Akward situation at work

brewerboy

May 24, 2009
Central Illinois
So I was finally called back to work about a month ago (thank God).

One of the guys I work with is a huge bullshitter. Tells the most off the wall obviously bullshit stories. But if you can get past that, he's actually a pretty good guy. And a hell of a worker.

But his stories just get old. You just wanna tell him to STFU.

Yesterday another co-worker finally did. He called him out on one of his off the wall lies. At first it was kind of funny, but it took a rapid turn downhill.

Since I was running the fork-truck, I didnt catch it all, but with every trip back and forth it was obvious that things were getting heated.

With about 15 minutes left in the day they were in each others faces, which led to pushing and shoving. I honestly thought a fist fight was gonna break out

Now I'm not a big fan of animosity between co-workers. Who enjoys working in that sort of enviroment?

Part of me wanted to tell the two to cool down and just keep away from each other. But on the other hand, I'm not anyones mother. Why should I give a shit if they wanna fight and end up losing their jobs?

Just wondering what ya'll woulda done.

Monday should be a blast :lol:

One of the guys I work with is a huge bullshitter. Tells the most off the wall obviously bullshit stories. But if you can get past that, he's actually a pretty good guy. And a hell of a worker.

Yesterday another co-worker finally did. He called him out on one of his off the wall lies. At first it was kind of funny, but it took a rapid turn downhill.

Since I was running the fork-truck, I didnt catch it all, but with every trip back and forth it was obvious that things were getting heated.

With about 15 minutes left in the day they were in each others faces, which led to pushing and shoving. I honestly thought a fist fight was gonna break out

Now I'm not a big fan of animosity between co-workers. Who enjoys working in that sort of enviroment?

Part of me wanted to tell the two to cool down and just keep away from each other. But on the other hand, I'm not anyones mother. Why should I give a shit if they wanna fight and end up losing their jobs?

IMHO you did exactly the right thing. The are both grown up boys, they know the consequences of throwing punches at work. chances are had you intervened they would have turned on you and kicked your ass!

I agree. This wasn't your business. It was best to stay out of it. These two mopes will work it out by themselves.

IMHO you did exactly the right thing. The are both grown up boys, they know the consequences of throwing punches at work. chances are had you intervened they would have turned on you and kicked your ass!

Lol, you're probably right.

as long as they are not endangering anyone ....themselves or you....fuck em.....rules on hubby construction...first one to throw a punch leaves...period...gone are the days of free foralls on construction sites...smack talk is allowed...but that is limited

My advice is to get as far away from that jerk -no matter your current opinion of him- as you can.

I used to work with another construction contractor who was the same kind of chronic bullshitter and spinner of tall tales. He was so bad at it that he would tell you lies that you knew were lies before his lips stopped moving.

Even though people who had but casual contact with him and his fruit-didn't-fall-far-from-the-tree bulshitter son liked their numerous stories, their chronic penchant for lying out their asses didn't end there. They lied to generals, foremen, other subs and even their own employees, about everything ranging from schedules to when their pay would be available. And whenever they were called to account for the discrepancies in their stories, they became aggressively defensive to the point of physical threats.

Mark my words...This person will be your "friend" only for as long as you appear to buy into their bullshitting, and he'll turn on you without remorse.

My advice is to get as far away from that jerk -no matter your current opinion of him- as you can.

I used to work with another construction contractor who was the same kind of chronic bullshitter and spinner of tall tales. He was so bad at it that he would tell you lies that you knew were lies before his lips stopped moving.

Even though people who had but casual contact with him and his fruit-didn't-fall-far-from-the-tree bulshitter son liked their numerous stories, their chronic penchant for lying out their asses didn't end there. They lied to generals, foremen, other subs and even their own employees, about everything ranging from schedules to when their pay would be available. And whenever they were called to account for the discrepancies in their stories, they became aggressively defensive to the point of physical threats.

Mark my words...This person will be your "friend" only for as long as you appear to buy into their bullshitting, and he'll turn on you without remorse.

Great post.

Appreciate the advice

as long as they are not endangering anyone ....themselves or you....fuck em.....rules on hubby construction...first one to throw a punch leaves...period...gone are the days of free foralls on construction sites...smack talk is allowed...but that is limited

haha, if you throw a punch your hubby just makes em leave for the day or forever?

Yeah, stay out of it, first thing you know, you get in between them, and they punch you out! They disappear, and you get fired, geeesh that would be a crappy ending for the day. :lol:
Wait till the book comes out! :lol:

Forum List

Back