Air Force Security Forces

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, I have decided I am going to do my best to get assigned this AFSC: 3P031 (Security Forces).

Here is a Poem I read a while back, and I wanted to share it. I seen the topic dedicated to Army Rangers, and decided I'd like to add these guys to the minds and hearts of everyone, if you do not mind.

E05066-large1.jpg

The Army has it's claim to fame;
The Airborne Rangers, the Green Berets.
The world knows the Navy Seals;
Life of Danger, Men of Steel.
The Corps have their elite too;
Recon Patrol, the Proud, the Few.
But when it comes to us, not much is heard;
We're just the Cops who guard the birds.
In Vietnam, through toil and strife,
We gave it all, our hearts, our life.
A page in history, a chapter in time;
We fought for freedom, yours and mine.
We stayed vigilant through cold and rain,
and bear the fatigue, hardship, and pain.
This piece of ground, we will defend,
Side by side `til the bitter end.
So fear not pilot, you can fly all day,
This base is guarded by the Blue Beret.

-
Author Unknown

If you want to check out a few links on Security Forces, here are a few:

Air Force Security Forces Center - Home
3P0X1 - SECURITY FORCES
SECURITY FORCES - AirForce.com

~Edit~ Decided to add a picture too like the Airborne Rangers one, except it is Security Forces now, not Security Police.

Last edited:
I was AF Security Police when it was AFSC 811X0. What you're going to be doing is physical security for AF Resources from ammunition to nuclear weapons. Outdoors, in all four seasons.
When you're not doing that, you'll be training like you're in the Army. I went through what was then Air Base Ground Defense in the Philippines, Crow Valley (twice). And an AF version of Army Infantry Training at Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB in N.J., 12 mile run in formation, full uniform with boots. Don't know where they train now but I guarantee you it's similar.

And don't fool yourself, after you're done you won't be an Army Ranger.

I was AF Security Police when it was AFSC 811X0. What you're going to be doing is physical security for AF Resources from ammunition to nuclear weapons. Outdoors, in all four seasons.
When you're not doing that, you'll be training like you're in the Army. I went through what was then Air Base Ground Defense in the Philippines, Crow Valley (twice). And an AF version of Army Infantry Training at Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB in N.J., 12 mile run in formation, full uniform with boots. Don't know where they train now but I guarantee you it's similar.

And don't fool yourself, after you're done you won't be an Army Ranger.

I never said I would be a Army Ranger. I do not want to be a Army Ranger. I want to be Air Force Security Forces.

Well, that sounds like what I'd like to do, at least for the first 4-6 years lol. I just hope I enjoy it, may or may not. I am hoping I get to go to Army Airborne School, but it's not much of a chance. Still, one can hope.

Good luck, Cain. If you're smart you'll start preparing now physically. Start running a couple miles a day. Get your body used to it and up your endurance. Also wouldn't hurt to do some light weights or dumbbells. Don't overdue it but you certainly want a little upper-body strength. Also do some sit-ups and push-ups.

And when you're a month away from boot increase your running to 5 miles a day.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. There's a lot of vets on the board that can help you out and give you useful advice.

Good luck, Cain. If you're smart you'll start preparing now physically. Start running a couple miles a day. Get your body used to it and up your endurance. Also wouldn't hurt to do some light weights or dumbbells. Don't overdue it but you certainly want a little upper-body strength. Also do some sit-ups and push-ups.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. There's a lot of vets on the board that can help you out and give you useful advice.

I am at 3 miles a day right now, I plan to be at 5 hopefully before I ship out.

lol that's kind of ironic. My recruiter told me to STOP weight lifting cause I was gaining weight and was able to lift a lot more then anyone I know of at my height/weight. I was hoping to compete in a Power lifting contest. One of the biggest things I want to do in my lifetime is win weight lifting competitions, and hopefully box for the Air Force.

lol that's kind of ironic. My recruiter told me to STOP weight lifting cause I was gaining weight and was able to lift a lot more then anyone I know of at my height/weight. I was hoping to compete in a Power lifting contest. One of the biggest things I want to do in my lifetime is win weight lifting competitions, and hopefully box for the Air Force.

Well listen to your recruiter. I have no clue what you look like. But you definitely don't want to be massive. Those big weightlifting boys have problems in tough specialized schools. But you want some upper-body strength.

Also wouldn't hurt to start going to the range in your area. Get used to firing weapons if you aren't already. Build up some accuracy.

You seem to be adamant in joining the Air Force Security Force. So then do as "Shooter" says and prepare. Academically and physically.

Don't be fooled into thinking the Security Forces are a lessor career path. They have the same individual job and supervisory responsibilities as any other field.

