Air Force Scraps, Revises Hundreds of Rules That Bog Down Airmen

In Bosnia and that area when we had Marine and Air Force air craft and equipment in Italy to enforce the UN edicts, the Marines lived in Tents on the airfield and were treated as of they were in the field on a critical mission. The Airforce lived in barracks and got paid extra cause they claimed the barracks were subpar.

Sounds to me that you picked the wrong service to be in. But then again, most of the jobs in the Army and Marines that takes higher rank to do is done by an AF E-3 on a routine basis. The AF does not get paid more. So they use other incentives to retain people. If you would rather have those incentives in luea of more pay then you joined the wrong branch. So how about less crying. It's disturbing the others sleeping in the other bunks. And I bet you snore too.
Not cry dumb fuck pointing out that the air force is a bunch of sissified snowflakes.
Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually
This is good-natured inter-service ribbing. Stop taking it so personally.

In Bosnia and that area when we had Marine and Air Force air craft and equipment in Italy to enforce the UN edicts, the Marines lived in Tents on the airfield and were treated as of they were in the field on a critical mission. The Airforce lived in barracks and got paid extra cause they claimed the barracks were subpar.

Sounds to me that you picked the wrong service to be in. But then again, most of the jobs in the Army and Marines that takes higher rank to do is done by an AF E-3 on a routine basis. The AF does not get paid more. So they use other incentives to retain people. If you would rather have those incentives in luea of more pay then you joined the wrong branch. So how about less crying. It's disturbing the others sleeping in the other bunks. And I bet you snore too.
Not cry dumb fuck pointing out that the air force is a bunch of sissified snowflakes.
Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually
Pointing out my ASVAB as asked is taking it to seriously? Where do you dumb asses come from?

Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually
Pointing out my ASVAB as asked is taking it to seriously? Where do you dumb asses come from?
I see you didn't turn in the Giant Stick Up Your Ass when you mustered out.

Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually
I see your moronic drivel doesn't improve with age.

Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually
Odd. The Marines I worked with never seemed to be crying little girls. They could give as good as they got.

98 percent actually
Odd. The Marines I worked with never seemed to be crying little girls. They could give as good as they got.
The only one whining here and crying would be you.

When I graduated from high school in '57, I was torn between the Coast Guard and the Army. I went with the Army because the recruiter said I could get schooling as a veterinary assistant - I was living on a ranch at the time.

I signed on the dotted line and off we went to the main recruiting inprocessing station in downtown LA. After endless tests, I was told there were no openings for vet assts but I could get training in repairing heavy construction equipment. So, I bit.

Long story short, from temporary parts clerk to retirement as an Admin NCO and PSNCO.
We lived in WWII barracks and drooled at all the goodies the Fly Boys had.

Just pass the Grey Poupon and STFU
Just for you.

ghey poupon.jpg

The only one whining here and crying would be you.
NO U is not a compelling argument.

Lighten up, Gunny.

Low ASVAB score, huh?
98 percent actually

Yeah, it is not a dick, so stop taking so hard!

When I graduated from high school in '57, I was torn between the Coast Guard and the Army. I went with the Army because the recruiter said I could get schooling as a veterinary assistant - I was living on a ranch at the time.

I signed on the dotted line and off we went to the main recruiting inprocessing station in downtown LA. After endless tests, I was told there were no openings for vet assts but I could get training in repairing heavy construction equipment. So, I bit.

Long story short, from temporary parts clerk to retirement as an Admin NCO and PSNCO.

This is funny. A summer in high-school I was working construction and working with an Army vet. He had joined up to work in heavy equipment and ended up with heavy artillery which really didn't have the civilian future...

Anyways, I will say in my time, there's two places I found with the best food and barracks and such. Air force Bases, and Sub bases. Subs did that since with the rotations it's 6 months at sea in the smallest ship as far as food/living/entertainment quarters. So the 6 months back they make sure you are taken care of. For a qual, we had to know the average per person budget the military got for food. I forget the number, something like 3 dollars a day around 2000. And we always used to joke about wondering where the other 2 bucks went to. Sub bases... lol

In Iraq we'd always head to Balad air base rather than Anaconda when we were out there. Same in Kuwait with LSA vs. the Rock (can't think of their official names). We got kinda lucky though as we fell under different operational commands out there and got that choice. But I remember the Rock had a pool (australian compound dug their own but had to fill it in when some general flew over), much better DFAC, better gym, store, etc.

