Airport Body Scans Reveal All

You can't just state opinion and call it fact.

I guess you don't know RGS too well do you?

I envy him sometimes. He's got everything figured out and it's all so simple for him. But then I remember that I can still see my penis and he hasn't seen his since 1992, and that makes me feel better.

yes, because your physical features and beauty determine your intelligence :cuckoo:

I think CW has it correct, and so did Ben Franklin.

Also, this only gives the illusion that we are safe...there is hardly any checking of luggage that goes into the belly of the plane. I'd rather take my chances with exploding planes and not have to bother with taking off my shoes, spending an extra hour with security because I had a bottle of asprin in my computer bag, or watching my kids get wanded because TSA was so inept they forgot to stamp MY ticket in the security lane.

Not to mention that this doesn't even alleviate the need for taking off my damn shoes.

You do realize that the same people you call inept are the very same types that vote Democrat and will be getting jobs in the Universal Government Healthcare business. These are the same people the government gives money to, to screw up the DMV and postal service. Democrat loving, overpaid, government employees.

Also, this only gives the illusion that we are safe...there is hardly any checking of luggage that goes into the belly of the plane. I'd rather take my chances with exploding planes and not have to bother with taking off my shoes, spending an extra hour with security because I had a bottle of asprin in my computer bag, or watching my kids get wanded because TSA was so inept they forgot to stamp MY ticket in the security lane.

Not to mention that this doesn't even alleviate the need for taking off my damn shoes.

You do realize that the same people you call inept are the very same types that vote Democrat and will be getting jobs in the Universal Government Healthcare business. These are the same people the government gives money to, to screw up the DMV and postal service. Democrat loving, overpaid, government employees.
You do realize that you're an idiot?

I understand the consentual searches, but passengers know that they will not be subject to a strip search without due process. Due process is denied here with these machines, if they become standard.

I don't think TSA will eliminate the conventional screening method. I think passengers will have a choice. Consider the cost of these machines. I don't see them deployed at every single airport throughout the country. I believe they will be deployed only at certain airports, especially the large hubs that push large volumes of passengers through the gates daily.

By the way, there is no strip search at the airport. No one is required to remove any clothing as part of airport screening. If a matter is referred to airport police, different story. But at that point, Miranda and all the other constitutional obligations already take effect.

Just trying to stick to the real facts.

Real facts which I presented with words "due process." What is difference between these machines and a strip search?
look at the images i posted, and you tell me

i can tell you this, i would MUCH rather have that scan than be stripped

I don't think TSA will eliminate the conventional screening method. I think passengers will have a choice. Consider the cost of these machines. I don't see them deployed at every single airport throughout the country. I believe they will be deployed only at certain airports, especially the large hubs that push large volumes of passengers through the gates daily.

By the way, there is no strip search at the airport. No one is required to remove any clothing as part of airport screening. If a matter is referred to airport police, different story. But at that point, Miranda and all the other constitutional obligations already take effect.

Just trying to stick to the real facts.

Real facts which I presented with words "due process." What is difference between these machines and a strip search?

Personally , i'd rather not be subjected to either.

Its only a scan today, because that is what today's technology will allow. What will it be tomorrow?

I'll worry about tomorrow if it gets here.

Its only a scan today, because that is what today's technology will allow. What will it be tomorrow?

Any damn thing that does not violate the "unreasonable" clause. Pretty damn simple concept.

And back to Franklin-

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

(There DiveCon, I didn't paraphrase, happy?)
yes, thank you

now, how is this an essential liberty?
you can still choose to take the slower way
and posibly be required to be strip searched

That shoes thing really ticks you off huh?

Something about your feet that your self conscious about? :eusa_whistle:
maybe her feet stink, or she has ugly toes

:lol:

Any damn thing that does not violate the "unreasonable" clause. Pretty damn simple concept.

And back to Franklin-

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

yes, thank you

According to the article, it is a choice between being wanded or going through the scanner...not being strip searched or going through the scanner.

