Al Bashir says Darfur does not need peacekeepers

sudan

Oct 17, 2012
The Sudanese president Omer Hassan Al-Bashir said that Darfur does not need the hybrid peacekeeping mission (UNAMID), adding that local traditions and customs are enough to resolve conflicts in the region.

Addressing an electoral rally in El-Fashir on Wednesday, Al Bashir expressed regret over the killing of dozens during recent clashes between Berti and Zayadia tribes in North Darfur state, and said he was upset and dismayed by the news.

He said the conflict between the two tribes was not due to normal differences but a result of a conspiracy that aimed at destabilizing the region and sabotaging elections.

The Sudanese president warned Darfur people against allowing Satan to fuel discord among them through tribalism and regionalism, saying there is no difference between Arab and African tribes.

He pledged to bring Darfur back to its old days, saying the region’s local mechanism of conflict resolution are being taught in the most prestigious universities of the United States.

“Do you need anyone to reconcile among you? Do you need UNAMID? Do you need the AU, UN or IGAD?” he said.

Al Bashir praised steadfastness of the residents of El-Fashir and their resistance to the rebellion for 12 years, vowing to uproot rebellion during a brief period of time.

He congratulated the residents of El-Fashir for the Al-Inghaz Al-Gharbi highway, pledging to complete renaissance and development in the region.

“Development and security are the two sides for the same coin,” he said.

Al Bashir underscored that Chadian president Idriss Deby is keen to achieve peace in Darfur, saying we haven’t seen anything bad from him since he came to Sudan and raised the white handkerchief.

The president further promised to extend the Al-Inghaz Al-Gharbi highway to link Chad with the Sudanese Red Sea port of Port Sudan.

He said were it not for the rebellion, the highway should have been extended to El-Fashir since several years ago, stressing that rebel groups hinder government efforts to build schools and dig water wells in order to serve foreign agenda.

Al Bashir also directed his words to the rebel groups saying government posts will no longer be given to arms bearers, stressing they will decisively confront the rebels.

“He who wants to hold a government post should earn it through the people’s [votes],” he added.

al bashir's concept of "conflict resolution"----is ---muslims kill christians

Most of the regimes victims in Darfur are Muslims.

so???

Your notion that the current administration maintains its power through a policy of simply killing Christians isn't true.

I have not suggested that---Khartoum maintains power merely
by killing Christians------I have no doubt that the Khartoum pigs murder
lot of people

Oh I reread the OP-----it seems SATAN is doing it. Satan has been busy killing
people for a long time for khartoum

so???

Your notion that the current administration maintains its power through a policy of simply killing Christians isn't true.

lot of people

They kill mostly Muslims. The regions where most Christian minorities live aren't areas of heavy conflict.

so???

lot of people

They kill mostly Muslims. The regions where most Christian minorities live aren't areas of heavy conflict.

satan does what satan does

Forum List

Back