Air Force Party, Pretty Great Night

I never met anyone who did SERE, I just know my friend from basic tried to do and got washed out. We did PT every day in basic as soon as we got there except for Sundays, we drilled pretty much everyday as well.

Wow. I got to basic 19 Jan 2000.

I was in 324, Disneyland. Yeah bro. PT every other day :lol:

Not that I would have minded everyday, though. But it really isn't good to stress all your muscles like that everyday.

I went in July 4 2000, I was in the 331st, PT and drill every damn day.

I guess that's why they called 324 Disneyland :lol:

We drilled everyday though, but on non PT days we focused that time strictly on drill rather than PT. Otherwise we still did random drilling here and there pretty much everyday.

It's been almost 11 years and I still catch myself doing column movements sometimes when I walk :lol:

Wow. I got to basic 19 Jan 2000.

I was in 324, Disneyland. Yeah bro. PT every other day :lol:

Not that I would have minded everyday, though. But it really isn't good to stress all your muscles like that everyday.

We drilled everyday though, but on non PT days we focused that time strictly on drill rather than PT. Otherwise we still did random drilling here and there pretty much everyday.

It's been almost 11 years and I still catch myself doing column movements sometimes when I walk :lol:

How long you been out of the AF?

Since '03.

Since '03.

No doubt.:salute:

It is probably better to do Security Forces first and than retrain, I thought they didn't let people go into TACP str8 from basic? I could be wrong but I thought you had to retrain into it?

They have it where you can qualify for it in the DEP, so I am pretty sure they allow it to be done straight through BMT now. Not 100% sure, but our "other DEP" had a guy qualify for it, and another qualify for SERE.

Oh ok, thats kind of a hard job for an Airman to jump right into after BMT. I know they have a high turn over rate, I know an Airman that tried to reclass into TACP but he broke his leg and was sent home, and he never got another chance. I know SERE lets people in after basic, a friend of mine from basic got that specialty but he washed out and ended up working Supply instead, the training for it was much harder than he anticipated. All these special ops jobs look cool when your sitting there watching them do it, but when you actually have to train for it yourself its a totally different animal.

Yea, I believe the training is intense, that is kind of why I think Security Forces would be a good idea to stay in for my first 6 years, then go to something harder like SERE or TACP, maybe even PJ I am not sure.

No doubt.:salute:

Vandenberg ruined it for me. I might have stayed in for a while otherwise. But you know that whole story :thup:

Yeh me too, I was going to make the AF a career until I got to Vandenberg, that base is the Exit of the Air Force.

It was cool only because it was in cali. I was born in Cali and moved away to NJ when I was 4, and never went back again before the AF. So it was really cool getting to see my birth state again, and the WOMEN! :lol: But the novelty wore off really quickly.

But it was probably in the worst spot in the entire state. Lompoc obviously sucked balls, and the nearest place to have a good time was Santa Barbara and it was an hour away.

I bet friggin Elmendorf would have even been better :lol:

Vandenberg ruined it for me. I might have stayed in for a while otherwise. But you know that whole story :thup:

Yeh me too, I was going to make the AF a career until I got to Vandenberg, that base is the Exit of the Air Force.

It was cool only because it was in cali. I was born in Cali and moved away to NJ when I was 4, and never went back again before the AF. So it was really cool getting to see my birth state again, and the WOMEN! :lol: But the novelty wore off really quickly.

But it was probably in the worst spot in the entire state. Lompoc obviously sucked balls, and the nearest place to have a good time was Santa Barbara and it was an hour away.

Vandenberg was the West Virginia of California. Sure its in California but its too far away from everything, 3 hours from LA, 4 hours from the Bay Area, 5 hours from San Diego and like you said an hour from Santa fuckin Barbara. I was at Vandenberg for 3 years and I only went to Santa Barbara a handful of times, shit is too expensive out there and the cops out there have a hard on for busting Military people downtown. San Luis Obispo is another place full of fuckin haters, I got followed around in a liquor store in San Luis like I was going to steal something. The women in Lompoc and Santa Maria were pretty much all loose whores and really not that big of a deal, Los Angeles and the Bay Area have some fine ass women though. I did have a friend stationed at Travis so I actually went up there alot, maybe like 12 times in the 3 years I was there, I really enjoyed partying in Oakland and Berkley the most.

Vandenberg was the West Virginia of California. Sure its in California but its too far away from everything, 3 hours from LA, 4 hours from the Bay Area, 5 hours from San Diego and like you said an hour from Santa fuckin Barbara. I was at Vandenberg for 3 years and I only went to Santa Barbara a handful of times, shit is too expensive out there and the cops out there have a hard on for busting Military people downtown. San Luis Obispo is another place full of fuckin haters, I got followed around in a liquor store in San Luis like I was going to steal something. The women in Lompoc and Santa Maria were pretty much all loose whores and really not that big of a deal, Los Angeles and the Bay Area have some fine ass women though. I did have a friend stationed at Travis so I actually went up there alot, maybe like 12 times in the 3 years I was there, I really enjoyed partying in Oakland and Berkley the most.

Yeah I definitely wasn't talking about the women outside the base. I got to SB a lot, LA a couple times because 2 of my boys were from there and they had a car and went home every weekend. I never liked SLO. Pismo Beach was cool though.

I remember parties in SB were cool because Cal Poly was there and they were pretty loose about drinking as long as your cup was empty if you were out on the street.

But yeah, overall it got to be too expensive to have good time regularly.

Yeah I definitely wasn't talking about the women outside the base. I got to SB a lot, LA a couple times because 2 of my boys were from there and they had a car and went home every weekend. I never liked SLO. Pismo Beach was cool though.

I remember parties in SB were cool because Cal Poly was there and they were pretty loose about drinking as long as your cup was empty if you were out on the street.

But yeah, overall it got to be too expensive to have good time regularly.

Vandenberg is garbage, I wish I could have spent my time at Travis AFB or Los Angeles AFB. A friend of mine was stationed at LA AFB for 3 years and all he did down there was party, they never did any exercises, deployments, nothing. Those bastards got away with so much it mad me mad, they even got COLA (Cost of Living allowance) to be down there and we never got that at Vandenberg.

New Topics

Forum List

Back