AirAsia plane carrying 162 disappears

India puts 3 ships, 1 aircraft on standby for AirAsia search. I hope Indonesia will show some gratitude in future unlike Malaysia.

---

New Delhi: India has put on standby three ships and a maritime surveillance aircraft for assistance in the search operation after an AirAsia flight with 162 people on board today went missing en route from Indonesia to Singapore after losing contact with air traffic controllers.
Indian Navy sources said one ship in Bay of Bengal and another two in Andaman Sea have been put on standby.

India puts 3 ships 1 aircraft on standby for AirAsia QZ8501 search - Firstpost

Another sad day for Indonesia...
Wreckage, bodies reveal jet's fate days after it disappeared
30 Dec.`14 ~ Wreckage, bodies in Indonesian waters reveal AirAsia jet's fate days after it disappeared
Family members of those aboard AirAsia Flight 8501 collapsed in agony Tuesday as images of debris and a bloated body flashed across Indonesian television screens, proof that the plane crashed into the sea two days earlier with 162 people on board. The jet vanished Sunday halfway through a two-hour flight between Surabaya, Indonesia, and Singapore after encountering severe storms. The disappearance triggered an international hunt for the aircraft by dozens of planes, ships and helicopters.
On the third day of searching, the first signs of the airliner — a life jacket and an emergency exit door — were found in shallow, aqua-colored waters only about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the plane's last known coordinates. Parts of the jetliner's interior, including an oxygen tank, were brought to the nearest town, Pangkalan Bun. Another find included a bright blue plastic suitcase, completely unscratched. "I know the plane has crashed, but I cannot believe my brother and his family are dead," said Ifan Joko, who lost seven relatives, three of them children, as they traveled to Singapore to ring in the New Year. "We still pray they are alive."
First Adm. Sigit Setiayanta, commander of the Naval Aviation Center at Surabaya Air Force base, told reporters six corpses were spotted about 160 kilometers (100 miles) from Central Kalimantan province. Rescue workers descended on ropes from a hovering helicopter to retrieve bodies. Efforts were hindered by 2-meter-high (6-foot) waves and strong winds, National Search and Rescue Director SB Supriyadi said. The first body was later picked up by a navy ship. Officials said as many as six others followed, but they disagreed about the exact number.
Supriyadi was on the aircraft and saw what appeared to be more wreckage under the water, which was clear and a relatively shallow 20 to 30 meters (65 to 100 feet). Television coverage of the discovery sent a spasm of pain through the room at the Surabaya airport where relatives were waiting for news, especially as it showed a half-naked man floating in the water, a shirt partially covering his head. Many screamed and wailed uncontrollably, breaking down into tears while they squeezed each other. One middle-aged man collapsed and had to be carried out on a stretcher. Their horror at the news was captured by cameras on the other side of windows into the waiting room. To give traumatized family members privacy, officials blacked out the glass later Tuesday evening.
MORE Wreckage bodies reveal jet s fate days after it disappeared - Yahoo News
See also:
Divers Deployed to Find AirAsia Debris After Weather Slows Plan
Dec 30, 2014 ~ Searchers recovered three more bodies, including a female flight attendant, from the wreckage site of Flight 8501, while 17 helicopters are readying to assist recovery efforts, F.H. Bambang Sulistyo, head of the national search and rescue agency Basarnas, said today in Jakarta. Parts of the body of the plane were identified after establishing sonar contact at 24 meters under water.
Sixty seven divers were readied by Indonesia to scour the wreckage site of the Airbus Group NV A320 plane for fuselage and the black boxes that may answer what doomed the 162 people on the plane. The cockpit-voice and flight-data recorders are essential to piecing together what happened in the six minutes between the time the pilot asked the control tower for permission to deviate from the flight path and when the jet dropped off radar contact. The aircraft went missing Dec. 28 en route to Singapore from the central Indonesian city of Surabaya. Search crews found objects including what appears to be an emergency door as well as submerged items resembling plane parts, Sulistyo said yesterday. Two female bodies and one male body were retrieved yesterday. No mention was made of survivors.
Black Boxes
“It wasn’t a controlled ditching,” said Paul Hayes, safety director at London-based aviation consulting company Ascend Worldwide Ltd. “That’s clear from the finding of bodies that don’t have life jackets on.” The crash site is in an area around Pangkalan Bun, about 1,000 kilometers (600 miles) southeast of Singapore. Water in the area is shallow, at 25 meters to 30 meters deep. The black boxes of the A320 aircraft, which are actually encased in bright orange to facilitate their retrieval, are waterproof, fortified and designed to emit an electronic signal underwater for 30 days to help searchers find them. No pings have been detected, Indonesia’s Air Force said yesterday. “Basarnas is concentrating on securing the flight data recorder,” Sulistyo said. Family members gathered at Surabaya airport broke into tears and anguished wails yesterday as authorities said the debris found was from QZ8501.
Bad Weather
It’s the third high-profile incident involving a carrier in Asia this year, raising safety concerns in one of the fastest- growing aviation markets in the world. AirAsia is the biggest customer by units of the A320, a workhorse airliner that’s used by hundreds of carriers around the world. “We have 1,000 flights a day and until we have the investigation we cannot make any assumptions as to what went wrong,” AirAsia Group Chief Executive Officer Tony Fernandes told reporters yesterday. “All I can say is the weather in Southeast Asia is very bad at the moment.” The Java Sea covers about 320,000 square kilometers, bordered by the Indonesian islands of Borneo to the north and Java to the south. “There’s no doubt they’ll recover the data boxes,” said Peter Marosszeky, a former air accident investigator who lectures at the University of New South Wales. “They know when it went down and about where.” It took almost two years for investigators to recover the data recorders from the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean after an Air France plane went down en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris in 2009.
MH370 Mystery
Nothing has been recovered from Malaysian Airline System Bhd.’s Flight 370 that disappeared March 8 on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing carrying 239 people. As a result, much about that jet’s mysterious change of course remains unknown. The AirAsia plane vanished off radars after the pilot requested a higher altitude because of storm clouds in the flight path. The last signal from the plane was between the city of Pontianak on Borneo and Tanjung Pandan. The black boxes could answer questions for families who wonder what happened, provide insight to the industry about what causes accidents and prompt changes to practices or new technologies. Losing the AirAsia plane caps the worst year for air- passenger fatalities since 2010. The AirAsia pilots didn’t send a distress signal, drawing comparisons with MH370. The hunt continues for that plane, the longest search for a passenger jet in modern aviation history.
Business Washington Post Business Page Business News

