Air Powered Cars coming to US

The article did not say the cost of compressing air. I also am curious if maintenance can be done my average joe.

Exactly...compressed air is merely energy lost while creating potental energy out of energy spent in the process.

Same problem, I think with hydrogen.

The energy spend creating it takes more energy than that which it returns.

I never saw the fault in Uranium Battery Cars myself. :eek:

If anyone saw the exploding laptops then they have a good reason not to trust electric battery cars. But golf carts have done alright.

The compressed air cars have their own compressers. All you need is electricity. It is much cheaper than gas.

The solutions to our problems are there. We just need leadership in the White House to create American Energy Independence. You won't get it with two oil men in the White House.

Where do you get the electricity to compress the air?

Again, can a regular mechanic be easily trained to work on these rigs?

I love when people say electric cars are the solution. A very small part of our electricity comes from water, wind and none Oil or coal sources. In some places , like California, the electrical grid is so bad they have had rolling brown outs. And for a while they SCHEDULED them.

There was a piece on Hydrogen a while back that I linked to, the guys claimed they could make hydrogen at 233 percent of the amount of energy expanded to make it. I notice that story vanished QUICK.

It astounds me when people haven't got a clue about the conservation of energy.

Air pressure cars to solve the energy crises, and all we need is electicity to compress the air!?

Hey as long as we're moving into magicland, lets cure poverty , too. It's easy!

All we need is money to buy enough gold to give to poor people and they won't be poor anymore.

It astounds me when people haven't got a clue about the conservation of energy.

Air pressure cars to solve the energy crises, and all we need is electicity to compress the air!?

Hey as long as we're moving into magicland, lets cure poverty , too. It's easy!

All we need is money to buy enough gold to give to poor people and they won't be poor anymore.

The ideas will continue to roll out. The price of oil has given us a wakeup call. But if you wish to sit and continue to fill the pockets of people who want to see us dead, go for it.

Electricity
Hydrogin
Hybrids
Compressed Air

Sure, scrap them all!

:eusa_eh:

The price of oil has given us a wakeup call. But if you wish to sit and continue to fill the pockets of people who want to see us dead, go for it.

Are you really completely unaware of the law of conservation of energy?

It's like 8th grade science, man.

Look it up

Of course the air will need to be compressed. Do you think that will equal or even come close to what we are paying the sand flees for crude. No way.

Yes, a certain amount of energy will need to be spent for these solutions. But the cost should not be near the dollars we are shelling out for gas.

Now, WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PAY? None of these "solutions" are going to be free.

Yes, a certain amount of energy will need to be spent for these solutions. But the cost should not be near the dollars we are shelling out for gas

It will be compressed by electiricty.

In the process most of the energy used to create the powterial energy stored in the compressed air will be lost.

If it takes you ten ergs of electicity to create one erg of potential energy, you're net waste of energy will be 90%.

I'm sorry I can't make this any easier to understand.

Hydrogen cars and compressed air cars only serve to cut down on emmissions, not to SAVE ENERGY.

All air compression cars are going to do is drive up the cost of electicity.

GM is also attempting to mass produce an electric car, the Volt, that they hope to have on the market by 2010, although many think that is a bit ambitious. It would travel 40 miles on a battery charge, which would be accomplished by plugging the car into a standard socket overnight. For travel over 40 miles, it is a hybrid, with a gasoline component that is used only to charge the battery which would power the car. I believe it would average approximately 50mpg in this manner. The Atlantic has a story on it.

Electro-Shock Therapy

It will be compressed by electiricty.

In the process most of the energy used to create the powterial energy stored in the compressed air will be lost.

If it takes you ten ergs of electicity to create one erg of potential energy, you're net waste of energy will be 90%.

I'm sorry I can't make this any easier to understand.

Hydrogen cars and compressed air cars only serve to cut down on emmissions, not to SAVE ENERGY.

All air compression cars are going to do is drive up the cost of electicity.

oooo I know--we can use compressed air to make the electricity to produce MORE compressed air !!!!!

Forum List

Back