As for the ASVAB, I did well on that, kept getting asked if I wanted to go Nuke (nuclear MM) but didn't want the 6 year sign-up. Which I ended up taking anyways after my post A-school training for an adjustment to my job. Anyways it definitely didn't relate anything to a civilian job, but was exciting, and was able to wrap up my degree while in.

Example of the difference between chairforce and Marine Corps. Congress authorizes a new Marine Base the Marines spend the money first on mission important things and when all the REQUIRED infrastructure to carry out the Marine Corps Mission is completed they work on services for Comfort like gyms and theaters and such. Congress authorizes a new Air force base, the Air force ignores the runway and all infrastructure to do their mission and work first on creature comforts when those are all done they start on other infrastructure still not building the airstrips. When they run out of money they tell Congress the airfields are not done and Congress gives them more money.

Prior Army here.

I know that the Air Force has become the whipping boy of the other services. However, I have great respect for the AF having seeing them doing their job in Vietnam. I am alive today because of the bravery of some AF personnel during the night of Tet in 1968.

Example of the difference between chairforce and Marine Corps. Congress authorizes a new Marine Base the Marines spend the money first on mission important things and when all the REQUIRED infrastructure to carry out the Marine Corps Mission is completed they work on services for Comfort like gyms and theaters and such. Congress authorizes a new Air force base, the Air force ignores the runway and all infrastructure to do their mission and work first on creature comforts when those are all done they start on other infrastructure still not building the airstrips. When they run out of money they tell Congress the airfields are not done and Congress gives them more money.

Prior Army here.

I know that the Air Force has become the whipping boy of the other services. However, I have great respect for the AF having seeing them doing their job in Vietnam. I am alive today because of the bravery of some AF personnel during the night of Tet in 1968.

I went on a couple of outings where the Army was what was standing in the way. And they stood in the way in a fantastic way. I had a job to do but it's tough doing it when the NVA doesnt' want you to do it. Thank you,Flash and all the ones like you.

This is funny. A summer in high-school I was working construction and working with an Army vet. He had joined up to work in heavy equipment and ended up with heavy artillery which really didn't have the civilian future...

Anyways, I will say in my time, there's two places I found with the best food and barracks and such. Air force Bases, and Sub bases. Subs did that since with the rotations it's 6 months at sea in the smallest ship as far as food/living/entertainment quarters. So the 6 months back they make sure you are taken care of. For a qual, we had to know the average per person budget the military got for food. I forget the number, something like 3 dollars a day around 2000. And we always used to joke about wondering where the other 2 bucks went to. Sub bases... lol

In Iraq we'd always head to Balad air base rather than Anaconda when we were out there. Same in Kuwait with LSA vs. the Rock (can't think of their official names). We got kinda lucky though as we fell under different operational commands out there and got that choice. But I remember the Rock had a pool (australian compound dug their own but had to fill it in when some general flew over), much better DFAC, better gym, store, etc.

As for the ASVAB, I did well on that, kept getting asked if I wanted to go Nuke (nuclear MM) but didn't want the 6 year sign-up. Which I ended up taking anyways after my post A-school training for an adjustment to my job. Anyways it definitely didn't relate anything to a civilian job, but was exciting, and was able to wrap up my degree while in.
The Rock is Ali al Salem Air Base.

I did a tour there in 1999-2000, and later spent a couple of days during another deployment in 2008. Definitely better accommodations in '08.

I would want more comfort also. But the truth is marines are men among many boys. There is a big difference between those who are in the front when we are at war/battles/etc. putting their lives on the line and those in the back doling out equipment and supplies. We have that in all dangerous civilian jobs also. With those putting all on the line and those in the rear or behind protection.

Forum List

Back