Yes, a sad day indeed.
As Indonesia was about to execution-shred/torture to death some people, thereby terrorising them...and their families, a commercial plane crashed and all on board have seemingly perished....many of them Indonesians.

The Karma God is always about.

Indonesia delays executions as search continues for AirAsia plane

Indonesia delays executions as search continues for AirAsia plane

Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran are on death row in Kerobokan Prison. Photo: Ante Kesuma

Surabaya: With the eyes of the world watching Indonesia during the search for the missing AirAsia plane, the country's attorney-general has quietly delayed plans to execute five or six prisoners before the new year.

#####

Saw Indonesian President Joko Dodo on tv today expressing sympathy and compassion for the familes whose loves ones are likely dead.
Wonder if he'll do the same thing with the families of the dead people to be execution-shredded by his govt, because he denied them clemency to prison sentence only?

Last edited:
Yes, a sad day indeed.
As Indonesia was about to execution-shred/torture to death some people, thereby terrorising them...and their families, a commercial plane crashed and all on board have seemingly perished....many of them Indonesians.

You really are a fucking idiot.
These people, including a baby, had nothing to do with your Australian drug dealing murderers.
Most of these were families, going on holiday for the new year - and you're a silly bastard.

Oh, and the new president has made it clear, your drug dealing murdering bastards are going to a firing squad.

I 100% agree.

Fuck you.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

These people, including a baby, had nothing to do with your Australian drug dealing murderers.
Most of these were families, going on holiday for the new year -

I know that, and it's horrible that they perished.
Absolutely horrible, the grief of their loved ones almost intolerable.

You don't believe in the Karma God, and that the plane could've crashed because of the 'barbaric' actions of the Indonesian govt [and the Singapore govt, and Malaysian govt] in some matters?
Hmmm, probably not.

Others do...many are firm believers in the Karma God.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

You don't believe in the Karma God, and that the plane could've crashed because of the 'barbaric' actions of the Indonesian govt [and the Singapore govt, and Malaysian govt] in some matters?
Hmmm, probably not.

Go fuck yourself, idiot.

Oh, and the new president has made it clear, your drug dealing murdering bastards are going to a firing squad.

I 100% agree.

Fuck you.

What president of what nation is going to use a firing squad, Indo? That is how Hitler had his Nazis execute people - same for NK Communist murderer he uses firing squads. What poor nation got cursed with a president using firing squad executions? I have not heard the news about it.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

Hmmm, probably not.

