Airport scanners violate Muslim faith

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
DETROIT - A group of Muslim-American scholars has issued a religious ruling that calls upon the faithful to not go through body scanners because the scholars say the machines violate Islamic rules on nudity.

A growing number of body scanners, 450 more of them this year, are to be introduced in airports in Michigan and across the United States, say Transportation Security Administration officials.

Their increased use - several go online at Logan International Airport tomorrow - comes after the Dec. 25 bombing attempt on an airliner over Detroit, heightening fears of terrorism. The suspect in the failed bombing is a Nigerian Muslim.

The Fiqh Council of North America, based in Indiana, said the scanners contravene Islamic law, which is grounded in the Koran. The council consists of an executive council and 10 scholars.

“It is a violation of clear Islamic teachings that men or women be seen naked by other men and women,” reads the order, called a fatwa. “Islam highly emphasizes haya (modesty) and considers it part of faith. The (Koran) has commanded the believers, both men and women, to cover their private parts.”

Muslims: Airport scans violate faith - BostonHerald.com

Discuss

Let's see if anyone surprises me on this one...(not likely)

• Banned
I'm sure it does violate their faith in regards to modesty. Ironicly, some of their fellow faith-holders are the reason we have them. Looks like an internal problem for them to me. Hope they find a good solution. Too expensive to fly now anyways. I can wait.

My faith says I should try to convert them. I just don't get to kill the ones I'm unsuccessful with. Gee, I can't even slap them up.

DETROIT - A group of Muslim-American scholars has issued a religious ruling that calls upon the faithful to not go through body scanners because the scholars say the machines violate Islamic rules on nudity.

A growing number of body scanners, 450 more of them this year, are to be introduced in airports in Michigan and across the United States, say Transportation Security Administration officials.

Their increased use - several go online at Logan International Airport tomorrow - comes after the Dec. 25 bombing attempt on an airliner over Detroit, heightening fears of terrorism. The suspect in the failed bombing is a Nigerian Muslim.

The Fiqh Council of North America, based in Indiana, said the scanners contravene Islamic law, which is grounded in the Koran. The council consists of an executive council and 10 scholars.

“It is a violation of clear Islamic teachings that men or women be seen naked by other men and women,” reads the order, called a fatwa. “Islam highly emphasizes haya (modesty) and considers it part of faith. The (Koran) has commanded the believers, both men and women, to cover their private parts.”

Muslims: Airport scans violate faith - BostonHerald.com

Discuss

Let's see if anyone surprises me on this one...(not likely)

Good, since Muslims are the ones blowing up and hijacking air craft less of them flying is a GOOD thing.

Well. Last I heard AMTRAC could use more business and Greyhound runs all over the country. Guess flying is out.

Like I give a shit. NOT.

Forum List

Back