Airline Humiliated Double-Amputee Marine to the Point of Tears

He should sue them using the Americans with Disabilities Act as a basis. He'll win big without even seeing the inside of a courtroom.

First off, I am a disabled vet. I wanted to preface this. What did the airlines do wrong here? Not allow him to be st in first class? How is putting him there going to help his fever? If they bumped him.while thy were sitting him, that is a problem but I seriously doubt they did that too much considering they would have been hitting other passengers because they would have Said something. I think the col. Witnessed a sick double amputee crying and understandibly got upset with his report. It would have sucked to have seen that and I know I would have done anything I could have to help him as well.

I didn't know marines cried.

I'd be pretty pissed at him, getting on to an airplane with a temp of 104, jeesh, the entire plane load is probably now sick.

How did I know this story was about Delta before even clicking in to read it?

From the article, the sentence "he lost his dignity while flying on Delta" is now appearing in the dictionary as an example of the word "redundancy". I fly a lot, on dozens of different airlines, and I have just one rule for my clients who book me a flight: NO Delta. Ever.

The article is very vague and doesn't list anything the airline did that would result in humiliation.

The fact that they had issues with his wheelchair is not malicious. Why they wouldn't allow him to switch seats could be an airline policy, and again, not the falut of the flight attendants.

The article is very vague and doesn't list anything the airline did that would result in humiliation.

The fact that they had issues with his wheelchair is not malicious. Why they wouldn't allow him to switch seats could be an airline policy, and again, not the falut of the flight attendants.

Unless they come out with more info, I dont see what they did wrong.

Forum List

Back