There is no Karma god. That is a hindu teaching and no where found in the bible, Bianco. The plane crash was tragic and their families are grieving. I think it is best to remember blessed are the merciful.. what I find to be divine providence is that 26 people did not board that flight and canceled instead. 26 people is almost 20% of the plane. I'm betting those 26 people were Christians or ones God knew would come to salvation in Jesus Christ in the future. It reminds me of 9/11 because so many people did not go into work that day or for some reason could not get there. Once again God kept certain ones from going there that day.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

Hmmm, probably not.

There is no Karma god. That is a hindu teaching and no where found in the bible, Bianco. The plane crash was tragic and their families are grieving. I think it is best to remember blessed are the merciful.. what I find to be divine providence is that 26 people did not board that flight and canceled instead. 26 people is almost 20% of the plane. I'm betting those 26 people were Christians or ones God knew would come to salvation in Jesus Christ in the future. It reminds me of 9/11 because so many people did not go into work that day or for some reason could not get there. Once again God kept certain ones from going there that day.

You need to see a doctor and get your head checked. That was extremely insensitive post that could only come from a mentally ill person. Please think what you type next time.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

Hmmm, probably not.

You need to see a doctor and get your head checked. That was extremely insensitive post that could only come from a mentally ill person. Please think what you type next time.

I cannot deny divine providence. I've seen God give second chances to too many people, Vikrant. It led to their salvation in many cases. There is a God and not one person can leave this earth without His having already given permission for it to happen. It is Job x's 10,000 at least and includes people who not only are already His children but those that WILL BE.

I make no apologies for that because the bible is clear that God is in full control. Full control means full control.

Does God save the lives of those who are not saved but will be? Yes, he does. In fact, when I think back to how many times he prevented my death from happening before I was saved - I am positive that it was Him who kept me alive.

Note ^ Any children on that flight went directly to heaven as there is no such place as Limbo. They went to heaven.

Yes, a sad day indeed.

Hmmm, probably not.

I cannot deny divine providence. I've seen God give second chances to too many people, Vikrant. It led to their salvation in many cases. There is a God and not one person can leave this earth without His having already given permission for it to happen. It is Job x's 10,000 at least and includes people who not only are already His children but those that WILL BE.

I make no apologies for that because the bible is clear that God is in full control. Full control means full control.

Does God save the lives of those who are not saved but will be? Yes, he does. In fact, when I think back to how many times he prevented my death from happening before I was saved - I am positive that it was Him who kept me alive.

Note ^ Any children on that flight went directly to heaven as there is no such place as Limbo. They went to heaven.

There is forum for people like you to vent your religious urges. You should use that forum instead of spamming my thread. I have nothing against your religion. But please spare us in every thread about it.

It might also disturb you to know, Vikrant, that God does permit the deaths of those who afflict Christians. He counts it a righteous thing to recompense tribulation upon those who trouble his children. Indonesia is the largest Muslim population in the world with the practice of oppressing Christians, beheading Christians and this is done even by doctors and nurses as I have seen the photographs myself.

So when their families suffer such tragedies - it would appear the 26 who canceled their flights - were not involved in such things and had been granted mercy by God to not perish - whereas you do not know the history on the Muslims on that plane and why the LORD permitted those particular people to be on it.

There are no coincidences with God. He isn't caught off guard about anything and He is most certainly in full control of what is going on. Indonesia is known for its torture and abuse of Christians - God knows who is who. He also knows who will repent and who will not.

Hmmm, probably not.

There is forum for people like you to vent your religious urges. You should use that forum instead of spamming my thread. I have nothing against your religion. But please spare us in every thread about it.

I have no problem with not responding to your threads, Vikrant. I responded to someone else's post concerning a "Karma god" which I stated did not exist. We can leave it at that. I have nothing further to say.

Hmmm, probably not.

I have no problem with not responding to your threads, Vikrant. I responded to someone else's post concerning a "Karma god" which I stated did not exist. We can leave it at that. I have nothing further to say.

In my threads, I prefer quality posts over quantity posts. So if religious nonsense is all you have to contribute then please stay away from my threads. However, if you feel like you can be rationale, by all means contribute. Thanks!

I 100% agree.

Fuck you.

What president of what nation is going to use a firing squad, Indo? That is how Hitler had his Nazis execute people - same for NK Communist murderer he uses firing squads. What poor nation got cursed with a president using firing squad executions? I have not heard the news about it.

Firing squad is the normal method of execution here,
Fast and the condemned is very unlikely to survive the experience.
As execution methods go, it's probably reasonably humane, and a hell of a lot better than the drug dealers victims get.

There is no Karma god

Bianco is very much anti Muslim, to the point of insanity.
Her stupidity was designed to spread hate, even on a thread about a plane crash involving loss of life, many (Or maybe most) of whom were Christians.

Forum List

Back