AIR (The story of the show) - Prime Video

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I did not have high hopes for this movie, but it is actually a really good film.
The people depicted in the movie state it is 80% just as it happened, with the only thing changed was the locations of events.
Some of the discussions that occurred in real life were not always in the sequence as depicted. But other than that, more accurate than many other "true" stories.
Lots of good actors, well written and you feel the celebration of events when they happen.
The movie is not about Michael Jordan. It is the story of the Air Jordan shoes by NIKE, and how a crazy salesman talked the Jordans into going with them despite the fact MJ hated NIKE shoes.

Nike learned from its Michael Jordan success to go after Tiger Woods and build its golf line from scratch

Nike learned from its Michael Jordan success to go after Tiger Woods and build its golf line from scratch
Trying not to reveal spoilers, but looking up the net worth of the people involved is revealing to say the least in how corporations are so damned corrupt and greedy.
The CEO of Nike at the time, and the Board Chair are both $Billionaires. And made those fortunes without doing any personal work... at all.
The people who literally worked 72 hours straight without leaving the office, the man who is responsible for getting Jordan to sign and has changed the way athletic sponsorship is done ever sense - made very little off of the deal where the top executives made $100s millions each.

I did not have high hopes for this movie, but it is actually a really good film.
The people depicted in the movie state it is 80% just as it happened, with the only thing changed was the locations of events.
Some of the discussions that occurred in real life were not always in the sequence as depicted. But other than that, more accurate than many other "true" stories.
Lots of good actors, well written and you feel the celebration of events when they happen.
The movie is not about Michael Jordan. It is the story of the Air Jordan shoes by NIKE, and how a crazy salesman talked the Jordans into going with them despite the fact MJ hated NIKE shoes.

Till I saw this movie, I didn't know athletic shoe companies had scouts. I found it interesting, better that most of the movies being streamed.

Forum List

Back