means while living WAY beyond his. IS what an evil capatalist is.

But hey, he's one of your guys, so I guess that makes it OK.

Yeah what a great idea.

Let's turn our food into fuel.

And when we run out of food maybe we can convert our children into fuel, too.

Forum List

Back