Al Franken gets right to work.

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
dragging up the swift boat ads. :rofl:

way to go, al!

Five years after he put his money behind the Swift Boat ads that helped tank John Kerry’s presidential campaign, Senate Democrats gave T. Boone Pickens a warm welcome at their weekly policy lunch Thursday. Or at least most of them did.

Kerry skipped the regularly scheduled lunch; his staff said the Massachusetts Democrat “was unable to attend because he had a long scheduled lunch with his interns and pages.” Sen. Al Franken managed to make time for the lunch — but then let Pickens have it afterward.

Franken feuds with T. Boone Pickens - Eamon Javers - POLITICO.com

it's been five years, al, let it go. :rofl:

what an asshat

i wonder how frankens lips got that rounded look, looks form fitting to me; that would explain why he is so far off track, his head has been down for ages and coming up for air is not to his liking

way to go, al!

Five years after he put his money behind the Swift Boat ads that helped tank John Kerry’s presidential campaign, Senate Democrats gave T. Boone Pickens a warm welcome at their weekly policy lunch Thursday. Or at least most of them did.

Kerry skipped the regularly scheduled lunch; his staff said the Massachusetts Democrat “was unable to attend because he had a long scheduled lunch with his interns and pages.” Sen. Al Franken managed to make time for the lunch — but then let Pickens have it afterward.

what an asshat

dunno... when cheney stayed at the same hotel as we did last year, i sure would have liked to have had a little chat with him...

and how many years after Vietnam did the swiftboaters tell their lies?

*shrug*

way to go, al!

what an asshat

dunno... when cheney stayed at the same hotel as we did last year, i sure would have liked to have had a little chat with him...

and how many years after Vietnam did the swiftboaters tell their lies?

*shrug*

I voted for Bush... twice even but I must say that I would pass if I were given the opportunity to host Dick Cheney for dinner. I would not want that man in my house.

Now, given the opportunity, I would invite President Obama in a heartbeat or even Nancy Pelosi or Ted Kennedy, all of whom I must say I disagree with in almost everything, but there is not a snowball's chance in hell, I would invite Dick Cheney.

Immie

How many of your constituents and fellow party members would you have embarrassed by doing so??

i don't hear his constituents and supporters complaining...

and frankly, i wish i had the forum to say the things to him i wanted to.. publicly or privately... publicly would have been better.

How many of your constituents and fellow party members would you have embarrassed by doing so??

and frankly, i wish i had the forum to say the things to him i wanted to.. publicly or privately... publicly would have been better.

so you like franken because hes a demo or because he looks like a fucking dork on steroids?

I voted for Bush... twice even but I must say that I would pass if I were given the opportunity to host Dick Cheney for dinner. I would not want that man in my house.

Now, given the opportunity, I would invite President Obama in a heartbeat or even Nancy Pelosi or Ted Kennedy, all of whom I must say I disagree with in almost everything, but there is not a snowball's chance in hell, I would invite Dick Cheney.

Immie

I would have him in my house..... I would love the opportunity to tell him what i think of the things he did. but i'd also find it fascinating to see if he really believes in the things he did or if it was all about padding his blind trust.

Immie

I would have him in my house..... I would love the opportunity to tell him what i think of the things he did. but i'd also find it fascinating to see if he really believes in the things he did or if it was all about padding his blind trust.

Who was he trusting? I always thought it was Bush who put blind trust in Cheney.

so you like franken because hes a demo or because he looks like a fucking dork on steroids?

I tend to like smart people regardless of party affiliation. It's why I watch Joe Scarborough every morning.

Sad you can't separate the two... and attacking people's looks is pretty dorkish.

Immie

Who was he trusting? I always thought it was Bush who put blind trust in Cheney.

sorry... i meant the blind trust fund that held his assets while he was vice president.

Immie

I'd be afraid of him bringing Satan with him ;). That's one being I do not want to open the door to again.

As for others, I would love to have a chat with the President. I'd truly be respectful of him, but it would be cool to sit with him and just talk. I said the same thing about President Clinton and President Bush and mind you, with President Bush, even though I voted for him, I was definitely not his biggest fan especially the last four years of his presidency.

Immie

Forum List

Back