Air Traffic Controller Was Asleep On duty?

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Federal Authorities Investigate Whether Air Traffic Controller Was Asleep on Duty

An alarming report that an air traffic controller may have been asleep at one of the nation's major airports has now drawn the attention of federal authorities.

Pilots in two commercial planes have reported that as they approached the nation's capital Tuesday night, they were unable to contact air traffic control at Reagan National Airport before landing.

The American Airlines and United Airlines planes both had been in contact with regional air traffic controllers before being handed off to Reagan National. The pilots landed their planes safely but without help from the airport tower.

"Tower is apparently unmanned. Called on the phone. Nobody answering, so aircraft went in just as an uncontrolled airport," one pilot said according to recorded radio communication.

In another transmission, a pilot said that "it's happened before."

Federal Authorities Investigate Whether Air Traffic Controller Was Asleep on Duty - ABC News

I don't understand where there was only one ACT in the first place.

Seriously?

Really?

The fact that this happened at "Reagan" National should provide both a clue and a great deal of Irony.

LOL, yes i laughed at it being reagan too. I still think, or have always assumed that there is more then on ACT manning the tower at one time.

Federal Authorities Investigate Whether Air Traffic Controller Was Asleep on Duty

An alarming report that an air traffic controller may have been asleep at one of the nation's major airports has now drawn the attention of federal authorities.

Pilots in two commercial planes have reported that as they approached the nation's capital Tuesday night, they were unable to contact air traffic control at Reagan National Airport before landing.

The American Airlines and United Airlines planes both had been in contact with regional air traffic controllers before being handed off to Reagan National. The pilots landed their planes safely but without help from the airport tower.

"Tower is apparently unmanned. Called on the phone. Nobody answering, so aircraft went in just as an uncontrolled airport," one pilot said according to recorded radio communication.

Federal Authorities Investigate Whether Air Traffic Controller Was Asleep on Duty - ABC News

I blame PATCO...

no wait...

Never mind.

Ray LaHood's brilliant solution?? Put not one but TWO lazy-assed Union idiots on watch at Reagan National Airport.

Idiotic...

Seriously?

Really?

The fact that this happened at "Reagan" National should provide both a clue and a great deal of Irony.
It isn't refered to as Reagan National in the DC area. Hatred for Reagan is such that it's just called "National Airport".

Sorry.

Huh? I live in the Washington Metro area - the original name of the place was National Airport, dingbat. I've known is at "National" all my life. It's got nothing to do with hating Reagan, the greatest president of all time.

Using your stupid logic - when Bill Clinton finally gets an airport named after him, becuase he's loathed so much - are people going to refer to the place a "Adulterer?"

Seriously?

Really?

It isn't refered to as Reagan National in the DC area. Hatred for Reagan is such that it's just called "National Airport".

Sorry.
If Reagan hadn't "busted" the union of air traffic workers, there would have been more than one person in the booth.

Seriously?

Really?

Sorry.
If Reagan hadn't "busted" the union of air traffic workers, there would have been more than one person in the booth.

That's basically a given. What the Union was striking over was hours and safety.

In any case..careful what you wish for..right?

Forum List

Back