AK-308 new automatic device from "Kalashnikov"

I want one
Me, too.

It looks really good. The big question: is it as reliable, trouble-free, and easy to maintain as the 47 -- which is a damn good military weapon. Is there any info on how it compares to the M-16 in terms of accuracy?

Last edited:
I want one
Me, too.

It looks really good. The big question: is it as reliable, trouble-free, and easy to maintain as the 47 -- which is a damn good military weapon. Is there any info on how it compares to the M-16 in terms of accuracy?
It’s an AK platform, so there’s no doubt it will be reliable.

The question is how accurate – and at what price.

A PTR 91 can be had for around $1200, a platform just as reliable with an excellent reputation for inherent accuracy; AR 10s are going for around the same price and are bound to be more accurate than the AK.

If you want the power of 7.62 NATO and the reliability of an AK, and don’t care about accuracy, this might be worth a look.

I want one
Me, too.

It’s an AK platform, so there’s no doubt it will be reliable.

The question is how accurate – and at what price.

A PTR 91 can be had for around $1200, a platform just as reliable with an excellent reputation for inherent accuracy; AR 10s are going for around the same price and are bound to be more accurate than the AK.

If you want the power of 7.62 NATO and the reliability of an AK, and don’t care about accuracy, this might be worth a look.
Ak's are plenty accurate.

"The weapon was made on the basis of the AK-103 assault rifle for the cartridge 7.62x51 mm with elements and components of the AK-12 automatic machine." Preparations for preliminary tests of weapons are underway, "the report said. The capacity of the magazine is 20 rounds. The weight of the weapon with an empty magazine is 4.3 kilograms. The total length is 880-940 millimeters. The length of the trunk is 415 millimeters. AK-308 uses a dioptric sight and a foldable, adjustable length on the butt to four positions. Can be installed bayonet knife

. The Russian military expert of the magazine "Arsenal of the Fatherland" Viktor Murakhovsky in an interview with the National Council of War told about the reasons for creating a new ammunition for the AK-308 at the Kalashnikov concern. Earlier representatives of the domestic concern said that they had created ammunition for NATO standards, which would also be used in the Russian AK-308. According to the expert, this is a very competent move by the Kalashnikov concern. In the modern world, small arms sometimes use specialized ammunition and calibers. Some weapons manufacturers noted that this is sometimes necessary in order to prevent the enemy from using this weapon on the battlefield in the event of a takeover. Russia, creating a "NATO ammunition," made a very profitable marketing move. The adjustment of ammunition for certain types of weapons significantly increases interest to it from foreign countries. And in the case of AK-308, it is not just about NATO countries.

Automatic weapon fads come and go. Why is that dumpy (typical Russian crappy color) gun such a ....concern?
It’s not so much a ‘concern’ as it is a why.

Again, that the AK platform is rock-solid reliable is settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

But that rock-solid reliability comes at the expense of accuracy.

There are other platforms chambered in 7.62 NATO that are virtually just as reliable and considerably more accurate, at likely around the same cost.

Steel casings.

iu

Forum List

Back