They have to be "expert" in keeping their charges safe and secure. If they don't then what good is an offensive or defensive asset if it's wreaked by an enemy subversive attack.

I was in the Marines a long time ago and security duty was paramount. The Marines were noted for it. They even had "General Guard Orders" to codify their responsibilities.

After joining the Air Force security was also as important, not only the base. but the aircraft or missile sites because they were of national (strategic) as opposed to local importance.

Good luck, sounds like you will take the job seriously. Don't let anyone tell you to slack off.

Unless things have changed you'll be headed straight to Lackland after boot. Think the initial training will be around 3 months. Then there's some specialized training after.

Do you know your basic date? If so you can calculate what time of year you'll be in that hot Texas heat :razz:

And at Lackland don't fuck with anyone wearing a maroon beret. Wouldn't be wise.

Last edited:
Unless things have changed you'll be headed straight to Lackland after boot. Think the initial training will be around 3 months. Then there's some specialized training after.

Do you know your basic date? If so you can calculate what time of year you'll be in that hot Texas heat :razz:

And at Lackland don't fuck with anyone wearing a maroon beret. Wouldn't be wise.

Security Forces is a 65 day tech school. I have to spend around 5 months their, 2 months basic, 2+ months Security Forces, plus adding delays and what not, if I'm not mistaken.

I think I'd rather spend time in Texas then here in Tennessee. Humidity=Enemy.

Yea, Special Ops guys do not scare me, but I wasn't raised to be a fool. Plus, I am not a confrontational person, I just want to win my weight lifting championships, and compete in boxing. I'll be happy lol.

Right now, I am trying to prepare endurance wise, but I also want to be able to do Pull Ups, I love pull ups, and push ups. Sit ups are ok, but being 5"5 I can do push-ups a lot easier then others. Of course, when they walk I have to do a light jog. O well.

I just hope, I am happy in Security Forces, and I plan to take my job seriously. I can goof off, but not when I'm working. I'd rather work long hours as Security Forces then stay on a farm all my life.

Yall would probably laugh at all the goals I have in my life, but I just know I will do my best to achieve them, and even if I have to work around my career, it's worth it to me. I can take pride wearing the Security Forces beret, and the ability to take pride in what I do, is one of the biggest things I focus on.

Last edited:
Good luck Cain.
My cousin's husband was one of those AF Security Force guys in Vietnam.

I am at 3 miles a day right now, I plan to be at 5 hopefully before I ship out.

Quit lifting the heavy weights.

Start lifting light weights with a high number of reps.

Endurance is the name of the game.

Not brute strength. :cool:

Security Forces is a 65 day tech school. I have to spend around 5 months their, 2 months basic, 2+ months Security Forces, plus adding delays and what not, if I'm not mistaken.

Yea, Special Ops guys do not scare me, but I wasn't raised to be a fool. Plus, I am not a confrontational person, I just want to win my weight lifting championships, and compete in boxing. I'll be happy lol.

Right now, I am trying to prepare endurance wise, but I also want to be able to do Pull Ups, I love pull ups, and push ups. Sit ups are ok, but being 5"5 I can do push-ups a lot easier then others. Of course, when they walk I have to do a light jog. O well.

I just hope, I am happy in Security Forces, and I plan to take my job seriously. I can goof off, but not when I'm working. I'd rather work long hours as Security Forces then stay on a farm all my life.

Yall would probably laugh at all the goals I have in my life, but I just know I will do my best to achieve them, and even if I have to work around my career, it's worth it to me. I can take pride wearing the Security Forces beret, and the ability to take pride in what I do, is one of the biggest things I focus on.
Start busting out sit-ups, you're going to be doing a lot of them........Also, learn how to do burpies. You will also be doing a lot of them. Ask your recruiter to show you how if you don't already know.

I was lucky, went from playing high school football to basic. While most struggled the first few weeks, I was busting out everything with no problem.

Start busting out sit-ups, you're going to be doing a lot of them........Also, learn how to do burpies. You will also be doing a lot of them. Ask your recruiter to show you how if you don't already know.

I was lucky, went from playing high school football to basic. While most struggled the first few weeks, I was busting out everything with no problem.

Eh, I prefer boxing ;). I just hope that a FEW of my goals end up working out. I mean, the military isn't going to work side-by-side with my goals, but I hope I can implement them in it. My biggest thing, I think anyways, is physical perfection. I know I can't be perfect, but I want to be the most fit I can be, including weight lifting/boxing/PT. I always want to make a 100% on my AFPFT (Air Force Physical Fitness Test).

Forum List

Back