Ravi said:
Yeah, I hate people knowing what color of nail polish I have on without my consent. :lol:

It just annoys me because I end up juggling my purse, my computer bag, my shoes and my jacket...and taking my cell phone out. It's a pain. All this because some idiot was too stupid to use a lighter and blow himself up in the bathroom.

it's a joy, isn't it?

with all the juggling, I lost a pair of Bose headphones at the airport when we were leaving on a trip. Grrrrrrrrrrr............
thats your own clumsy fault

I know Franklin wasn't talking about preventing terrorist from hijacking airplanes, but he was talking about basic liberites. Liberties that are Constitutionally protected. Smoking and talking on the phone are not Constitutionally protected rights, but privacy is. Personally, i don't mind the extra few minutes it takes to get on an airplane. I also don't really give a shit if the imbecile in the TSA uniform wants to check out my what nots with X-Ray specs, but what I do care about using security as an excuse to chip away at rights that are constitutionally protected, ie. privacy(echelon, these scanners), right to bear arms(confiscation of weapons after Katrina), due process(patriot act), and the list goes on. So the quote from Franklin is not lame, it is relevant in more ways that your short sightedness could possibly realize.

How about voting privacy? Obama is pushing the card check policy to help his buddies in the unions, what about my privacy to say that I don't want the fucking teamster goons to screw up the airline I work for. They are in the process now, as I write this, of pushing their bullshit club on me and the other 4,000 people I work with. We have voted against unions for years, twice a year those leeches show up and lie about our company in order to convince the idiots among us to vote for their strong arm tactics. Obama wants to make it to where we have no privacy when we reject their asses, do you reject that blatant abuse of my privacy? Isn't it my constitutional right to privacy?

What makes you think I voted for Obama? Or for that matter agree with him on anything? Furthermore, what the hell does that have to do with the question at hand?

Why do you think that I think you voted for Obama? I didn't say anything about who you voted for. I asked you a question about privacy and rights to it, which you have been talking about for most of this thread.

Ravi said:
Yeah, I hate people knowing what color of nail polish I have on without my consent. :lol:

It just annoys me because I end up juggling my purse, my computer bag, my shoes and my jacket...and taking my cell phone out. It's a pain. All this because some idiot was too stupid to use a lighter and blow himself up in the bathroom.

it's a joy, isn't it?

with all the juggling, I lost a pair of Bose headphones at the airport when we were leaving on a trip. Grrrrrrrrrrr............
WTF??? I never made that post about Bose headphones.

And back to Franklin-

yes, thank you

Liek I said before, my concern is when the scanner is the only option. Besides, I have contitutional problems with searches at the airport for a long time.

So you are saying you have a right to privacy for your face but not your breasts? That's silly.

how you read that is beyond me....it looks like he is saying...they don't see your face or any other identifying feature, thus, they have no idea who you are
Then why not just put bags over everyone's heads and strip search them?
are you saying you would be as worried about that as the scans?
you know these scans only one person sees and you dont even have to take something off

being strip searched, you will be far more uncomfortable than being scanned

You do realize that you're an idiot?

Ouch, what a snappy come back, how very impressive you are for a 12 year old.

And back to Franklin-

yes, thank you

According to the article, it is a choice between being wanded or going through the scanner...not being strip searched or going through the scanner.
and when being wanded you MIGHT be sellected for a random strip search, did you forget about that?
remember, the liberals didnt want them to just do those that were likely to be terrorist because they didnt want profiling?
remember that?

Personally , i'd rather not be subjected to either.
but the possibility exists that you would be pulled for a random strip search

No there isn't. There are no random strip searches. There must be probable cause and police must be involved. That is your due process with an airport strip search. Because of you right to privacy, that cause better be pretty good.

WTF??? I never made that post about Bose headphones.
follow the link, you DID make that post
No, I didn't. I know it appears that way, and I did make the one about toenailsj in the quote box, I was replying to Mani...but I never typed that about Bose headphones. I've never lost headphones and I've never owned that brand.

This is seriously creeping me out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back