Akin clarifies himself

Vidi

CDZ prohibited
Mar 19, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
After utterly failing to understand how the female body works, and making that failing horribly public, today Todd Akin clarified his "legitimate rape" comment.

AKIN: You know, Dr. Willke has just released a statement and part of his letter, I think he just stated it very clearly. He said, of course Akin never used the word legitimate to refer to the rapist, but to false claims like those made in Roe v. Wade and I think that simplifies it….. There isn’t any legitimate rapist…. [I was] making the point that there were people who use false claims, like those that basically created Roe v. Wade.

Akin Clarifies 'Legitimate Rape' Comments: Women Make 'False Claims' About Being Raped | ThinkProgress

So you see...we can all stop focusing on Akins belief that the female body has mechanisms to prevent pregnancy when a women is raped and focus on the fact that women are dirty lying whores.

Thanks for clearing that up, Mr Akin.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

anyone else think this guy is just digging a deeper hole for himself?

Nope. I figured that's what he meant by legitimate rape as it was. Of course, the other comments make no sense if he meant them as they are.

Akin defiant as deadline passes...
:eusa_eh:
Akin defies mounting calls to withdraw from Senate race
Tue August 21, 2012 - A Missouri deadline for Rep. Todd Akin to drop of out the race passes; Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan join the chorus of calls asking Akin to withdraw; Akin defends staying in the race, saying he thinks it will help Romney and Republicans; Missouri senators past and present call on Akin to pull out of the race
Republican Rep. Todd Akin allowed a state deadline to pass Tuesday, defiantly staying in the race to unseat Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill despite mounting calls for him to withdraw over incendiary remarks on rape and pregnancy. Under Missouri law, Akin would now need to get a court order to pull out of the race as he waited beyond the 5 p.m. deadline. He would also be required to pay for any necessary reprinting of ballots.

But Akin said he has no plans to drop out. He cited what he called a grassroots conservative movement in the country that needs a voice in government for his decision to reject increasing pressure from his own Republican Party, congressional colleagues and others to step aside. "I'm in this race for the long haul and we're going to win it," Akin told conservative radio host Dana Loesch.

He spoke minutes after five past and present Republican senators from Missouri, including highly regarded figures John Danforth and Christopher "Kit" Bond, added their voices to widespread calls for Akin to end his campaign. "We do not believe it serves the national interest for Congressman Todd Akin to stay in this race," said the statement by Sen. Roy Blunt and former senators Danforth, Bond, John Ashcroft and Jim Talent. "The issues at stake are too big, and this election is simply too important. The right decision is to step aside."

MORE

See also:

Todd Akin ignores first deadline to drop out of Missouri race. Now what?
21 Aug.`12 - Rep. Todd Akin withstood calls from the Republican establishment to drop out of the Missouri Senate race, following his comment about 'legitimate rape.' His next deadline is Sept. 25.
Despite the pleadings of top Republicans, from Mitt Romney on down, to drop out of the Missouri Senate race, Rep. Todd Akin has held firm: He is staying in. An important deadline has now passed. Under Missouri election law, if Congressman Akin had agreed to quit the race before 5 p.m. Central time on Tuesday, all the state Republican Party committee needed do was name a replacement candidate in the next two weeks to face Sen. Claire McCaskill (D).

Now, on the eve of the Republican National Convention, the embarrassing spectacle of the party’s top figures trying to get the winner of a state primary to quit his race moves into a new phase. If Akin drops out by Sept. 25, his name can still be removed from the ballot, though with a court order. The two-week rule on naming a replacement would still apply. After Sept. 25, Akin’s name remains on the ballot, regardless of whether he’s actively running. An alternate Republican could run as a write-in.

The uproar over Akin’s candidacy began on Sunday, when the conservative House member referred to “legitimate rape” in explaining his views on abortion. “It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin said of pregnancies from rape, speaking on St. Louis television. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

MORE

Last edited:
After utterly failing to understand how the female body works, and making that failing horribly public, today Todd Akin clarified his "legitimate rape" comment.

AKIN: You know, Dr. Willke has just released a statement and part of his letter, I think he just stated it very clearly. He said, of course Akin never used the word legitimate to refer to the rapist, but to false claims like those made in Roe v. Wade and I think that simplifies it….. There isn’t any legitimate rapist…. [I was] making the point that there were people who use false claims, like those that basically created Roe v. Wade.

Akin Clarifies 'Legitimate Rape' Comments: Women Make 'False Claims' About Being Raped | ThinkProgress

So you see...we can all stop focusing on Akins belief that the female body has mechanisms to prevent pregnancy when a women is raped and focus on the fact that women are dirty lying whores.

So instead of "legitimate" being an adjective for rape he's now claiming it is an adjective for women? Real women don't get raped???

So instead of "legitimate" being an adjective for rape he's now claiming it is an adjective for women? Real women don't get raped???

I so hope this guy stays in the race.

He was honest and forthright about the GOP platform regarding abortion and rape.

I so hope this guy stays in the race.

He was honest and forthright about the GOP platform regarding abortion and rape.

Agreed. Akin didnt use the dog whistle, he used a megaphone. The Republicans are trying to pawn him off as a fringe element, but the truth is the guy has cosponsered a bill on this very issue with Paul Ryan. They are in agreement on the issue, even if Ryan does have a better understanding of biology.

I heard him On Hannity's radio show.

Sean had to ask him over and over again if he said the wrong thing.
The guy was given another chance to clean this up and he was still
having trouble.

You can not be in politics and make a mistake like this.
This guy is unbelievable.

He's a through away.. His primary race was funded by the left.........

Aikie shakie... If I stick it in your butt you won't get pregnant.. now get on your knees.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back