Air strikes silence Gaddafi's artillery

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
TRIPOLI — Western warplanes silenced Muammar Gaddafi’s artillery and tanks besieging the rebel-held town of Misrata on Wednesday after an American admiral warned that the Libyan leader’s armour was now in the cross-hairs.

Breathing defiance, Col. Gaddafi earlier said Western powers carrying out air strikes on Libya were “a bunch of fascists who will end up in the dustbin of history”.

The Western powers enforcing the U.N. resolution to protect Libyan civilians are struggling to agree on a coherent command structure including NATO after Washington said it wanted to hand over leadership of the campaign in the coming days.

More to come there I would think and YES, Canada stands with the West. Always has. Always will.

More to come there I would think and YES, Canada stands with the West. Always has. Always will.

I wonder if being in the West, and only having a border with the USA has anything to do with it?

:eusa_eh:

Very likely. It stands to reason. Which is why Turkey is now siding with Iran. The difference?

For how long? :razz:

TRIPOLI — Western warplanes silenced Muammar Gaddafi’s artillery and tanks besieging the rebel-held town of Misrata on Wednesday after an American admiral warned that the Libyan leader’s armour was now in the cross-hairs.

Breathing defiance, Col. Gaddafi earlier said Western powers carrying out air strikes on Libya were “a bunch of fascists who will end up in the dustbin of history”.

The Western powers enforcing the U.N. resolution to protect Libyan civilians are struggling to agree on a coherent command structure including NATO after Washington said it wanted to hand over leadership of the campaign in the coming days.

man, I gotta tell you, thats some magic NO Fly zone....:lol:

Forum List

Back